The Painting Contract - January 2021

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for January 2021, the first contract of the year!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 2

My goals for the year (subject to change):

- Make a case for my vintage HeroQuest Box set (the ancient HeroQuest box is kinda dying)

- Remodel the HeroQuest card board furniture bits to plasticard.

- Paint the full set of Base HeroQuest, Kellar’s Keep, Return of the Witch Lord, the 4 Wizards of Morcar, Ogres, the Henchmen (both good and Dark Company units), the Frozen Horror and craft up a version of the Mage in the Mirror.

- Complete my WHQ: Silver Tower Set

- Paint my Imperial Knight that has been languishing

- Begin on Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress painting

- This fall when the new HeroQuest is released, paint that up as well!

Whew!

• Like 1

Finished painting my Silver quest Tower before 2021. Starter somewhere in november, glad it's finished.

Some minis where rushed, and i will spend more tome on some of the models that I like.

But for now i call it done. And i can start painting things i care more about like my Idoneth army or some of my warcry warbands.

Can't wait to play the game, yup i've never played it yet. I wanted to paint the minis before getting into the game

silvertower.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 12/29/2020 at 2:15 AM, Maxi99 said:

It’s been a while since my last contract, but no better way to start the new year for motivation!

For January it’s just to finish off the Shadow Queen. Here’s a WIP

image.jpg

I really like the start of those colors.   I also need to assemble and paint her.

• Like 1