Let's Chat: Myari's Purifiers

LuminethMage

As @Still-young doesn't seem to be interested in them, I'll do the Lumineth one : ) 

I bought the Direchasm box, and played my first few games of Underworlds with my wife. Both Warbands look like fun. The Aetherquartz mechanic for the Lumineth is interesting, although I obviously can't compare them to anything else. 

Without further ado, here are the cards from Warhammer Community Shining a Light in Direchasm

The Fighters: 

Wm7ETLH9PtYGxeJP.jpg.6b54704e42288161654a01554a3fe167.jpg

X30meYJndQCjvLLQ.jpg.8425faa34c9b4a323acfabbbb521a054.jpg

3Pw0zvUuIwCPNre9.jpg.2d6ce30b51e7023076a60466b932f709.jpg

Id00PoXnhfJQVrAr.jpg.cdd370034e29f3ee480c6f9803dd974a.jpg

Object Cards:

FVduRGwU0uVwfeIU.jpg.c5134bd1574d722c5092cbbba28db7cd.jpg

fWKnFuleWSrdOoMo.jpg.46ec17513ff2966418194cea7406364c.jpg

E3xOrUnrfNpSLesH.jpg.916c3cee2a059a3e6087823339f142cb.jpg

Power Cards:

bX6kPpl59YzN5rX2.jpg.beb19bf1eb2d82e5ad51d3c7b48492ba.jpg

E9xM5RG5Ux60SH5X.jpg.b71787b453703afd349869e6db946c3e.jpg

NHg01TzI13vi4CL9.jpg.5b69236dd149f98996057a0b040dd9fe.jpg

jz6YYaxqrW6BumGJ.jpg.ac0bb81d8e796bf070f2698fe4dcdcd1.jpg

yWrOWcX9F3timxd3.jpg.d97b0640c08c1e5e4263629ee2e7c4a8.jpg

• Like 1

Haha, I dunno why I never got round to posting them now! If it helps, I seem to be the only one interested in the Dread Pageant ;) How did your first few games go? I’ve only played Warhammer Underworlds with my brother so far, and I should be able to rope him in for some Direchasm games over Christmas. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Haha, I dunno why I never got round to posting them now! If it helps, I seem to be the only one interested in the Dread Pageant ;) How did your first few games go? I’ve only played Warhammer Underworlds with my brother so far, and I should be able to rope him in for some Direchasm games over Christmas. 

Was just joking : ). I think both of the Warbands look really cool. I’ve played 5 games against my wife, and it’s 3:2 right now. First time I’ve played this game, and the first 4 matches were only with the Warband restricted cards. Last one, I exchanged two spells from the general deck into mine in exchange of two gambits, because otherwise Myari basically can’t cast anything. So that’s the total worth of my experience.

That said, I found it fun! My wife also enjoys it a lot. We already bought her the Ylithari (??) Guardian’s Warband because she liked the look of that one and the DoK (which is sold out where I live) the most. 

I think the Dread Pageant’s cards are a bit better (or at least have more interesting/infuriating :) abilities), but inspiring can be pretty hard for them, until you get used to hurting yourself (and even then can be rough). 

As mentioned in my first post, I like the Aetherquartz mechanic. I probably hang onto them too long, but it’s fun to agonize about when to use them. 

All in all, it looks pretty balanced, most of the reviews I read say though the Pageant is better. But on a beginner level, I didn’t have the feeling I don’t have any chance. A lot depends on luck of dice rolls and which cards you get when. 

We’ll get many games in over Christmas I think! 

And looks like there will be an OBR one for you this season : ) 

Build my deck over the weekend, pity the virus is still rampaging, and hence I'm unable to get games. I am a bit worried about the Purifiers, as they're rather squishy. Hopefully the higher wound warbands aren't going to casually steamroll me, on the upside, the Purifiers game seems rather defensive, should suit me more than the DoK warband. Kurnothi still remain my favorite elven warband in the game, will see if the Purifiers can change that.

They do feel squishy : ). I’m not sure if this is a thing, because I haven’t seen it used much on the YouTube matches I watched, but in my “we both still don’t really know how this works” games, guard has been pretty helpful so far, and the Purifiers get a few options to give out guard tokens without activations. 

Hopefully you can get some games in soon. 

Guard is useful. I employ it with Skritch and Kurnothi, however it's always preferable to have more meat points and not die to a single hit. It'd be wonderful for Myhari or Bahannar to have four wound points on their profile, as it was pointed by some review, the upgrade that reduces the damage by one, shines the brightest when you have profiles with a large hit points. Fishing for extra wounds and damage reduction to get at least a somewhat survivable fighter doesn't sit well with me, given how many +1 damage cards are in play, but I'm willing to give it a run to see what happens.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tempted to look for some GS tutorials on making those backpacks. Would be neat to have them for Warcray warband.

2021 doesn't seem more friendly than 2020. I've hoped they'd lift a few limitations, so I can at least drive to my friends and have a game with them.  :(

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, BrBandit said:

Are there any good guides available on how to play them? Hoping to pick them up in a post virus world and I feel very rusty! 

The newest (461) White Dwarf has an article about them, Can you roll a crit also has an article: https://canyourollacrit.com/2020/12/05/myaris-purifiers/ . But that was written before more of the neutral cards came out.

Hope that helps. 

• Thanks 1