Sons of Behemat mightier makes rightier rule

rion82

Question

Hi,I’ve a doubt about the designers’ commentary regarding the “Mightier makes Rightier” rule in the last SoBs’ faq.

they states that you can choose to contest an objective with a mancrusher unit even though it doesn’t have the leader battlefield role in the battleplan “Places of arcane power”.

how does it work exactly?

If i choose to use the SoBs’ rule than do  both i and my opponent completly ignore the battleplans’ rule?and if so,then how are the control of the objective determineted (and when?)?do we follow the normal rule for determining the control of the objective?

Edited by rion82

5 answers to this question

So I was about two paragraphs into the explanation when I noticed a critical problem that I did not pick up on before. It does not line up with GW commentary.

The problem lies in the "when determining control of an objective" part of Mightier Makes Rightier. This is a trigger for the choice to swap out the objective control rules; when models are being measured for controlling an objective the Sons player chooses which rules will apply. But in Places of Arcane Power objective control is only being determined based on the actions of a Leader model. If a mancrushers unit moves within 3" they are still not a Leader unit, so objective control is not determined. No models are measured, no opportunity to replace the rules with MMR.

Meanwhile at the end of turn the normal measure-models-within-6" is not ever triggered  because the scenario says those rules are not used. MMR can be swapped in when determining control of an objective but there is no determination occurring.

So there is no way to actually use Mightier Makes Rightier at all with just mancrushers in this scenario, meaning they very much cannot gain control of an objective. In fact MMR is useless here even with Mega-Gargants because all it does is change the number of models they count as while the Places of Arcane Power scenario does not care about the number of models.

So either Mightier Makes Rightier is not worded properly for what GW intends, the commentary from Warhammer Community is wrong, or I am wrong. I'd put any of those three as quite plausible, they have all happened multiple times before!

Edited by NinthMusketeer
  • Haha 1

if it is not too boring for you,i’d like to hear your explanation,cause i can’t understand how the SoBs’ rule that simply claims that your troop counts as more models than normal can become to means that you have to treat them as leader/battleline.
and how does it interact with the designers’ commentary that said that you can contest the objective?if you are simply a leader you can not contest the objective,you must first kill the opponents’ leader or it has to move away from it to be able to conquer it.

i’d really appreciate if you’d be so patiente to explain it to me,it would help me understand how the rule works and puts my soul at easy!😝🙏

however thank you for your previous answer!

5 hours ago, NinthMusketeer said:

I could go into the technical explanation if you like, but it boils down to just treating a mancrusher unit like it was a leader for the purposes of objectives in that scenario.

if it is not too boring for you,i’d like to hear your explanation,cause i can’t understand how the SoBs’ rule that simply claims that your troop counts as more models than normal can become to means that you have to treat them as leader/battleline.
and how does it interact with the designers’ commentary that said that you can contest the objective?if you are simply a leader you can not contest the objective,you must first kill the opponents’ leader or it has to move away from it to be able to conquer it.

i’d really appreciate if you’d be so patiente to explain it to me,it would help me understand how the rule works and puts my soul at easy!😝🙏

however thank you for your previous answer!

1 hour ago, NinthMusketeer said:

So I was about two paragraphs into the explanation when I noticed a critical problem that I did not pick up on before. It does not line up with GW commentary.

The problem lies in the "when determining control of an objective" part of Mightier Makes Rightier. This is a trigger for the choice to swap out the objective control rules; when models are being measured for controlling an objective the Sons player chooses which rules will apply. But in Places of Arcane Power objective control is only being determined based on the actions of a Leader model. If a mancrushers unit moves within 3" they are still not a Leader unit, so objective control is not determined. No models are measured, no opportunity to replace the rules with MMR.

Meanwhile at the end of turn the normal measure-models-within-6" is not ever triggered  because the scenario says those rules are not used. MMR can be swapped in when determining control of an objective but there is no determination occurring.

So there is no way to actually use Mightier Makes Rightier at all with just mancrushers in this scenario, meaning they very much cannot gain control of an objective. In fact MMR is useless here even with Mega-Gargants because all it does is change the number of models they count as while the Places of Arcane Power scenario does not care about the number of models.

So either Mightier Makes Rightier is not worded properly for what GW intends, the commentary from Warhammer Community is wrong, or I am wrong. I'd put any of those three as quite plausible, they have all happened multiple times before!

Ahahahahah,i very much appreciate your answer,and want to thank you for the time you spent for my trouble.

my soul can simply continue to burn in the GWs’ hell of misunderstanding till the next faq like always,but this is how the story goes from ancient times,damnation was the only absolute certainty!🤣🔥😭🔥🤣🔥😭🔥