Broken realms warrior chamber

jeanfluflu

Hey guys.

After the launch of the broken realms book i'd like to try to make a list for my dust heavy liberators using the broken realms new rules.

I'm playing regularly against a friend who has a khorne army and two DoK/ nighthaunt players that are new to the game.
My khorne friend does not seems amused to play against vanguard units (even though i never played more than 6 longstrikes against him, the constant tp and regular fire output is an annoyance to him) so i recently tried the sacro sanct chamber but the gav bomb of 10 evocators absolutely devastated his army.

That's why i'm here, the goal here is not to get a top meta army but rather to find a nice army that is fun to play against and enjoyable for me too, also i'd like to use a maximum of the warrior chamber to get a nice theme.

Here's the list:

Stormkeep/Celestial vindicators

Lord celestant on dracoth:
Lightning hammer, stormrage blade, keen clawed.

Knight vexillor:
Pennant of the stormbringer

Lord castellant:

15 liberators
10 liberators
5 judicators
10 retributors
4 concussors

Stormtower garrison.

For a grand total of 2000pts exactly, 4 drops and a total of 128 wounds.

Let's talk about the lord celestant, or as we can call him mister 6:
The single minded fury ability from the celestial vindicators stormhost said that for each 6 to hit the attack does an extra wound, does it means that the lightning hammer does 3MW instead of 2 for each 6 to hit? If yes it means that i can in theory use the stormrage blade to add 2 extra attacks and launch 5 att each round....can you guys confirm this?
I think having keen clawed on the dracoth mount is really nice too, it means that for each 6 to wound the attack deals -3 rend AND d6 damages, not the most reliable thing but it allows for some fun and extra tension when it is time to launch the dices.

Hi command ability that allows units to ignore bravery tests is great and would allow the liberators to fulfill their roles and tank objectives like the champ they are (TP them on the most important obj with a bit of castellant shine to give them the sweet 2+ save rerolling 1's if they do not move).

The rest is pretty obvious and the list goes without much more explanations, i need your advice on the second artifact i would use in this list.
The obvious choice would be the lantern of the tempest on the castellant but what do you think of the banners that we have at our disposal (the lichbone standard seems nice i guess but i've never used it).

I wish i can have some advices from people who play against stormcast armies, i think that this list focusing on close combat would be nice to fight against even though some units hits really hard and have great saves.
I'm not spamming MW or ranged units, i only have one per battle TP and i would mostly face tank and hit back.

What do you think?

• Like 1

The one thing i notice right away is why the stormtower garrison ability. ill ques for lower drops and give the retributors +1 save. I did a 1 day tournament with it and went 2-1 but all three games i did notice its hard to keep the +1 save on the retributors and im really not sure its worth the 160 points.

to get that +1 save you need to keep 1 unit of liberators wholly within 12 inch. Thats a unit Liberators in the bubble of the retributors. So it makes the retributors like 80/180 points more expensive on top of the battalion. And this all for +1 save. ( the +1 hit is okay but with retributors you want those mortal wounds anyway)
Then the next question i have is why celestial vindicators. They only really help your consuccors because this is the only unit that can get a charge of and your lord celestant is with them. 

I think my advice is: Drop the retributors and focus on more dracoths+ get an knight heraldor. Drop the battalion. If you're over 4 drops you might aswel go 11 drops.

Or keep the retributors and build around them. From my limited experience you want a lord relictor with them to teleport them around so they keep that save and bump it up with a lord castellant. Els Retributors die faster then liberators. 

10 liberators and even 15 without a lord castellant die super fast. Even with a 3+ save from not moving. They need support because they cannot fight there way out of stuff or survive over the rounds of combat. 

Hope this helps.