Armies of the Undying King - a blog of Death.

Lord marcus

Hello all and welcome to this blog.

I've taken the plunge into flesh eater courts, mainly because its the last death army (until soulblight) I needed to fill out the grand alliance. There are other reasons as well, though. One of my friends has taken up Tzeentch as his first true foray into AoS, so I figured I would build up a new army and we would do a sort of "two man escalation league" with the plague still ongoing. Thirdly it gives me something to distract myself from my divorce and an escape from the grind of job-hunting.

All of my undead factions are loosely Greek inspired, as well as united by a theme color of green.

LoN/Deathrattle - Legions of Helios: Home to a gate connecting Shyish to Hysh, this kingdom is the afterlife of Korinthos, a sigmarite city that blends greek and high fantasy architecture. Deathrattle legions, commanded by their kings and the earthly remains of the high priests keep watch over this realmgate.

Ossiarch bone reapers - The Scions of Cripple peak: In remembrance of his former fortress and the mountain upon and within which it stood, Nagash raised a great peak from the very bowels of Shyish. This new Cripple peak now plays host to a bone-reaper legion and its defensive structures. It is revered as a holy mountain by the dead of Helios (Roughly analogous to Mount Olympus.)

Nighthaunt - Procession of the unworthy: Those from Korinthos unworthy of the glorious afterlife of battle and vigil that is Helios are instead reborn as shades. Commanded by Lady Kore, a handmaiden of the mortarch, and her chosen knights, these shades can be roused to violent campaigns. When dormant, they haunt the foothills of Cripple peak.

Now, I get to add the next piece, the Court of Keres-Nagash.

Similar to the Grand court of blisterkin, these deranged cannibals believe themselves to be the holy adherents of the temple of Keres-Nagash. They are moved to enact violent murders by their high priest Pontifex Maximus and his ordained, priestly brothers. But while their acts might be savage and hideous to mortals, the delusion makes the cannibals believe they are giving the poor, sick and dying mercy, or driving back the foes of Keres-Nagash in righteous war. Utterly loyal to the undying king, the court raises promising adherents into minor orders of priesthood. If one is found worthy, the high priest himself will ordain a new preacher unto the masses in a holy rite which in reality takes the form of blood rituals.

I have taken the plunge into this new army by purchasing the battletome and a start collecting box. I assembled the box as 10 ghouls (duh), 3 crypt flayers, and finally a Minister on blessed griffon Ghoul King on Terrorghiest. I intend to play with blisterkin as the grand court.

I painted the first 5 ghouls today as a testbed, and I think they came out alright. I would appreciate any commentary.1065541829_Keresghouls1.jpg.a979e20e760d3030e46658079609e64d.jpg408407995_Keresghouls2.jpg.a6962c6acace29b21f5cb793b45d46c3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for no updates everybody, I've been working on commissions lately.

Getting back to the flesh eaters, I have a conundrum: How do I make my ghoul kings and arch regent visually distinct, in terms of painting?

I still want them to fit into the army, but I'm not sure if i should change the skin tone or something different.

thoughts?