Mounted Sorcerer Options?

Urauloth

I'm a fan of sorcerers, and I'd quite like to stick one on a horse to add some mobility to my oracular visions. There isn't a current mini for this, though, and tracking down the (admittedly very nice) oop model is an awkward and expensive venture. It seems like there should be a way of kitbashing or converting a horse sorcerer (horscerer?)  so I figured I'd see if anyone had done so or what the community's ideas were.

Marauder horseman kit could provide the basis for a burly barbarian shaman, maybe? The knights might be too heavily armoured, but I haven't actually worked with the kit yet, and I recall an old metal sorcerer who was essentially just a knight with a staff and skull helm. Approaching things from a different angle, a doomfire warlock might be a workable starting point.

What say ye, TGAC?

On 27/08/2016 at 2:30 PM, Spiky Norman said:

Are you looking for one that looks god-specific or an unaligned one?

Either! I'd probably run an undivided sorc, but I have some Tzeentch and Nurgle so those are solid choices. Any options might be useful to other people, too, so inspiration and resources are all good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're feeling brave you could probably also chop up the footslogging sorcerer lord (i usually use hobby knives to cut plastic -though a saw might work better) and combine his top half with an extra chaos horse (perhaps from a gorbeast chariot).  

I actually have all that stuff and would prefer my sorcerer lord be mounted.  I'll work on that tonight.  Not sure where I'm going to find some legs to ride on the horse with.  May have to investigate some oldhammer bits.

35 minutes ago, cetiken said:

If you're feeling brave you could probably also chop up the footslogging sorcerer lord (i usually use hobby knives to cut plastic -though a saw might work better) and combine his top half with an extra chaos horse (perhaps from a gorbeast chariot).  

I actually have all that stuff and would prefer my sorcerer lord be mounted.  I'll work on that tonight.  Not sure where I'm going to find some legs to ride on the horse with.  May have to investigate some oldhammer bits.

You can pick up the legs for the chaos knight quite cheap off of bits sites 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

You can pick up the legs for the chaos knight quite cheap off of bits sites 

Thanks for the tip.  I recall seeing some old empire riders in my bits bin.  I'll hit up the bitz sites if that doesn't pan out.  While were on the topic, care to recommend one?

Archived