Heroes of the Old World

Moosewala

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ENG_HEROES_JULY.pdf

Looks like the current batch of build to order isn't bringing any full armies back at the moment, just bringing the old heroes back for compendium/open play. I've not cross referenced it, but it's a lot list and I suspect it's probably all the characters that were removed from the compendiums last year.

• Confused 1

Here is the full list of Legends

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

I know that Dark Elves, Skaven, Beastmen and Orcs & Goblins are full WHFB Armylists while Heroes of the Old World were only named Heroes.

The strange thing is that all the other documents are simply the last compenidum Lists GW made.

I'm quite unsure if GW maybe stopped making those pdfs when starting the development for "The old World"

https://www.tga.community/forums/topic/24482-warhammer-the-old-world/?tab=comments#comment-390120

Edited by EMMachine

5 hours ago, Moosewala said:

Looks like the current batch of build to order isn't bringing any full armies back at the moment, just bringing the old heroes back for compendium/open play. I've not cross referenced it, but it's a lot list and I suspect it's probably all the characters that were removed from the compendiums last year.

Don't expect any old army to ever come back.  

45 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

May I ask, where are have they announced these build to order?

Indeed.  There is nothing on WarCom nor the GW site nor today's e-mail.  I wonder where or if the build-to-order was announced.  

Also... wait,.. during COVID when the UK is shutting down you're saying GW who is madly trying to keep up stock levels as best they can, and release new products is going to do a build-to-order?  

That would be indeed something,.. especially since none of the stores are open in the UK.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Popisdead said:

I‘ve indeed heard something of the likes as well, yet I did not get any information what it‘ll be, just that December might get... a bit more made to order heavy than any month every before ^^ (2-3 day sprints iirc)

Source: Northern German WhatsApp Group

Edited by JackStreicher

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

I‘ve indeed heard something of the likes as well, yet I did not get any information what it‘ll be, just that December might get... a bit more made to order heavy than any month every before ^^ (2-3 day sprints iirc)

Source: Northern German WhatsApp Group

um you quoted the wrong guy.

OK. Well I would love for this to be a thing, and safe the 100 dollars that Boris costs on ebay (too late for me on this one).

What are "new" mythic AoS named characters? I am not well versed on the lore, and for me the old names still have much more meaning. Even when I look at AoS lore, they seem to have recycled some of the main ones. What is a well-known AoS exclusive name?

Also, if anyone has more info on this, would be happy to hear more about it.

11 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

What are "new" mythic AoS named characters? I am not well versed on the lore, and for me the old names still have much more meaning. Even when I look at AoS lore, they seem to have recycled some of the main ones. What is a well-known AoS exclusive name?

Named mythic characters with models: 

Avalenor

Celennar

Celestant-Prime

Rotigus

Shalaxi Helbane

Gordrakk

Katakros

Arch-Kavalos Zandtos

Volturnos

Syll'Esske

Lady Olynder

Candid Hammerhand

Asteria Solbright

Brook Grungsson

Skragrott The Loonking

Vokmortian

Horticulous Slimux

Crawlocke the jailor

Mega Gargant Mercs

And the underworld warbands

There's probably some that I might have missed though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Moosewala said:

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ENG_HEROES_JULY.pdf

Looks like the current batch of build to order isn't bringing any full armies back at the moment, just bringing the old heroes back for compendium/open play. I've not cross referenced it, but it's a lot list and I suspect it's probably all the characters that were removed from the compendiums last year https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ .

Thank you my issue has been solved,...

14 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

May I ask, where have they announced these builds to order?

Many of the old models were made to order but this was years ago. As we see the Heroes of the Old World was from July 2018.

Most of the made to order stuff was between 2016 and 2019

Edited by EMMachine
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Greybeard86 said:

Those aren't AoS exclusive ;)

But thanks for the rest :)

I would add that there are other characters that have  warscrolls but no minis: all the new characters from Broken Realms: Morathi, White Dwarfs characters (Galmorian, Bael-Grimnir,  etc...), warscrolls batallions with named leaders (Moggorz), etc...
We have new Black Library series too (callis & Toll, Volk, Maleneth, etc...) but unfortunately they don't have any mini (yet).

Of course,  30 years of games, books and games has a lot of weight and because of that, it's not fair to compare them with big names like Gorbad, Grom or Orion.

Btw, someone that don't know anything about Warhammer will have another perspective, but that's not the point of this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I would add that there are other characters that have  warscrolls but no minis: all the new characters from Broken Realms: Morathi, White Dwarfs characters (Galmorian, Bael-Grimnir,  etc...), warscrolls batallions with named leaders (Moggorz), etc...
We have new Black Library series too (callis & Toll, Volk, Maleneth, etc...) but unfortunately they don't have any mini (yet).

Of course,  30 years of games, books and games has a lot of weight and because of that, it's not fair to compare them with big names like Gorbad, Grom or Orion.

Btw, someone that don't know anything about Warhammer will have another perspective, but that's not the point of this thread.

The female Kharadron from the novels deserve a mention. As well as that brilliantly fierce looking female Fyreslayer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

Absolutely! That said, I do not see why GW would crab on 30 years worth of marketing just because they wanted to reboot the franchise. They aren't, as a matter of fact, since a fair number of the central characters in AoS are fantasy ones recycled.

I guess over time it will be a mixture of both; there is just some awkwardness, for the time being, when for a lot of people some "dead" old heroes are more recognizable than the newer ones.

We'll also have to see if they "ground" more AoS, since at the moment it still seems pretty "high fantasy and who knows what is going on in the kitchens" sort of business. More like Age of Sigmar = Age of Mythology whereas Fantasy had a more down to earth feel to it (granted, they didn't build fantasy from scratch, it was copy paste for a lot of things).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1