Differences between Ironjawz and Orruk Warckans?

Hannibal

Hi all,

I know that you can play in a "classic" Ironjawz list in Ironjawz allegiance as well as Orruk Warclans allegiance. But what is the difference? What are the pros and cons of each allegiance?

Thanks for your answers!

HTG

Edited by Hannibal

1 hour ago, Hannibal said:

Hi all,

I know that you can play in a "classic" Ironjawz list in Ironjawz allegiance as well as Orruk Warclans allegiance. But what is the difference? What are the pros and cons of each allegiance?

Thanks for your answers!

HTG

The main difference is that Ironjawz Allegiance only includes units with the Ironjawz Keyword while Great Waaagh (Orruk Warclans is only the name of the Battletome includes all Orruks) So you can play a Army Mixing Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz (and theoretically Greenskinz). If you choose Ironjawz Allegiance you will have the Allegiance Rules of page 55-59.

Big Waaagh is a quite mixed allegiance. It has its own battletraits (Page 76-77) but uses the Command Traits, Artefacts of Power, Mount Traits, Warchanter Warbeats and Spell Lores of the Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz Allegiance as described on Page 77.

The Keywords needed for the Allegiances is described on Page 54, Allegiance Abilities.

Edited by EMMachine

2 hours ago, EMMachine said:

The main difference is that Ironjawz Allegiance only includes units with the Ironjawz Keyword while Great Waaagh (Orruk Warclans is only the name of the Battletome includes all Orruks) So you can play a Army Mixing Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz (and theoretically Greenskinz). If you choose Ironjawz Allegiance you will have the Allegiance Rules of page 55-59.

Big Waaagh is a quite mixed allegiance. It has its own battletraits (Page 76-77) but uses the Command Traits, Artefacts of Power, Mount Traits, Warchanter Warbeats and Spell Lores of the Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz Allegiance as described on Page 77.

The Keywords needed for the Allegiances is described on Page 54, Allegiance Abilities.

Thanks for your answer.

But if I had access to a battletome, I hadn´t ask the questions. :)

I simply hoped that I could get a short overview.

• 4 weeks later...

In terms of book mechanics EMMachine had it right. In terms of game mechanics...

If you play ironjawz specifically they play a lot like their old solo battletome. Some of the rules differ a bit but the general style is "Hit fast, Hit hard, Hit often". Powerful damage dealers that while initially slow looking can move faster than you think. Problem is low numbers and their defense looks decent on paper, but other than ard boyz doesn't work that well practically.

Big Waagh basically combines the ironjawz and bonesplitterz battletraits all into one, that activate over time as you accrue waagh points(so a resource mechanic) via various means. This means Big Waagh takes longer to spin up and requires you in the end to take some bonesplitterz units(most think the bonesplitterz are lacking) but if you get big waagh fully spun up it is the more powerful of allegiance abilities because you get goodies like +1 to hit AND wound, and a 6++ save to make your brutes and goregruntaz and megaboss that more survivable and a couple of 1 offs to help with magic and such.