The Painting Contract - December 2020

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for December of 2020, the last contract of the year!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, Gorechosen, or HeroQuest.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe  &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 1

There we go! 
This month: 
1 Deepkin Warcry Warband: 4 Thralls, 4 Reavers,  2 Eels, 1 Soulrender (big head strt on this one)
1 Cypherlords warband (if I can find suitable heads. otherwise another warband)

IF i finish the above I'll buy the catacombs set and paint up the terrain before january. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 11/30/2020 at 1:28 PM, Praecautus said:

Finish my Khorne warriors and something else which is yet to be determined. Possibly a chaos lord on manticore

It’s going to be a chaos sorc on manticore. The sorceror is painted so just the beast to go, it’s ordered. The other rider will be kit bashed to a chaos lord on daemonic Mount 

• LOVE IT! 1

hello fellow age of sigmar painters and hobbyists long time lurker first time poster here firstly some great miniatures posted here keep it up! i am just working on my nighthaunt and have a big list to get through i have finished some of bloodhaunt which are below but also i have some works in progress that i want to complete.

In addition to the current miniatures that are being worked on i will try to complete some of following for this month

for warcry
-3 tzeentch screamers
-10 pink horrors
-3 tzaangor enlightened

for age of sigmar
-5 black coaches
-20 grimghast reapers

IMG20201204094235.jpg

IMG20201204094543.jpg

IMG20201204094620.jpg

IMG20201204094623.jpg

Edited by Psicorps
misspelt a few things
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedMax said:

wow should be amazing on the table!

Take (and poste) some pictures if you have opportunity, this should make really cool looking games!

not really most of my army is unpainted but next time if i get the chance i will take the pictures

Haven't made a pledge or posted anything in the last 2 months or so, not because I haven't painted anything but because I'm too lazy and have forgotten to post lol. Anyway, looking to get back into making a pledge on the paint contract so here goes:

11x Bloodreavers 

1x Daemon Prince

1x Skullreaper (maybe)

The next two weeks are a bit of an existential crisis school and homework-wise (gotta love finals and that end of semester crunch am I right?) but over Christmas break I should be able to paint like a madman so I might have a chance. Bloodreavers are VERY annoying to paint, they have all these little fiddly bits and details which take FOREVER so we'll see how that goes. As for the Daemon Prince, he's going to be the centerpiece of my army, so I'll be excited to show him to you guys once I'm done I think he's going to look sick.  The skullreaper I'll do if I have time I've kind of been sitting on him for a couple months now but haven't made much progress. Anyway, until the end of the month!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 7:23 AM, valenswift said:

I pledge to actually take some photos of the stuff I have painted recently 🤣

Getting ready for a Morathi Broken Realms campaign in the new year, here are Keiser Van Brecht (I didn't have a Lord-Veritant), Vatheira Seris (Melusai Ironscale) and Taras Nightscour (Fleetmaster of the Black Ark Agoniser)

IMG-3416.jpg

IMG-3417.jpg

IMG-3418.jpg

• Like 4