What kind of "normal Grand Alliance Order Human" Expansion would you like to see in the future?

What kind of "normal Grand Alliance Order Human" Expansion would you like to see in the future?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of "normal Grand Alliance Order Human" Expansion would you like to see in the future?

• Cities of Sigmar stays largely as it is - Cities rise and fall, some die and some new ones are added. The Unit selection remains (eventually there are Model upgrades)
    • Some kind of "Standing Armies of Azyr" theme, professional and militarized ranks of Human soldiery
    • Focus on the "Devoted of Sigmar" with a more religious theme and Witch Hunters etc.
    • A bit like answer 1 - however: There is a large overhaul with mixed race Units (Aleves, Duardin and Humans) "Defenders of the Realms" Theme
    • Full emphasis on the Realm Aspect: Humans from the different Realms with wholly different technological levels, skin tones, etc.
    • Something totally different (or a combination of the above)
    • We doesn't need orderly Humiez in AoS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/07/2020 at 11:00 PM

Either a real Bretonnia or something totally different and creative i hope.

We will get a lot of empire and bretonnia with the old world anyways. 

Personally i would like to see something with an tales from 1001 night, Dune, desert flair. 

Edited by Dukeus
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'd like for Cities to stay and expand, and I'd love if that involved different mortals of the realms. I think it would be a shame to lose many of the subfactions that are currently part of Cities or to let then stagnate forever, but I also think it's not necessary to limit Cities to currently existing subfactions. There can definitely be new groups that could join the melting pot of the Cities.

• LOVE IT! 2

If it was up to me, CoS would act like a mini-LoN, a sort of catchall way to play a bunch of different factions altogether in a thematically interesting way.

Pulling away from the leftovers of WHFB, with new characters, more extravagant, exciting and creative models for factions like Phoenix Temple or Devoted of Sigmar or whatever which then can all come together in a toolbox allegiance in CoS or by themselves as more focused armies.

At the base of the  army would be freeguild which wouldn't really exist outside of CoS but would come in boxes compatible multipart kits for each race and alongside upgrade sprues with fitting accessories and weapons that reflect the lore of a particular city or realm.

A guy can dream anyway...

• Like 1

An independent human faction that isn't specifically tied to Sigmar would make me happy. Nothing against ol' Sig, but between Stormcast and Cities he doesn't really need to slap his brand on anything more.

Magi-tech would be a fun angle, and could open the door to some very fun asthetics, designs, and units.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

An independent human faction that isn't specifically tied to Sigmar would make me happy. Nothing against ol' Sig, but between Stormcast and Cities he doesn't really need to slap his brand on anything more.

Magi-tech would be a fun angle, and could open the door to some very fun asthetics, designs, and units.

Really like this, there is already so many cool magi-tech kingdoms that have mentioned in lore or art that would be amazing to see in some form on the table top. 

From the complete opposite end of the tech spectrum, I hope for human worshipers of gorkamorka to exist some day.

I'm personally optimistic about cities, from all the great ideas shared already it's clear they have great potential.

• Like 2

I really desperately want an updated version of Brettonians but emphasizing mythical mounts: Unicorns, Pegasus riders, Gryphons and Hippogrifs. I would want the mounts to be more traditional than Stormcast's exotic menagerie of mounts. 

I also want a Devouted of Sigmar army but above all else for Order I want Halflings to be incorporated.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2

It's a really difficult poll as none of the options prevent another. 

An expansion army from Azyr. Complete with the nobels and reclaimed. Yes please. 
A full Devoted of Sigmar army. Yes Please. 
Continuing the current Cities of Sigmar project but updating the model line (with or without mixed race units) Yes please. 
New Cities with separate models. Yes please. 

The last one is especially good for GW. Because that is an update subfaction rulesset plus a hero and two units to represent them adapting to the realm and you have a relatively low effort expansion to the cities of Sigmar allegiance. Maybe an upgrade set for the (updated) freeguild units and you could have a very different Shyish cities army than the excisting current ones.Especially with a 1/4 deathrattle rule. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

It's a really difficult poll as none of the options prevent another. 

Yeah, I admit, I did not think too much about about it. 😄
And yes, the fact that I narrowed it down to Sigmar Worshippers didn't occur to me as being somewhat problematic. My mind was already thoroughly entrenched into this mode of thinking., that "Sigmar Humans" would be the route GW would be taking in the future. Though, I also like the Idea of Tech Savvy Humans.

10 hours ago, Dukeus said:

Personally i would like to see something with an tales from 1001 night, Dune, desert flair. 

I didn't know I wanted something like that in my life, but now I do :D

32 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Yeah, I admit, I did not think too much about about it. 😄
And yes, the fact that I narrowed it down to Sigmar Worshippers didn't occur to me as being somewhat problematic. My mind was already thoroughly entrenched into this mode of thinking., that "Sigmar Humans" would be the route GW would be taking in the future. Though, I also like the Idea of Tech Savvy Humans.

The flipside to the same coin is i'm just model greedy and want it all. muhahahaha 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find the concept of humans living in isolated, fortified cities quite fitting, as far as I understand the setting. In the long run, I’d like to see Duardin expanded into their own thing (isolated mountain fortresses?), and the Aelves divided among woodtogetheragainwithtreemen/shadowsnakedarkprivateer/luminethhigh.

Granted, nothing new or exciting. Just a little haven for the traditionalists. 😅

• Like 1

I think given the sheer scale of the cities it's not even necessary that they all be in one book.

Newer players will no doubt like mixed forces while older players will like rules that correspond to the former armies that now make up CoS.

I think they can both coexist, in the same way LoN and Nighthaunt coexist, or how some battletomes share some units, like beasts of chaos with tzeentch in terms of sharing tzaangor units, or with god-books and slaves to darkness in terms of marked StD units.

Given that we have mixed options already, I would like to see more options for standalone monoracial armies similar to what Har Kuron has recently provided in terms of recombining daughters with former dark elf units.

• Like 3

I think the big question is how many humans GW wants to make. 

Right now the Free Cities are rather varied, but one theme seems to unify with the humans which is very Baroque/Victorian extravagant steam punk. This is in difference to dwarven which is often shown as a bit more utilitarian on the battlefield. Right now visually in the models we don't have it, we have it in lore with even walking cog-forts and the like being shared across the realms; but we don't have it appearing in model form beyond a few more flamboyant model designs (like the greatswords). 

That would be the unified single appearance I'd expect to see rolled out across all cities - it would be the default just like the aelf and dwarven units are standardised for their sects across the free cities. A Pirate is a pirate and has the same aesthetics no matter what realm they are in. By this means GW can have specific named cities rise and fall or change ownership; the actual armies and units that comprise them remain the same. What might change are allegiance abilities (those change battletome to battletome anyway) and allied options, though even there it might be only limited changes. 

Beyond that I would like to see a more classic "Arthurian/Bretonnia" style army arise for humans. As hinted above perhaps even a force that isn't as devoted to Sigmar; or is but takes a very different attitude toward things than the Free Cities. Perhaps even being racist and aiming to preserve the purity of humanity through a faction that has noble intentions, but only as far as humans are concerned. Otherwise they might ally with, but otherwise don't want to have dwarves and orruks and aelves living in their cities. They want humans ontop of humans as a bastion of humanity. Which isn't abnormal as most of the other factions do have major settlements which are predominantly or only their own race/species. 

I won't deny a big part of wanting to see that is because of the great mounted sculpts GW does and wanting to see a heavy cavalry army and also the classic designs appear once again on the battlefields. 

• Like 2

I'm really happy to see Har Kuron as the first non-Sigmar city with rules, but there are a lot of new oportunities to explore. We already have Lumnos, Steel Spike and Baatar in the Lore (Steel Spike and Lumnos have an army, and Baatar could still create one with their incoming "cash" that they move around) that are not part of Cities of Sigmar and the keyword system could build a new modular mechanic to have new units for diferent allegiances using that system (some brainstorming):

• Cursed Company A mix of Orruks and Humans Skeletons for Death and Order Cities.
  • Orruks "bands" for Order Cities and Destru "Cities-on-wheels"  (or Clans, or Tribes, or whatever...).
  • Flying birdmen of Catrazza Baatar!!!
  • Rootkings (new fyreslayers warscroll!!) for Sylvaneth Enclaves and Cities with allied Sylvaneth (living City?)
  • Tichi Huichi's Skink Raiders for Seraphons and Cities?
  • A mix of Undead Dwarfs and Valaya Dispossessed Dwarfs for Death and Order Cities.

You get the point... 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

51 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I would like to see Generic humans  lessened  for the most part.  I think it is less interesting to strictly focus on Humans as the primary or dominant faction.  Having said that I guess where do Chaos and Azyr get their chumps from then.   

Lessen is fine, but a fantastical setting does not work without grounded, familiar elements. If GW are smart they will keep the normal humans, elves, dwarves, skeletons and orks around to make the weirdo factions really stand out. Also to give us some normal people to care about.

• Like 1

I’d like to see the return of Knightly Orders/Brettonia, but not just straight up historical miniatures in a fantasy setting with the odd pegasus. I want to to see their return in complete High Fantasy, given the Age of Sigmar treatment. I’d like the general army given a genral overhaul in more Barroque/high fantasy human armour, less heraldry on heads and maybe a bit more in line with Knightyly orders of the Empire. 

953C44E6-06B2-422B-A20C-88115FEC05DB.jpeg.c041891ec4f6bd5eb926e8412e549801.jpegC42B9D06-B74E-4B42-8AAD-79351F52EB51.jpeg.3c1d0f554f283ab2dcf3ff15b1f9e857.jpeg

I would really like to see -

Visage of the Lady of the Lake, flying Elven godly avatar of a beautiful maiden, Goddess  sized like Alarielle/ Morathi  draped in water, face included. Imagery of Chalices abound as she floats through the air in a tempest of water (like possessed Galadriel but leaning more towards benevolence)

34D90E89-3276-4FE7-A305-8372E145816F.jpeg.8edfeca5eee00dfe5e4a112945b8475a.jpeg70BD36C3-60CF-4C8D-B473-143323DDFB50.jpeg.406d329c51b1821f6c310c4f9fe61966.jpeg

-Pegasus Knights return as a core (all flying army *boom*)

92BCB4CA-F28C-49BE-8D14-C6F31FAA3C88.jpeg.9c28f3c87975db47390933c252f17974.jpeg

- Hippogryph special Cavalry dualbox build for Character/lord. (Much like the mangler squig)

7239C6BE-C014-4645-8156-A51715C291F3.jpeg.f327d70d6ded9daaaa8dc9b981dd3a93.jpeg7BDCFC72-FB15-4D52-8C55-25989ADD145C.jpeg.38ff698ab8db6c6044e9700a09e76646.jpeg

-Unicorn Cavalry, Damsels sorceresses on Winged Unicorns.

CC36EC62-5659-4648-8BC4-1ED58610579A.jpeg.1a86daf13521c071fe028bad8e9b7851.jpeg

2D5F99C0-1D3C-47B5-8544-4495AEC2551D.jpeg.404e2514a0da388a55aa2db49ced7a49.jpeg

- The Green Knight Gilles le Breton, not disimilar from his previous Incarnation except I’d like to see him on a   winged steed and his design being much more Elemental in design, possibly Charging out of a tree or forming from the tree. 

EC5E36DC-0EA2-4773-8C43-45E419E3AE1F.png.f97ca23680ed96c8f5574ccb88472da2.png

And Lastly Elspeth von Drakken and as grand Sorceress mounted on her Dragon.

EDC84F2C-D346-49D5-A2CC-2C875E3175BA.jpeg.96791d3462c499c3ba05a0ba3cd50752.jpeg8FFB77BA-8735-4C67-979A-7B4CEC530516.jpeg.c90c64f2e2dbe6e761773d23bdc5f745.jpeg

Lore

Gilles, guided by the Whispers and memories of the Lady, founded a safe haven amongst the clouds. Here is built the sanctuary of Bretonn de Ciel and the Fiefdoms of the Knights, an Archipelago of Lands steeped in magic, bountiful and most importantly shrouded by mists and clouds, and unreachable from the ground without flight. Upon thse Kingdoms he brought the Legacy Old Bretonnia and has formed an alliance of understanding with the Goddess Alarielle, Kurnoth however has been untrusting of Gilles and of the race of men, many of the Kunrothi have clashed with the the Sky Knights of the Breton although they have formed uneasy alliances to face off invasions. The Bretonni have a history of hunting  Gargants. It is said the foundations of the Kingdom of Bretonn was taken from a civilisation of Gargants, Children of Behemat which were slain to the last by Gilles. (Gilles le Geant Slayer?)

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3