War Machine Allegiances

MidasKiss

I have been noticing more and more that war machines don't have any of the specific allegiances on the warscroll, only the crew does. I first saw this on the Duardin war machines, because one of the Sylvaneth Battalions lets you bring 0-2 Duardin units. So you could bring the crew but not the war machine unless you want to play a general Order army... I was looking at the Grots warmachines as well and saw that they don't even have the grot keyword, only Destruction.

I'm going to guess they will change this as more Battletomes come out, as people should be able to field warmachines with their specific army without losing allegiance. I'm also secretly hoping they add a few allegiances to some of the warmachines so you can field them more generally, or is it against the fluff to have fireslayers with the duardin canons, or moonclan with the grot spear chukkas and etc?

For now though it's a bit of a pain, I'd love me some Duardin canons in my Sylvaneth...

Sorry if this has been brought up before, I had a quick search through posts and didn't see anything. 

There's a reason for this, which is to stop certain buffs affecting the warmachines themselves, i.e. the shooting attacks. They are normally very careful to avoid buffing of shooting attacks beyond certain limits. 

Starting to think that the old shot cap from Clash/Mo Comp was a good idea. I don't see armies entirely composed of Skeleton Archers, mass Empire ranged troops or blocks of 40 Savage Orruk Archers firing in the hero phase as adding anything of value to the game.

Archived