Looking for a Chaos War Mammoth

BucNassty

Hello Everyone,

I apologize ahead of time if this is not the place to post this, please point me in the right direction if that is the case.

I am new to Age of Sigmar, picked up the hobby right when quarantine started. To get right to the point I am looking for a Chaos War Mammoth. I recently came into some a little bit of disposable income, and this model has been on my mind for the past month. While I will consider proxies like Mierce Miniatures offers, I much prefer the original sculpt. Would definitely like one that is unpainted.

I have scoured the internet for everything but I think my best chance is buying second hand or re-cast. I know re-casts can be a touchy subject, but I believe for a model that has been out of production for so long it is a viable option. Let me know what you have or send me whatever sources you use. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

• Like 1

We don't condone supporting recasting on the forums. Simply put recasting leaches money out of the industry that we enjoy. 

Recasters aren't designing new models or investing into the hobby; they are simply taking what others have put time and effort into and copying it. Even out of production models are still under copyright.

Instead I would heartily encourage you to either scour the market for a secondhand (hard); or put your money into some of the other firms that are producing alternative sculpts. I've never looked for one to know good suggestions, but I'd wager if you ask and look around you might well find several examples which could be used. Some might be vastly superior to the old FW model and offer you a great way to get a model you want whilst knowing that your money is going back into the industry; into the hands of designers and manufacturers who are working to produce more to support the hobby you love. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you for letting me know, I should have checked the forum rules before posting. I think I'll end up running with this proxy below.  Maybe in the future forge-world will bring the mammoth out of retirement and I will be able to get my hands on legitimate one!

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_thl_mbs_815_800

Just now, BucNassty said:

Thank you for letting me know, I should have checked the forum rules before posting. I think I'll end up running with this proxy below.  Maybe in the future forge-world will bring the mammoth out of retirement and I will be able to get my hands on legitimate one!

https://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_fmr_thl_mbs_815_800

The mierce mammoth is a great model.

the mammoth is now legends so there's no chance of fw pulling that out again sadly.

• Like 1

I have to say I'm not typically a fan of Mierce designs, but that is a very impressive mammoth! 

@Kaleb Daark never say never. GW has brought old things back from the dead before. Heck ZOATS have reappared twice now in model form (and also the fantasy Zoat is back in Warhammer Total War in a few weeks!) 

Best you can do is email FW and express your desire to see it reappear one day. 

It's worth pointing out that Forge World do note all of the requests for out of production minuatures.  It's how we ended up with the Rogue Idol coming back and some of the Heresy miniatures.  If you wing them an e-mail saying that you know it's out of production but to chalk yourself down as interested if it comes back, that could help to see it come back for a bit.  I know it's a model that quite a few people would love to see in fairness!

1 hour ago, Grim Beasties said:

Something I always thought was kinda funny is that real world mammoths were slightly smaller than elephants.

Well, according to game if thrones when we finally get the plastic mammoth 🤣

it should be as tall at the shoulder as a mega gargant.  Wait till we get the acastus and cerastus mega gargants :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Now that the Hedonites of Slaanes model is out, I am thinking of making one of my dream armies, inspired by medieval arab and classic Carthidge.

Doing so I would need 2 Chaos War Mammoth but the Mumakil model would be so much better for this project. 

The thing is I know that the Middle Earth miniature has a way different scale than the AOS ones. 

So does anyone if the scales would "clash" If I where to get a Mumakil and put some  Blissbarb Archers and Kairic Acolytes on top?

2 hours ago, Kokaka said:

Now that the Hedonites of Slaanes model is out, I am thinking of making one of my dream armies, inspired by medieval arab and classic Carthidge.

Doing so I would need 2 Chaos War Mammoth but the Mumakil model would be so much better for this project. 

The thing is I know that the Middle Earth miniature has a way different scale than the AOS ones. 

So does anyone if the scales would "clash" If I where to get a Mumakil and put some  Blissbarb Archers and Kairic Acolytes on top?

If you're not playing at Warhammer world or in stores Juat pbuy the Mierce miniatures mammoth linked above. It's way better than any of the GW mammoths and I'd go as far as way better than even the original war mammoth.