Lore what happened to the Sisters of Twilight

Osprey07

basically goes down to what the Lore writers wants to do or if any of them feel the need to bring back old characters

Edit: or they easter egg tease them like Settra and Sigvald, but has nothing really do it with the narrative as a whole unlike how they bring back Eltherion in Lumineath which was more of a straight up resurrection.

Edited by novakai

3 minutes ago, novakai said:

basically goes down to what the Lore writers wants to do or if any of them feel the need to bring back old characters

You don't think it's kit-driven?  I do.  Concept artists sketch, designers create, rules and lore writers, tag on, marketing team says "make it broken so it sells" :P  

3 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

You don't think it's kit-driven?  I do.  Concept artists sketch, designers create, rules and lore writers, tag on, marketing team says "make it broken so it sells" :P  

I have no idea what  you are talking about? 

its more about intention then anything else, like on one hand they resurrected  Eltherion and Balthazhar on the other hand they made new character like Katakros, Olylinder, Skargrott, and Gordrakk that are rather spiritual successors to older characters. at the end it depends largely if they feel the need to do it.

granted elves have had the luxary out of all the old world armies, to have so a decent amount of old character that come back.

On 11/19/2020 at 5:07 PM, novakai said:

Edit: or they easter egg tease them like Settra and Sigvald, but has nothing really do it with the narrative as a whole unlike how they bring back Eltherion in Lumineath which was more of a straight up resurrection.

One down, one to go.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:28 PM, novakai said:

I have no idea what  you are talking about? 

I'll explain it again for you.

On 11/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, novakai said:

No, It doesn't at all go down to what you've said here.  

Lore writers are literally the last people who are coming up with stuff.  

3 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I'll explain it again for you.

No, It doesn't at all go down to what you've said here.  

Lore writers are literally the last people who are coming up with stuff.  

i guess it depends on how you want them to come back,

if it like Balthazar Gelt or Settra it mainly from BL or the writers who do the books and stuff

if it kits it basically what GW plans with the AoS wood elves and do the Kit designers feel the need to bring them back. hell the plan could be that Kurnothi is the future for Wood elves and the character they decided to bring back is Araloth/Orion or they make a new character that not even related to the old world.

1 minute ago, novakai said:

i guess it depends on how you want them to come back,

if it like Balthazar Gelt or Settra it mainly from BL or the writers who do the books and stuff

if it kits it basically what GW plans with the AoS wood elves and do the Kit designers feel the need to bring them back. hell the plan could be that Kurnothi is the future for Wood elves and the character they decided to bring back is Araloth/Orion or they make a new character that not even related to the old world.

But some of those are throw aways.  Josh Reynolds wrote an short audio drama for Dechala to come back and be killed in that story.  no models, no design.  That was a one-off.  

We've had a good hint with Kurnothi.  Well better than a hint.  We have a WArband that shows Wood Elves will be half creature, have some friends (lion or whatever, hopefully beastmasters come back) and there is lore hinted in the core rulebook.  I expect they conceptualized how they wanted the army back, akin to how they did in 2003 for the 2005 release, then they designed kits and such.

One thing GW has done well is build an idea of what they want armies to be like, feed it in slowly and build upon it.  HEdonites of Slaanesh is one army GW planned in advance well.  Rules and lore didn't change drastically from AoS 1.5 to AoS 2.0 for them.

28 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

But some of those are throw aways.  Josh Reynolds wrote an short audio drama for Dechala to come back and be killed in that story.  no models, no design.  That was a one-off.  

We've had a good hint with Kurnothi.  Well better than a hint.  We have a WArband that shows Wood Elves will be half creature, have some friends (lion or whatever, hopefully beastmasters come back) and there is lore hinted in the core rulebook.  I expect they conceptualized how they wanted the army back, akin to how they did in 2003 for the 2005 release, then they designed kits and such.

One thing GW has done well is build an idea of what they want armies to be like, feed it in slowly and build upon it.  HEdonites of Slaanesh is one army GW planned in advance well.  Rules and lore didn't change drastically from AoS 1.5 to AoS 2.0 for them.

i agree that Kurnothi will happen eventually just because of the Beastgrave warband, but resurrecting the sisters of twilight as a part of the Kurnothi release is another thing that base entirely on what the model designer and AoS team want to do. like a Kurnothi  god model could be Orion , hinted to be Orion by the AoS writers, or a completely a different new character like Katakros again based on the writers.

Not saying they don't have a chance, is just i think GW are slightly more selective of who they bring back

Edited by novakai