Tyrnt of blood ruling

Yondaime

Question

Hi guys, i had a discussion with a friend of mine that plays idoneth/slaanesh 

If a Bloodthirster attacks last, can i pile in anyway if another BT attacks and i use the batalion effect since it says that it attacks immediatly?

Also, in idoneth 3rd turn, if i have the artifct that at 4+ the BT attacks first, then can i attack with all the others?

My argument is that the batalion says that all the BT attack IMMEDIATLY BEFORE all the enemy models, so it cancels all the others shenanigans

Edited by Yondaime

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Yondaime said:

Hi guys, i had a discussion with a friend of mine that plays idoneth/slaanesh 

If a Bloodthirster attacks last, can i pile in anyway if another BT attacks and i use the batalion effect since it says that it attacks immediatly?

Also, in idoneth 3rd turn, if i have the artifct that at 4+ the BT attacks first, then can i attack with all the others?

My argument is that the batalion says that all the BT attack IMMEDIATLY BEFORE all the enemy models, so it cancels all the others shenanigans

The Tyrants of Blood Battalion should override the Attack Last, because of the Immediately. There was a question like that in the core rule FAQ:

Q: If two abilities apply to a unit at the same time but are contradictory, how do you determine which ability is used?

A: If two abilities that apply to a unit are contradictory and cannot both be used, the ability that was applied second takes precedence. For example, the ‘Locus of Diversion’ battle trait forces a unit to fight at the end of the combat phase and is used at the end of the charge phase, while the Ironjawz ‘Smashing and Bashing’ battle trait allows a unit to fight immediately and is used in the combat phase. If both of these abilities applied to an Ironjawz unit at the same time, since the ‘Smashing and Bashing’ battle trait would be applied second, the Ironjawz unit would fight immediately instead of at the end of the combat phase. Note that this only occurs when it is impossible to use both abilities. For example, if one ability gave a unit a hit modifier of +1 and another ability gave the same unit a hit modifier of -1, both would be applied (and effectively cancel each other out).

In case of the artefact. It depends which players turn it is. It it is the the idoneths 3rd turn, they attack all before your model with "Khartoth the Bloodhunger" can attack. If it is your turn you can attack with that model and than trigger be Battalion to attack with other bloodthirsters.

Q: If several abilities are triggered at the same time (at the start of a hero phase, for example), how do you determine the order in which they are used?

A: If several abilities can be used at the same time, the player whose turn is taking place uses their abilities first, one after the other, in any order they desire; then the player whose turn is not taking place uses their abilities, one after another, in any order they desire. The same principle applies to any other things – such as command traits or artefacts of power – that can be used simultaneously. Note that abilities used at the start or the end of a phase still count as being used in the phase in question.For example, the Flesh-eater Courts Savage Strike command trait allows a general to fight at the start of the combat phase, while the Stormcast Eternals Sequitor Aetheric Channelling ability is used at the start of the combat phase too. In the Flesh-eater Courts turn, the Savage Strike command trait would take effect before the Sequitor Aetheric Channelling ability. In the Stormcast Eternals turn, the Sequitor Aetheric Channelling ability would take effect before the Savage Strike command trait.

• Thanks 1

Is a bit sketchy that your opponent didn't mention how High Tide was FAQ'd to use different wording: "In this battle round, units with the Tides of Death battle trait fight at the start of the combat phase." At any rate it depends on the turn; if both players have units that fight at the start of the combat phase then the player whose turn it is will fight with ALL their eligible units, followed by the other player. So during the Idoneth turn 3 they will all fight first, even if you have units that also fight at the start of the combat phase. During your turn 3 all units you have that fight at the start of the combat phase will go before any of his.

Sequence of a combat phase is as such:

-Player A, whose turn it is, fights with ALL units that fight at the start of the combat phase.

-Player B fights will all of their units that fight at the start of the combat phase.

-Player A picks one unit to fight, then Player B, alternating until all units fighting at normal speed have resolved.

-Player A fights will all their units that fight at the end of the combat phase.

-Player B fights will all their units that fight at the end of the combat phase.