Female Stormcast models

PlasticCraic

My daughter (aged 7) has expressed an interest in AOS, and she likes Stormcast, but I don't know that much about the range.

I'd love to show her some female representation on the tabletop, so my question is, please can you point me towards which kits have female models?

Neave Blacktalon is one that I'm aware of, and one of the original Shadespire warbands was a woman too (I have that model because I played a fair bit of Shadespire).

Are there any others, particularly as options within regular troops kits?

Thanks for your help!

PS I know that anyone with a helmet "could" be a woman, and I'm sure that a lot of my daughter's will be, but it would be nice to have some explicitly female representation too.

• Like 3

There's a named hero called astria solbright which is an easy to build kit

99120218035_AstreiaSolbrightHiRes01.jpg
Quite a few of the limited edition models are female though they'll be hard to get your hands on: larissa shadowstalker, lena stormspire.
va5z74u36me31.jpg

Matt Holland Sculptor - Home | Facebook
The newer storm cast models seem to include more female representation overall

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Overread said:

Forgeworld makes some alternate stormcast resin heads - of which one set is alternate female heads

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Stormcast-Eternals-Heads-Upgrade-2-2019

Considering that real armour tends to totally obliterate most gender identifiable traits this means any stormcast could be female with the right head attached.

Real armour does not hide human form entirely if it is fitted right (but SC armour isn't fitted right anyway), because it needs to be as slim as possible in the waist, and there are female Stormcast that look different (their armour, though boobplated, looks more sensible than strapping on a metal barrel).

FW has female heads, but at over a euro per head, I'd find others. If you can live with somewhat smaller heads, the Frostgrave Wizards 2 set has 40 heads, 8 bodies, a cat, rat and owl and a ton of arms for less than that price. I have fitted a Frostgrave head to my female Cursebreaker and it doesn't seem worse proportioned than the others.

Edited by zilberfrid

Heroes are

neave blacktalon (helmet or no helmet) 

Astreia Solbright (really cool kit) 

Knight incantor (both Soukstrike and mortal realms figs are female, no helmet) 

Units:

Sequitors (helmetless options, unit leader is female in standard box) 

Etb sequitors (female leader, helmet less option) 

Sequitors from soulstrike (only 1 female fig, monopose, helmet only) 

Castigators (1 female fig, helmet) 

Soukstrike castigators (female leader, monopose, helmet only) 

Evocators (2 of 5 female, leader can be female, one of the coolest female  figs in the game, helmetless options) 

Evocators on dracoline (female leader option, 1 of 3 female, helmetless option) 

Ballista (no helmet on female fig) 

Think that's all the options, good luck

Edited by Mattrulesok
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Also if you want some female heads you can take a  look at adepta sororitas, if you have a friend who plays this army he's probably have tons of naked heads with badass features and variety of haircuts and expressions (bald head, square cut, hooded head...etc).

That's what i did to create some home made custom heroes and it's something i recommand.
Also you can probably find some of those on Ebay at a pretty low price, look at plastic kit such as seraphim for example, they have great heads and there's not a lot of futuristic elements on them.

Edited by jeanfluflu
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:34 AM, jeanfluflu said:

Also if you want some female heads you can take a  look at adepta sororitas, if you have a friend who plays this army he's probably have tons of naked heads with badass features and variety of haircuts and expressions (bald head, square cut, hooded head...etc).

That's what i did to create some home made custom heroes and it's something i recommand.
Also you can probably find some of those on Ebay at a pretty low price, look at plastic kit such as seraphim for example, they have great heads and there's not a lot of futuristic elements on them.

They scale okay, they're small but not too much so.

2 minutes ago, PainfullyMediocre said:

They scale okay, they're small but not too much so.

yeah it creates a silhouette kinda clunky but it is more or less invisible if you pick a hooded head for example.
Also haircuts are you're best firneds i guess, a little bit of sculpting work over a bald head can help to create a very nice braids or half shaved cut

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By the way, if you are looking at a game to play all these female models with, I'd suggest playing Warcry. 

Especially after the new Tome drops, Sancrosanct (where most of the sequitor / evoker / incantor / castigator models are usable) got a decent buff in usability.