Sylvaneth in Living City

Slave2Chaos

Living City and Tempest eye are my preferred cities. As I slowly expand on my leftover end times elves  (mainly dark, a few wood and high elf units) I was curious what Sylvaneth units you would want to have available in your collection when list building for the Living City?

I really want to avoid collecting an entire army of Sylvaneth but a few units would really appeal to me and offer a very different hobby/paint experience.

Drycha seems popular. 6 Kurnoth? 

This is gonna be pretty useless since I think a lot of Sylvaneth are usable. 

Dryads aren't really necessary but they can fill in battleline if need be if you want something like a dreadlord on black dragon as your general.

Kurnoth hunters are of course amazing and benefit from our free healing.

Tree revenants are an interesting unit with their ability to teleport around the board to threaten objectives for 80 points.

Drycha can function all by herself and I personally think shes more consistent than Durthu.

Treelords are meh without... trees and unless you bring an ancient you wont have any forests.

I personally have a little of everything because I own Alarielle.

@The Red King. I'm really not keen on getting a bunch of Dryads. Alarielle is a beautiful model that I wouldn't mind getting but I feel like if I do it will be a slippery slope form there. In order to  get the most of her I'll end up getting a whole Sylvaneth army, and that's not something I need nor want lol.

Currently I'm thinking 6 Kurnoth will be the best investment. Scythes probably. Possibly Drycha ... maybe an Arch-Revenant to buff the kurnoth?  I think I want to skip all the treelord variants, seems like they operate vastly better under Sylvaneth allegiance (or need trees) and don't offer Cities much comparatively. Revenants sound interesting but not sure if I really need them when I have shadow warriors competing for a similar deepstrike objective grabber / skirmish annoyer. 

I would say the hunters with bows would be good in loving city as they can fire and move with the command ability.

their envoys ability also helps when you use command abilities off a branch wraith or whatever that’s on the other side of the board. 
sisters of the thorn and the watch both have decent shooting and fit in thematically with the lore as do crossbow men and spear men from the old empire collection.  Irondrakes are a unit I have looked at with them before as they have decent shooting with a good range.

I had a sylvaneth army that I mostly sold so it's different for me but basically having Alarielle and just the one or two things you might want to summon is entirely fine.

6 kurnoth are good and if you bring a 6man squad you want scythes for the reach. An arch rev is always an option yes. Might consider the wardroth horn at that point.

The big difference with revenants besides the 30 point discount is that you give up shooting and gain the ability to teleport EVERY turn instead of just once. Also worth noting that this means they are great for starting on the board to allow more units into the hidden paths.

@Gorthor21 I feel like cities have better shooting options than kurnoth with bows. Although coupled with a Arch Rev they could be a interesting hidden path back field distraction. I am still of the mind that scythes would be the better option. While I realize magnetizing is the safest answer, the additional modeling difficulty plus not losing track of the pieces make this a less than ideal option.

@The Red King I do like that Revenants count towards table drops for  hidden path while still being extremely mobile after the fact for objective grabbing shenanigan's. Although I do love me some shadow warriors. guess it would depend on the rest of the list composition to determine if the requirements have been met for 1 in 4 Sylvanth and 1 table = 1 hidden path. When Shadow Warriors use their warscroll deepstrike ability they don't count as a table drop for hidden path. Seems like it would be worth having a unit of 5 as an option to play around with. Do you find yourself wanting more than 1 unit of 5? or even larger units? they really don't see that flighty ... 

They're really not fighty though they can threaten wizards and maybe some other "quick objective takers" like aetherwings or the like.

I do love shadow warriors too don't get me wrong but my list is already hidden pathing a nomad prince, 50 sisters of the watch, a dreadlord on dragon and a knight Azyros. So I need all the on the table drops I can get. When I use Alarielle (who cant use hidden paths due to base size) I being shadow warriors.

I also have considered aetherwings because you get more wounds per point than either of those options and though they aren't quite as mobile they're still plenty mobile (and for what it's worth fit really nicely into the theme of wood elves because the Vangaurd sigmarines really should've just been the wood elves release)

Bow hunters can be good, Alarielle can move and shoot from even your deployment zone really well (granted you trade off the spell but since you can't stack the bonuses on her spell from Throne it's all good), Drycha, Durthu, are good.  I've heard a TLA is handy but I think more to support a Durthu or KHs.  

In LC he boosts some healing so multi-wound models do good.  

I've seen 2 x 6 KHs (one scythes, one swords) but I feel that's better in Sylvaneth but what do I know (pro tip: nothing). 

Tree Revs are outright so useful and handy they coudl be in nearly any Order army.  Even 5 for late game clean up or objectives can help.