Broken Realms: Morathi - SPOILER Discussion + Lore Summary

20 minutes ago, michu said:

Didn't GW already confirm its Slaanesh themself reborn?

That's the weird thing, the book doesn't give an indication that it is slaanesh. It looks like a separate or new entity. At least that's what I read it as. Hence some people were confused when GW released the community article. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I don't think it's Sigvald, but either a new generic Hero or even Unit who're an evolution/inspiration for their aesthetic. 

Thing is the Lord of pain is our melee foot lord. His description clearly states that such lords spawn from slaanesh's more martial followers according to shadow and pain.

• Like 1

One thing the book has gotten me pondering about is what exactly Varanite is. Clearly the idea that it is the blood of Khaine is just Morathi's propaganda. However, the exact way it fits into the pattern of the other Realmstones seems a little ill defined. Warpstone is already a mutative element, formed of congealed Dhar (Dark Magic), and containing the power of the realm of chaos. Varanite seems to just be warpstone plus, but it's also said to be corrupted by blood magic, rather than in its natural state perhaps?

In theory, one could suppose that the realmstone of the allpoints should be the mineral form of Qhaysh, or High Magic. That would fit with the other nine realmstones, eight of which embody one of the winds, and the ninth being of the Realm of Chaos. However the description of its powers and properties seems to very much contradict that hypothesis. Surely the chaos control of the allpoints could have had that much of an effect on a font of high magic?

Plenty to speculate upon anyway!

• Like 2

On 11/19/2020 at 9:39 AM, Lord of the Isle said:

Dwarfs are certainly much more energetic and creative about insulting elves than vice versa.

Elves don’t really care about or acknowledge dwarfs and would rather attend to the serious business of scheming against and killing each other

and they've not even managed to succeed at that have they... in fact they keep doing the opposite and just manage to spawn more of them...

Oh look... another elf faction don'tcha know... ooohh lahh de dahh..

See.. Elfs for you...

Nothing but Trouble.

Of course we're energetic and creative, we're very sociable people dontcha know.

Edited by Kaleb Daark

On 11/19/2020 at 12:17 PM, Double Misfire said:

I don't think Aenarion's coming to the AoS proper, if only because the guy's a Chuck Norris meme (appropriate given his age) of efficiency, and would throw a spanner in the all important business of selling plastic toys by going round perma murdering characters with kits (look at what he did to Morathi while he was a disembodied spirit yes, the other Phoenix Kings are ineffectual sissies and it was good to see them go, especially Caledor II *spit*, but dayum son), and he'd simply get too much stuff done.

'Morathi says she wants spousal support payments for both her bodies; off to the Realm of Shadow on whatever you guys call a dragon in this weird setting to decapitate her twice'

'You didn't mention you guys had an Everchosen problem, stopped off and one shotted him with a spear on the way home'

'I don't know what orruks were, but I really enjoyed fighting them. Starting to regret doing a full genocide'

I think the coolest way to do something with Aenarion's ghost would be if Tyrion, who post resurrection and cleansing of the Curse of Khaine is kind of a boring, flavorless dweeb who could do with some inner conflict, became possessed by it, spent most of his time trying to suppress murder grandpa with some serious Lumineth meditative techniques, only to take a back seat and let Aenarion go full Isle of the Dead when his back's really up against it.

he'd have to face KattyCross the undefeated at some point though and have to fight him with his gaze averted lest he see his mighty codpiece... then again he could cover it with Teclis'  ego containment shroud, or hat as the mortals call it. 🤫

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

Its Malus Darkblade returning to Age of Sigmar as a Demon Aevlf Thing

Each Aelven army has had an avatar or a former hero in their ranks: Durthu, Eidolon, the Avatar of Khaine, and Eltharion. I think that Malus is an obvious choice for Malerion's forces and would be an amazing character to see reimagined in AOS. 

Although on a much more important note. It appears that once again there is infighting between Elves and Dwarves which seems so negative and unhelpful. Just put on some spikes and bow before the true gods and you might even be blessed with some lovely mutations or if you are truly fortunate a pair of beautiful demonic wings. All are equal in the many eyes of the lords of Chaos ☮️

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Congratulations on calling it.

Thanks! Not counting my prophecized chickens before they hatch, but the countdown preview certainly seems to be pointing in that direction.

At the very least it would make sense that any subsequent scions of Slaanesh might heavily resemble their previous non-daemonic progeny.

Edited by CeleFAZE

11 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Each Aelven army has had an avatar or a former hero in their ranks: Durthu, Eidolon, the Avatar of Khaine, and Eltharion. I think that Malus is an obvious choice for Malerion's forces and would be an amazing character to see reimagined in AOS. 

Although on a much more important note. It appears that once again there is infighting between Elves and Dwarves which seems so negative and unhelpful. Just put on some spikes and bow before the true gods and you might even be blessed with some lovely mutations or if you are truly fortunate a pair of beautiful demonic wings. All are equal in the many eyes of the lords of Chaos ☮️

the only good bow is a crossbow unless its a great bow, and the if we're going that far we might was well go all the way and make a fireglaive.

The legion... thoroughly nice chaps good fun weapons and the ammo can talk back and tell you how much it hates you, and they do a good barbecue.

The elves... bow twanging trouble.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

the only good bow is a crossbow unless its a great bow, and the if we're going that far we might was well go all the way and make a fireglaive.

The legion... thoroughly nice chaps good fun weapons and the ammo can talk back and tell you how much it hates you, and they do a good barbecue.

The elves... bow twanging trouble.

I meant bow in the sense of its other definition: to bend the head, body, or knee in reverence, submission, or shame. The only missile weapons I can typically get behind are demon forged canons or magical flame... Maybe Slaanesh will add some nice elegant bows changing my mind, but until then I am a firm believer in close spike filled combat.

22 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I meant bow in the sense of its other definition: to bend the head, body, or knee in reverence, submission, or shame. The only missile weapons I can typically get behind are demon forged canons or magical flame... Maybe Slaanesh will add some nice elegant bows changing my mind, but until then I am a firm believer in close spike filled combat.

I know... it was just a bit of word play...

..but thank you...

• Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 1:07 PM, Neverchosen said:

Well, I do appreciate the valiant effort of one of the Chaos gods at least trying to compete in the helm and hair categories. A+ for the effort, although ultimately they fall short. And spikes are sooo Age-of-Chaos. Tassels is where it’s at, and again, at least one of the Chaos gods gets it. Eating all the aelf souls must have thought them a proper sense of style. And they say aelves are self-centered, pfft. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Well, I do appreciate the valiant effort of one of the Chaos gods at least trying to compete in the helm and hair categories. A+ for the effort, although ultimately they fall short. And spikes are sooo Age-of-Chaos. Tassels is where it’s at, and again, at least one of the Chaos gods gets it. Eating all the aelf souls must have thought them a proper sense of style. And they say aelves are self-centered, pfft. 

I think you have the tassles connection all wrong, I assume the Aelves learned the fun of tassles while having their souls slowly digested. As Slaanesh would clearly be the God of Tassels, Whips and Leather. 😉

But either way, the Chaos gods are welcoming and always looking for fashion tips. So maybe if your precious Lumineth return to Slaanesh together you can teach the rest of us how to add cows to our already horned helmets (although our Beastmen allies might take offense to the blatant appropriation of their image).

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

As m’colleague @Neverchosen notes above, its the elves that seem to be flicking through the fashion parchments and think... ooh thats a good look and then come to the party with their yea-nah attempt at it.

not very original at all and showing a lack of imagination if you ask me.

bulls heads - chaos

big hammers - chaos harry

Half naked bloodthirsty loons - chaos, albeit with more body odour

mastery of magicks - nothing without chaos

big hats - chaos

beasts with humanoid faces - chaos , none of this put a party mask on a cat rubbish.

tearing worlds apart - elves wanting to be chaos

big troosers - elves getting it wrong and wanting a bit if silly free people vibe.

self absorbed narcissism and sulk when it backfires in their faces - elves trying to out do slaanesh with the first part and turning the last part up to 11.. therefore chaos.

Morathi, teclis etc exalted -  “ but mummy... why can’t i turn into a daemon prince?” *sulky elf pout*
”... because you’re not chaos darling”

so in a nutshell... elves is upset and sulky and be like “how come we ain’t chaos?” **

see... elves... nothing but trouble.

**how I miss in realm of Chaos Lost and the damned, how you could randomly generate the race for your chaos lord- who could be an elf who’d got over himself.

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

As m’colleague @Neverchosen notes above, its the elves that seem to be flicking through the fashion parchments and think... ooh thats a good look and then come to the party with their yea-nah attempt at it.

not very original at all and showing a lack of imagination if you ask me.

bulls heads - chaos

big hammers - chaos harry

Half naked bloodthirsty loons - chaos, albeit with more body odour

mastery of magicks - nothing without chaos

big hats - chaos

beasts with humanoid faces - chaos , none of this put a party mask on a cat rubbish.

tearing worlds apart - elves wanting to be chaos

big troosers - elves getting it wrong and wanting a bit if silly free people vibe.

self absorbed narcissism and sulk when it backfires in their faces - elves trying to out do slaanesh with the first part and turning the last part up to 11.. therefore chaos.

Morathi, teclis etc exalted -  “ but mummy... why can’t i turn into a daemon prince?” *sulky elf pout*
”... because you’re not chaos darling”

so in a nutshell... elves is upset and sulky and be like “how come we ain’t chaos?” **

see... elves... nothing but trouble.

**how I miss in realm of Chaos Lost and the damned, how you could randomly generate the race for your chaos lord- who could be an elf who’d got over himself.

"Half naked bloodthirsty loons - chaos, albeit with more body odour"

01-01.jpg.bc5e19b613f8935dac807cdf55287a5f.jpg

I didn't know that even other Duardin could notice the smell. I agree, it's horrible. 

And concerning the rest, for all your bluster, it's Duardin that have fallen to Chaos, and prostitute themselves to Chaos for money, aelves haven't and don't. We also don't call them "colleagues" and would even protect such misguided creatures like yourself from Chaos. Someone is mightily trying to project their own failures onto others. 

Neither is it surprising the finer intricacies of a refined culture like that of the aelves are far beyond your understanding, so everything looks the same to you. As you can't make a moral distinction between good and bad, it's no wonder that you are incapable of doing an aesthetic one either. 

• Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

"Half naked bloodthirsty loons - chaos, albeit with more body odour"

01-01.jpg.bc5e19b613f8935dac807cdf55287a5f.jpg

I didn't know that even other Duardin could notice the smell. I agree, it's horrible. 

And concerning the rest, for all your bluster, it's Duardin that have fallen to Chaos, and prostitute themselves to Chaos for money, aelves haven't and don't. We also don't call them "colleagues" and would even protect such misguided creatures like yourself from Chaos. Someone is mightily trying to project their own failures onto others. 

Neither is it surprising the finer intricacies of a refined culture like that of the aelves are far beyond your understanding, so everything looks the same to you. As you can't make a moral distinction between good and bad, it's no wonder that you are incapable of doing an aesthetic one either. 

Hold on a minute, saying chaos smells is one thing, but besmirching the fairer race is quite another.  How can Duardin smell indeed, and especially from the height your nostrils sit at.

Its all about fashion with you lot - big skirts, big trousers, big hats  and you even use your knitting needles as weapons they're so large.  The bottom line is that you pointy ears are chaos tainted the lot of you.

You couldn't even take a chaos god on in a fight, you had to get the child of the bunch and wait till he fell asleep after the biggest turkey dinner in history to tie him up and them you used his lunch to recreate yourselves., and your wet elves can't even see where they're going.

Now on an aside quite why they haven't got a massive giant war squid with armoured and spiked tentacles is beyond me but hey, you probably couldn't knit it a nice jumper or something.

See.. Elves, nothing Without Chaos

and Nothing but trouble.

Anyway.. talking of fashion, when do we think we're going to see Sigvald appearing in the lore?

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think already in the next book is likely. It doesn't look like Sigmar is the Newborn, but maybe the leader who organizes his followers. Of course the next book could be something totally different. Then, whenever they shift the focus back to Slaanesh and the Newborn. I think though this will be pretty soon. 

I'd be interested in what people who are mainly playing a Duardin faction think how they (for example KO) could become involved in the Broken Realms story line, and what they'd like to get most. 

21 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

I think already in the next book is likely. It doesn't look like Sigmar is the Newborn, but maybe the leader who organizes his followers. Of course the next book could be something totally different. Then, whenever they shift the focus back to Slaanesh and the Newborn. I think though this will be pretty soon. 

I'd be interested in what people who are mainly playing a Duardin faction think how they (for example KO) could become involved in the Broken Realms story line, and what they'd like to get most. 

Sigmar as newborn? Plot twist

it hard to see any dwarf army getting the title card in BR at the moment without any major develop  characters in either army. 

I think since they have traditionally been in conflict against Orc, goblins, and Skaven in the past, the BR books with those army will have the dwarf armies in them

Ironjawz attacking a free city, Fyreslayer mercenaries are hire to fight them

Gloomspite or Skaven causing trouble and attack a KO sky port 

• Haha 2

Once again I am here to resolve these petty squabbles in the most peaceful and loving manner. I think we can all agree that we all smell the same when tossed into the Mawpot? 🍲 
Remember Khorne cares not from where the stew flows only that the Ogors make enough for everyone!

Now to return to the topic at hand, does anyone think that Gordrakk's siege will resolve in a Broken Realms book or in the next edition? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Now to return to the topic at hand, does anyone think that Gordrakk's siege will resolve in a Broken Realms book or in the next edition? 

When their is a Theme that Cities of Order are threatend of being destroyed or overtaken  (like with Anvilguard) it is possible.

• Thanks 1