Broken Realms: Morathi - SPOILER Discussion + Lore Summary

5 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Right at the very beginning of AoS the part that goes missing in every stormcast as the price of reforging is the bit that has Sigmar stumped and scratching his head. Do you think that Malerion is behind this?

We can't discard it, but what would Malerion win from that?

2 minutes ago, Jator said:

We can't discard it, but what would Malerion win from that?

I always got the feeling that Sigmar and the smiths are all "well  it shouldn't be happening, and I don't know why it does.."

Every reforging the Stormcast lose another piece of themselves, till they have no memory of who they were.

iirc Sigmar imbues them with a piece of his essence, hence the lightning eyes etc, so he's basically pushing filler into the cavity left behind.

I'm wondering if it's a sly way of collecting soul stuff perhaps - or even perhaps its what the anvil or the smith's hammers is doing without them realising, which means it could be grugni doing the tax collecting?

Souls or parts thereof seem to be the currency when you reach godhood if the current shenaningans are anything to go by, so if you can lift even a portion of it without effort from under someone's nose (or a chained up one stop soul cafe) then it's technically free money - just ask Morathi and the other pointy eared goons.

• Like 1

I like your theory about someone stealing Sigmar's essence, but Stormcast lose their memories at the reforging. which means Malerion should have done something to the Anvil, not the Gladiatorium.

We are on the same page on expecting something more imnteresting from Malekith's gift than just "spying", though. I really want this guy to take a step forward in the narrative.

• Like 2