The Painting Contract - November 2020

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for November 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Gorechosen, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal / Classic, or HeroQuest / Advanced HeroQuest.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe &  @TheOtherJosh & special thanks to @Kramer

• Like 1

I pledge to paint this month Skraggrot, a Loonboss on giant squig and the sneaky snufflers. I have to paint also a Lord Kroak (as a birthday present for a friend).

Stretch goals:

- The damned scuttletide

- Dreadfleet stuff

- 6 Executioners

• Like 1

Again my pledge is all for board gaming but I pledge to build a small assortment of Chaos Forces for Chaos Undivided plus Khorne and then to get the Undivided guys painted. In total building about ~11 Chaos Warriors, 7 Forsaken, 2 kitbashed Chosen, 3 Furies, Garrek’s Reavers, Magore’s Fiends, 2 bloodletters, and a few Frostgrave Cultists if I can’t find any better options. 
     Stretch goals would be to get the Khorne guys painted up and then deciding on some Tzeetnch guys to build. But they may get pushed back if my new computer comes in so I can get some 3D prints completed. And everything else can be pushed back in order to finish my Tzeentchian Prince if I can find the bits I need and paint him. 

• Like 1

Here is my progress so far on my slaanesh stuff.

first off is a 90s fiend who is done except for the pink edging on his base.

Next up is the Prince of Steeds, daemon prince ruler of slaanesh’s stables and a variant of realm of chaos steed model who is done other than the edging on the base

Then the Prince of Perverse Penetration (and alliteration) who is also done other than the base edging. He is a fiend factory 1970s model and one of GW’s very first releases.

Then is the Prince of Lies, the Serpentine Lord who is WIP. He is an old mount for the 6th edition slaanesh lord.

Next up is the first of 3 WIP seeker chariots. The rider is a Juan Diaz daemonette, the chariot is a late 80s goblin king’s chariot. It will eventually be pulled by a realm of chaos era hound.

Next is a finished model that I include just for reference even though I worked on it awhile ago. It is also a daemon princess. The Princess of Entanglement is a pre-Realm of Chaos chaos daemon from around 1985.

The last 2 pics are my WIP keepers. The first guy is done except for the base and the next one I just started.

I am trying to have this army done before I move to the UK in January so I can take it with me and not have to rebuy paints over there.

68A18E8B-480F-4251-916D-65117FA520A8.jpeg

69E5D815-270E-4F84-8F98-5AEAEC29EF1C.jpeg

897D7C7A-BE0F-4CD3-8C79-05985B2AE984.jpeg

BF09911B-3780-4333-8524-76C5C48EECE1.jpeg

A1338A91-FA1D-4A18-9FBC-9120B65BE754.jpeg

0A36CBE2-9825-4D38-A6DD-4F45910E1FFE.jpeg

967EEAC6-CBAE-4538-85A1-8E6A470EA0D8.jpeg

98798E47-4CB2-4533-A72E-A56DF4311C25.jpeg

3BB32019-5B89-4BC3-8CFB-109C4DE26368.jpeg

91030B4F-8DC7-4FEE-9B65-11DC85EA619D.jpeg

B53B2FD4-5406-4401-BC56-38FFB81D8E3B.jpeg

88A98F7C-3D9A-4808-983B-CB8946490C8C.jpeg

71C5DE9A-DA6F-4070-808B-CFDF09672B7C.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes! I’m back in this 💪

after five months of the ‘tale of X warlords’ and only painting stormcast. I’m one  model away from finishing a 2K army. 

so I’m looking forward to the next painting projects. next up a deepkin Warcry warband. Or as my girlfriend calls it ‘my army or else I don’t play, you know the one with the fishes.’ 

so this month I pledge:

4 reavers, 4 thralls, 2 eels and a soulrender. 
4 reavers already built. 5 paints bought. She’ll give me the start collecting on Sunday. Can’t wait. 
32A56AE8-7687-49EA-80D4-D41F90D0075B.jpeg.e8e7085f7f24ebdf6c06b8941ddf3616.jpeg

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Although I can't condone all this flirting with the lesser products of Teclis : ), looks awesome @ThalmorRepresentative! Just the right time to start surfing with your Idoneth a bit. Great that these great models finally seem to have also good rules. 

@LuminethMage Thanks!! I'm stoked with how he's coming out so far! 

I actually should probably tell you that I think I'll be parting with Lumineth. As much as I liked painting and learning new techniques with them, I think I've discovered that radically different playstyles for a second army isn't for everyone. I'm not certain if the defensive playstyle the lumineth have is for me at this point, as someone who's always played Idoneth. 

I think I realized that I kind of just like variations of hard-hitting, fast, glass-cannon armies lol  like Idoneth, Slaanesh, and DoK lol.

7 hours ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

@LuminethMage Thanks!! I'm stoked with how he's coming out so far! 

I actually should probably tell you that I think I'll be parting with Lumineth. As much as I liked painting and learning new techniques with them, I think I've discovered that radically different playstyles for a second army isn't for everyone. I'm not certain if the defensive playstyle the lumineth have is for me at this point, as someone who's always played Idoneth. 

I think I realized that I kind of just like variations of hard-hitting, fast, glass-cannon armies lol  like Idoneth, Slaanesh, and DoK lol.

That’s fine of course, playstyle is super important! You might want to wait out on what’s in for the Lumineth in Broken Realms, not that you afterwards regret it. Could be they get right what you like. Shouldn’t be that long of a wait.