The Painting Contract - November 2020

TheOtherJosh

So I have completed the first part of my pledge, with everything built that I currently own. If I take every model, comes in at a shade under 1500 points, which is pretty reasonable (could push it out a bit more with a few different selections, but I am happy with it). No skinks in this photo as there are only 10 of those for a warcry warband.

Started the first undercoats of black today. Will try to get all of the models to this point by the end of the month...

20201119_204101.jpg.660e7508b09172b84d0137e55c9fb0fa.jpg

20201119_204117.jpg.6692b7f3f8c7e256d754024ef501d87b.jpg

20201119_204122.jpg.5998bb06e0792acfd297aad766a301c5.jpg20201119_204127.jpg.453608137018d7afac0efa9115a09575.jpg

Edited by kaaras
  • Like 4

Well, I´ve completely failed my pledge, as I didn´t finished painting anything at all (been distracted with loads of stuff lol).

So, I have over the table some  executioners for my anvilgard army, sneaky snufflers, loonboss and skragrot and also a Lord Kroak diorama  as a present for a friend´s birthday (everything hald painted). As it were not enough, I´ve bought a pair of random boxes of Warhammers Heroes and that tempted me to paint some other plague marines that I had in my shelves (that of course didn´t have time to finish).

All in all, a succesful month 😅

photo5906879844178834386.jpg

photo5906879844178834385.jpg

photo5906879844178834388.jpg

photo5906879844178834384.jpg

Edited by Jymmy
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Jymmy said:

Well, I´ve completely failed my pledge, as I didn´t finished painting anything at all (been distracted with loads of stuff lol).

So, I have over the table some  executioners for my anvilgard army, sneaky snufflers, loonboss and skragrot and also a Lord Kroak diorama  as a present for a friend´s birthday (everything hald painted). As it were not enough, I´ve bought a pair of random boxes of Warhammers Heroes and that tempted me to paint some other plague marines that I had in my shelves (that of course didn´t have time to finish).

All in all, a succesful month 😅

photo5906879844178834386.jpg

Love those execution models. They are so much fun to paint. Still have 10 somewhere in a box. and Hag Karun has moved them a bit forward 😁

50 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Love those execution models. They are so much fun to paint. Still have 10 somewhere in a box. and Hag Karun has moved them a bit forward 😁

They feel very dinamic, taking into account that they were thought to be rank and file. The only problem with them is that I shot myself in the foot, wanting to use the shattered realms bases, as it is a nightmare to adapt the miniatures to it (they are metal minis made to be used on bases with slots)

Edited by Jymmy

9 hours ago, Jymmy said:

They feel very dinamic, taking into account that they were thought to be rank and file. The only problem with them is that I shot myself in the foot, wanting to use the shattered realms bases, as it is a nightmare to adapt the miniatures to it (they are metal minis made to be used on bases with slots)

Haha yeah they are not ideal. I haven’t  tried pinning on metal models in a long time. (Albion giants being the last) 

but is that an option? Cut of the slotting piece. File the underside flat. Small pin trough it. 

and that champion model 😍

Edited by Kramer

I completely missed on my pledge this month. My pace started out well enough but then the new computer arrived and everything else... kinda fell to the wayside. I didn’t even remember what I had pledged and needed  to look at my previous post, but I did get everything built I just didn’t finish painting before I got sidetracked with 3D printing.

Here is a progress  pic of the Undivided guys made up of Be’lakor, four Warriors, two forsaken, and two kitbashed chosen. Be’lakor is the only one I actually finished but I thought I only had the bones/skulls/horns left on the rest. Looking at them now I realize I have a lot more to do. Also managed to do some kitbashing to create one marked warrior and forsaken for each of the gods plus a Khorne Marked chosen.

I will make an attempt at a better photo when I finish painting them but for now I guess this one will end up being my January or February pledge instead... Hope I’m back at it and finish them by then anyways lol

442D640F-A173-4E8B-8378-88D4641E0B7D.jpeg

C1844FA1-D93C-46FA-8A33-EF1BC59C16BC.jpeg

Edited by Lior'Lec
Grammar
  • Like 3