Sinarai's Paint & Kitbash Blog with a side of Homebrew

Sinarai

Building of support beams have begun :)

I have been meaning to do this for a long time, but just haven't. Given the weight of these platforms they would most certainly need extra supprt beams. I am also planning on adding icons and other bits to these beams to give some extra flair/pop.

I think a Thunder Lizard, if ever actually harnessed in lore, would be one of the most heavily decorated monsters in a Seraphon cohort, the Dread being on par or the closest. I want to represent that, but also not going to far with it. Many icons would no doubt dot the armor and structures built upon it.

Also wanted to show the now three Skystreak bows instead of the original 2 that were planned. Now Tlanextic will have 2 facing forward and 1 in the back! Very exciting for sure

I also love how small the Skink Priest is lol just imagining her marching into battle would be awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time.

More updates coming on her and other projects :)

IMG_20210218_145307_011.jpg

IMG_20210218_145307_029.jpg

• Like 1

Well, my original idea for Celennar and Teclis is a no go. I was originally planning to use a Troglodon head, however Celennar is a lot smaller than I anticipated, and the Troglodon head far too big. However, we solider on, and a solution was found: A Bastiladon head.

I think it looks great and fairly natural, though a good amount of greenstuff is definitely needed. I really hate, loathe the Mask of Celennar, so I wanted something different... and here it is.

Would love thoughts!

Hope all is well!

IMG_20210219_140631_285.jpg

IMG_20210219_140631_257.jpg

• Like 3

I have been in a bit of a building kick, this time I am focusing on a Hathorian kitbash, the Thunderhoof!

So, this is the mock up, the head is blue tac'd on as I may still add more to it, such as another horn towards the nose. I am also still debating if I am going to add a rider or if this be a stand alone monster, like the Dread Saurian. If I do add a rider, I will likely put them on the base next to the Thunderhoof.

Once finished I'll be adding it a warscroll, and some homebrew for it.

Would love thoughts!

IMG_20210220_224021_282.jpg

IMG_20210220_224021_296.jpg

IMG_20210220_224021_328.jpg

IMG_20210220_224021_361.jpg

• Like 2

Across the Mountains and Highlands of Ilithia the silence and still is disrupted with the sound of thunder, though no clouds hang the air. As the Slaaneshi ranks formed into rank and file, they began to march towards the aelven and hathorian line when a great form became visible in the distance. Soon the head became more clear, large curled tusks reached out past its maw and a large horn stretched towards Hysh's light, even still it had large fangs that showed when it would give out a bellow. Not only was the size of the creature worrisome, but so was the magnificent shrine on its back that it carried with no effort, a shrine of a Living Mountain.

As the battle began, battlelines crashing into each other, it was not long before the behemoth joined into the killing field. Under hooves bodies broke, seekers ripped in half, slaangors skewered on its tusks, the monster was a living avalanche of destruction. What was already a blood bath turned bloodier still, the living spirit of the shrine began to throw boulders afar and causing rockslides to fall upon calvary and infantry charges alike. Each time a castle's worth of boulders would crash down, new rock from the shrine would materialize from the spirit as a new assault was launched unrelentingly.

This is the first true behemoth for the Hathorians, the Thunderhoof and it is equipped with not only its natural size and weaponry but also a mighty Living Mountain Shrine.

The Living Mountain Shrine is a sacred shrine built to honor a mountain spirit that a Hathorian Fold has communed with, but also is how the Hathorians bring the mountain spirits to war with them, though in a more natural form than the Lumineth mountain war forms. From atop their shrine, the mountain spirit constantly shifts the size and shape of the mountain itself as rockslides, mudslides, and other powers of the mountain are unleashed. Reports of giant hands made of stone are said to even through house-sized boulders into enemy lines. The giant sacred stone in the middle of the shrine is pure crude aetherquartz from the center of the mountain, used to heal allies and obliterate foes, the sacred stone is a devastating weapon attached to an already devastating Thunderhoof.

Below is the pre-greenstuff build of the Thunderhoof with Living Mountain Shrine, though it is still missing a tail as I decide which to give it. Also included a pure Hathorian photo to show what is built so far. I have also made a warscroll for it, at the moment I am pricing it at 280 points as I feel it is somewhere between the price of an Engine of the Gods and a Spirit of the Mountain.

Let me know what you think!

20210221_194159.jpg

20210221_194300.jpg

20210221_194358.jpg

20210221_194439.jpg

20210221_194549.jpg

20210221_194646.jpg

20210221_194744.jpg

20210221_194817.jpg

20210222_091547.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 2/22/2021 at 2:48 PM, Kronos said:

Aha, didn’t realise you had a log on here (I showed you my Rhinox build using similar parts 👍😬) awesome stuff man. The Bastilodon head looks great on the Sphinx. Real Lion Guardian/chinese dragon aesthetic taking place there. 

Ha, yep! I have one on Lustria Online as well. I try to keep them updated equally, but the one on LO is generally updated more consistently. 

Thanks 😊  I wanted Celennar to he a Feathered dragon, I can definitely see the Chinese/Guardian dragon vibe

Loved your take btw! 

Been working on the Ovibos and Living Mountain Shrine! Im close to having the fur color down,  and Ive begun adding in the jade armor. The mountain and large stone itself I'm still unsure od, but I am considering my Marbled Purple Quartz recipe or a similar recipe I'm calling my Sunstone Recipe. 

All in all she is coming together pretty well I think! I was originally going with a slate-blue color scheme, but I think this with the fur color is better. 

C&C appreciated! 

IMG_20210226_083347_115.jpg

IMG_20210226_083347_111.jpg

IMG_20210226_083347_075.jpg

IMG_20210226_083347_056.jpg

20210225_215443.jpg

• LOVE IT! 2

Hey everyone! Hope you are doing well, and I hope your hobby is bringing you joy :)

Been working on my kitbash for my homebrew race the Hathorians (also serving as a Stand-in Spirit of the Mountain for my Lumineth) a bit and wanted to share.

Since my last post a lot has been done: The Mountain’s have a lot more color now, fading from a darl blue-grey up to a more neutral grey at the top. The trees have been given life, offering two different species, one with a green canopy while the other is my birch cherry blossom recipe, and I have finished up most of the jade armor pieces.

Most recently however I have been working on the large central stone that sits on the Living Mountain Shrine. Giving it a dark stone grey with subtle shades of The Fang (Citadel paint), it is supposed to represent the heart of the mountain. The runes have been the hardest part, primarily because I don't know which color between green and blue I like more, haha. In the end I'll be changing the green runes to blue, but the green just looks so good in person that its hard to redo lol but in the end i think it will be for the good of the model.

All in all I am SUPER pleased with how this project is coming out 

C&C welcome :)

Feel free to check out my IG also, lots of cool projects there that are jot on this forum since they were done way way before :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL1xnAGnow8/?igshid=1ah1zzcw2pqew

20210227_233720.jpg

20210227_233755.jpg

20210227_234257.jpg

20210227_234353.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Living Mountain Shrine 
 #Homebrew:

"Across the Mountains and Highlands of Ilithia, the silence and still is disrupted with the sound of thunder, though no clouds hang the air. As the Slaaneshi ranks formed into rank and file, they began to march towards the Ilithian and Hathorian line when a great form became visible in the distance. Soon the head became clearer, large curled tusks reached out past its maw and a large horn stretched towards Hysh's light, even still it had large fangs that showed when it would give out a bellow. Not only was the size of the creature worrisome, but so was the magnificent shrine on its back that it carried with no effort, a shrine of a Living Mountain. 

As the battle began, battlelines crashed into each other, it was not long before the behemoth joined into the killing field. Under hooves bodies broke, unlucky seeker mounts bit in half, slaangors skewered on its tusks, the monster was a living avalanche of destruction. What was already a blood bath turned bloodier still, the living spirit of the shrine began to throw boulders afar and causing rockslides to fall upon calvary and infantry charges alike. Each time a castle's worth of boulders would crash down, new rock formations from the shrine would materialize from the spirit as a new assault was launched unrelentingly." 

Placed upon the back of a mighty Ovibos, a Living Mountain Shrine is a powerful weapon of war within a Hathorian Fold that brings the power of a mountain spirit to the battlefield. Each mountain shrine is built specifically for a revered mountain spirit and the Ovibos that will bear it during an ancient communion ritual between Realm Callers and the Mountain Spirit itself 

The shrine is built within the core of the mountain, just under its heart, by a special sect of Hathorian Realm Callers named Mountain Callers. The High Mountain Caller of the Fold will lead a ritual called the Osadus Maest, or Communion of the Mountain through throat singing of ancient hymns of the mountain. Their hymns bringing adoration to the mountain, they aim to bond their spirit with that of the mountains in hopes of gaining its aid in their current cause.  If the mountain is pleased it will, in its way, return its own call to the Mountain Callers as a sign of respect and its acceptance of the bond being made. 

The communion successful the spirit will begin to aid in the building of the shrine as the passages within the mountain reverberate with the songs of the Callers. Gems, stone, precious metals, all that is needed to build the shrine is provided by the mountain. Circled around an ancient rock slab, the hymns of the callers begin to shape and join together the different materials, soon the shrine taking shape. As the end of the ritual nears, a giant Ovibos is brought into the mountain and placed on the ancient slab. Slowly the shrine is lowered onto the back of the behemoth, the mountain’s strength seeping from the shrine into the fur of the creature, hardening it like a stone. 

The final act of the Osadus Maest begins with a final hymn, all of the Mountain Callers sing their loudest as the mountain spirit lowers its very heart into the center of the shrine, a giant stone of pure realm stone. Around the heart of the mountain, a miniature mountain range rises from the shrine, trees of Hyshian light grow from the stone and mountains alike. At the end of the communion ritual the High Mountain Caller will climb onto the shrine, and with the blessing of the mountain inscribe ancient symbols of protection upon the mountain’s heart; safeguarding it from foul magics.   

In battle the Ovibos and Living Mountain Shrine are a destructive force of nature, crashing through battlelines, breaking down great walls; always at the front of the battle. The mountain spirit always active, as seen by the constant shifting of the shrines mountain range, causes calamity upon the enemies of the Hathorians and Hysh. Large boulders the size of inns, landslides that could cover a Free City, the wrath of the Mountain Spirit is absolute. If one is not crushed by the spirit upon the shrine, they are often gored or trampled by the behemoth that bears the shrine into battle. The Ovibos’s large horn and tusks pierce through monsters hide, its maw full of sharp teeth biting enemy calvary in half as they get too close, the fate of being in the path of such a creature in battle is only for the fool hearty. To face the might of the mountain is to face the unshakable.

I am super excited to share with everyone my finished kitbash for my homebrew faction in Hysh & my Stand-in for my #lumineth Spirit of the Mountain! I have also included the Warscroll for the kitbash that can be used with my homebrew faction :) At the moment priced at 280/300 points

A lot of work went into this kitbash, including a few different kits and of course a lot of greenstuff work. This is also the first model i've done with just extensive jade work done, and I think it came out stunningly! I'm really pleased with the fur also, some sections could maybe be a little better, it it really gives that highland/mountain feel of a creature that would live in such an environment.

Any C&C is welcome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7O0pAnYp0/?igshid=1ax5duj7j723a

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=187685326460477&id=109366127625731

20210301_170427.jpg

20210301_170509.jpg

20210301_170542.jpg

20210301_170615.jpg

20210301_171150.jpg

20210301_171223.jpg

20210301_171247.jpg

20210301_171330.jpg

20210301_171358.jpg

20210301_171429.jpg

20210301_171454.jpg

LivingMountainShrineWS.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Started my Zenith Mage today, here is the progress so far!

Turning my Zenith Mage into a Lunar mage, I'm going for a cool Blue-Moon color scheme, so far it's going well.

Slowly blending colors and building up a rich color.

Also my High Warden is coming along nicely, it's Sun/Volcanic theme definitely coming along. Finished Warden for comparison :)

C&C welcome!

IMG_20210307_200847_968.jpg

IMG_20210307_200847_927.jpg

IMG_20210306_014041_662.jpg

IMG_20210306_014041_680.jpg

IMG_20210306_014041_698.jpg

20210306_001223.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bolanferth said:

Fantastic conversions, really bold. 

Thank you! Which specifically?  Just curious lol

Kitbashing is definitely a favorite aspect of the hobby for me, I have some more kitbashes to reveal! But atm working on finishing the Lunar Mage :)

Lumadek Lunarheart, Insular Guardian of the Moonlit Isle

"Where he walks moon light is left as footprints, his blessings of wings from Celennar spread wide in Lunar beauty. Upon lunar stones, ancient tears of Celennar, Lumadek Lunarheart communes with the moon high above his mountain perch. With moon bright eyes he sees what other Aelves can only hope to see in a life time."

I am officially finished with my Myari model from DireChasm, what a fun model!

I decided, as the blurb suggests, went with a Lunar theme instead of a tradtional Solar theme. Being from Ilithia (homebrew) felt it more appropriate, and the fact he had an owl. Really love how it turned out.

This may or may not also be a test scheme for how Celennar may look, with a few tweaks....

C&C welcome!

IMG_20210312_124029_858.jpg

IMG_20210312_124029_883.jpg

20210312_125150.jpg

With the finishing of my Lunar Zenith Mage, shifting gears a tad into a narrative force of Slaanesh. 

The leader being a Shardkeeper, and under her control a host of Blissbarb Seekers, Slaangors, Fiends, Daemonettes & Mortals. Ever since the Spirefall they have pillaged and brought beautiful agnoy to the Illuminated Ones, or so they sre deliciodeliciously called.

I have yet to come up with a name for the small force, but it will eventually grow into a full army as my Shardkeepers reign strengthens ...

The Start of this Narrative force begins with my Blissbarb Seekers,  Inspired by one of my girlfriends favorite paintings, Hummingbirds and Orchid by Martin Heade, my Seekers are not going to be the traditional colors. 

Here's a look at what  I have so far! :)

Tip for quivers: as the arrows are fragile, i have opted to glue mine to the side of the Seeker itself, and it imo looks better and and more natural. I carefully clipped the fingers off the arrow and glued them onto the hand (greenstuff would have worked also)

Just thought id share for any others who have nearly, or already have, broken some arrows.

IMG_20210314_113143_360.jpg

20210314_224609.jpg

20210314_224547.jpg

20210314_224524.jpg

20210314_224451.jpg

IMG_20210314_235556_772.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I'm not sure what I expected when I opened this thread, but it definitely wasn't a huge Highland cow with a monolith on its back. I love it. Very unusual look for that seeker steed - I think you nailed the hummingbird colours.

Haha! Thank you, i appreciate it!

I'm not sure anyone can be quite prepared for the Highland Cow 🤣 

The Seeker i think might be my favorite model to date so far, the mount has turned out super well thus far. Working on the High Tempter now, hoping to be done with it in the next day or so!

Thanks for checking out my thread!

Wasn't feeling great today, but I wanted to get a little bit of painting done, so I worked on the High Tempter for my seeker mount!

Some good progress, though a lot of touch ups and still a lot to go on him. The biggest parts done tonight were purple hued silver parts and his helmet. I ended up filling the design in the purple part of the helmed with gold.

I'm still on the fence about the skin tone, darker vs paler, kinda thinking a tad darker? We'll see.

Pretty happy with the progress thus far! Looking good with the mount

20210320_001602.jpg

IMG_20210320_004644_203.jpg

IMG_20210320_004644_238.jpg

IMG_20210320_004644_222.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I'm so glad I stumbled across this blog. Excellent work! I love your conversions and bold colour choices. I think the orange tones with the dark colours on the auralan wardens works particularly well. Each unit seems to have its own colour palatte which is quite contrast-y but works really well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zlatan said:

I'm so glad I stumbled across this blog. Excellent work! I love your conversions and bold colour choices. I think the orange tones with the dark colours on the auralan wardens works particularly well. Each unit seems to have its own colour palatte which is quite contrast-y but works really well.

Welcome! Ha! I am also glad you stumbled across my little creative hideout! Much appreciated! 

Yes! Lol! My armies are not your tradtional 1 scheme throughout, but more of a mesh scheme? Based off old armies where each battalion or whatever was a different color. The idea is that a few core colors run throughout but each type has its own unique core colors also. Vanari Infantry a volcanic black vs Temple 1 of Alarith which is Regrowth Green (vs Temple 2 of Alarith being Volcanic... i have a rebirth & Destruction theme for my Alarith as they commune with 2 Volcanoes, one active one dormant).

I think in the end the Lumineth army will really come together and look awesome, or so is the hope! Lol

Thanks for stoppin in! More stuff to come :) have a pretty big kitbash coming for my Unofficial race the Hathorians 

Not a hobby post (though I have one coming soon), but today is my Birthday! Turned the big 33 yesterday and I was already in a great mood but my girlfriend surprised me with this... she worked on it during the night when I slept... 

Very special, all of it.

Monty Mole & Yoshi are who we play when playing Mario Party on our Switch

I'm quite speechless & overwhelmed with joy at this time.

Hoping to get a hobby post out soon... have a very nice Blissbard seeker and a few other things to share...

Until then, Happy Birthday to me!

20210325_093750.jpg

20210325_100254.jpg

20210325_093936.jpg

20210325_094003.jpg

20210325_094104.jpg

20210325_094235.jpg

20210325_094311.jpg

20210325_094323.jpg

Edited by Sinarai
Pictures didn't work first time
  • Like 1