Sinarai's Paint & Kitbash Blog with a side of Homebrew

Sinarai

On 3/3/2021 at 12:56 AM, Sinarai said:

Living Mountain Shrine 
 #Homebrew:

"Across the Mountains and Highlands of Ilithia, the silence and still is disrupted with the sound of thunder, though no clouds hang the air. As the Slaaneshi ranks formed into rank and file, they began to march towards the Ilithian and Hathorian line when a great form became visible in the distance. Soon the head became clearer, large curled tusks reached out past its maw and a large horn stretched towards Hysh's light, even still it had large fangs that showed when it would give out a bellow. Not only was the size of the creature worrisome, but so was the magnificent shrine on its back that it carried with no effort, a shrine of a Living Mountain. 

As the battle began, battlelines crashed into each other, it was not long before the behemoth joined into the killing field. Under hooves bodies broke, unlucky seeker mounts bit in half, slaangors skewered on its tusks, the monster was a living avalanche of destruction. What was already a blood bath turned bloodier still, the living spirit of the shrine began to throw boulders afar and causing rockslides to fall upon calvary and infantry charges alike. Each time a castle's worth of boulders would crash down, new rock formations from the shrine would materialize from the spirit as a new assault was launched unrelentingly." 

Placed upon the back of a mighty Ovibos, a Living Mountain Shrine is a powerful weapon of war within a Hathorian Fold that brings the power of a mountain spirit to the battlefield. Each mountain shrine is built specifically for a revered mountain spirit and the Ovibos that will bear it during an ancient communion ritual between Realm Callers and the Mountain Spirit itself 

The shrine is built within the core of the mountain, just under its heart, by a special sect of Hathorian Realm Callers named Mountain Callers. The High Mountain Caller of the Fold will lead a ritual called the Osadus Maest, or Communion of the Mountain through throat singing of ancient hymns of the mountain. Their hymns bringing adoration to the mountain, they aim to bond their spirit with that of the mountains in hopes of gaining its aid in their current cause.  If the mountain is pleased it will, in its way, return its own call to the Mountain Callers as a sign of respect and its acceptance of the bond being made. 

The communion successful the spirit will begin to aid in the building of the shrine as the passages within the mountain reverberate with the songs of the Callers. Gems, stone, precious metals, all that is needed to build the shrine is provided by the mountain. Circled around an ancient rock slab, the hymns of the callers begin to shape and join together the different materials, soon the shrine taking shape. As the end of the ritual nears, a giant Ovibos is brought into the mountain and placed on the ancient slab. Slowly the shrine is lowered onto the back of the behemoth, the mountain’s strength seeping from the shrine into the fur of the creature, hardening it like a stone. 

The final act of the Osadus Maest begins with a final hymn, all of the Mountain Callers sing their loudest as the mountain spirit lowers its very heart into the center of the shrine, a giant stone of pure realm stone. Around the heart of the mountain, a miniature mountain range rises from the shrine, trees of Hyshian light grow from the stone and mountains alike. At the end of the communion ritual the High Mountain Caller will climb onto the shrine, and with the blessing of the mountain inscribe ancient symbols of protection upon the mountain’s heart; safeguarding it from foul magics.   

In battle the Ovibos and Living Mountain Shrine are a destructive force of nature, crashing through battlelines, breaking down great walls; always at the front of the battle. The mountain spirit always active, as seen by the constant shifting of the shrines mountain range, causes calamity upon the enemies of the Hathorians and Hysh. Large boulders the size of inns, landslides that could cover a Free City, the wrath of the Mountain Spirit is absolute. If one is not crushed by the spirit upon the shrine, they are often gored or trampled by the behemoth that bears the shrine into battle. The Ovibos’s large horn and tusks pierce through monsters hide, its maw full of sharp teeth biting enemy calvary in half as they get too close, the fate of being in the path of such a creature in battle is only for the fool hearty. To face the might of the mountain is to face the unshakable.

I am super excited to share with everyone my finished kitbash for my homebrew faction in Hysh & my Stand-in for my #lumineth Spirit of the Mountain! I have also included the Warscroll for the kitbash that can be used with my homebrew faction :) At the moment priced at 280/300 points

A lot of work went into this kitbash, including a few different kits and of course a lot of greenstuff work. This is also the first model i've done with just extensive jade work done, and I think it came out stunningly! I'm really pleased with the fur also, some sections could maybe be a little better, it it really gives that highland/mountain feel of a creature that would live in such an environment.

Any C&C is welcome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL7O0pAnYp0/?igshid=1ax5duj7j723a

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=187685326460477&id=109366127625731

20210301_170427.jpg

20210301_170509.jpg

20210301_170542.jpg

20210301_170615.jpg

20210301_171150.jpg

20210301_171223.jpg

20210301_171247.jpg

20210301_171330.jpg

20210301_171358.jpg

20210301_171429.jpg

20210301_171454.jpg

LivingMountainShrineWS.jpg

¡Amazing idea!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

As many of you know, I started the hobby about 2 years ago, and I've enjoyed every moment of this adventure. One of the greatest joys i have with the hobby is building, and in particular kitbashing. I love just looking at bits and just seeing how they could go together, having an idea and going onto the Gamesworkshop site and pulling up sprue photos to see what kits have what. Something about making my own creations and just bringing them to life is just something special, I really want to get better with 3D design as an ultimate hobby goal to that end. Another thing I have been wanting to do is get more into hand sculpting and milliput/greenstuff work, it blows me away what people can do with putty. I've started doing more with greenstuff recently, most notably with my Lumineth & Hathorians. I have done a lot of fur work, but nothing that required wire and building heavier sections.

With exploring more into the sculpting side of the hobby I've begun to tackle something I have wanted to do for awhile, sculpting a Sauropod unit for my Seraphon. Now, as most of you know I'm already building a Thunder Lizard ( Can check it out here: https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/thunder-lizard-model-project-by-suds.24212/page-2 or my painting blog), however for this project I wanted to steer away from calling this creature a Thunder Lizard outright, I have a couple of reasons for this:

1. Thunder Lizards are huge, Some say the size of Mountains, others say larger; no one actually knows. What we do know is that they were or are among the biggest monsters in Warhammer Fantasy, so large that they are said to be akin to a natural disaster and that just by walking the wake of destruction behind them is miles long. The sheer size lorewise of a Thunder Lizard makes it, at least at my current level of sculpting experience is beyond intimidating. The size also puts a predetermined picture into peoples minds, if it isn't larger than a Stegadon than it must not be a Thunder Lizard.... ignoring that it needs to fit on the table if i plan to play one day,

2. I like to think of the term/name Thunder Lizard as an umbrella term for many different species of behemoth Sauropod like creatures. What we know of as a Traditional Thunder Lizard I like to think of as the largest species, native to Lustria, and also the rarest. I however like to think there are sub species of Thunder Lizard elsewhere, my only evidence for this is the fact that the Thunder Lizard is also found on the Dragon Isles according to official lore. With Thunder Lizards living on the Dragon Isles they must have been a smaller species, a more specialized species for the Island, otherwise they either simply would not fit or would eat everything and starve the whole eco system out. For this reason I believe officially (but really just my own homebrew obviously) there are more than just one species of Thunder Lizard, just as there are multiple species of Stegadon, Gamesworkshop simply hasn't delved deep into the lore.

3. I simply think it is fun to think up new species, the Warhammer world would be a boring and dead universe if the only creatures that existed were what was officially written in. Its our job as the fan base to fill in the middle and really bring out the life of the universe, even if it will never be official canon.

With that said, lets delve into what I've been getting into with my new Sauropod model.

First things first, the species name, I am calling it a Unirontosaurian, an original name suggested by a friend I really liked and tweaked slightly (his original name was Unirontosaurus). The name if broken down loosely means One (uni) - Moving (onto) - Lizard (saurian), which is kind of funny to me for some reason lol.

I picture Unirontosaurian to be large, larger than the big four (Troglodon, Stegadon, Carnosaur & Bastiladon). and more comparable to a Dread Saurian size; I like to think of Allosaurus and Diplodocus for the size comparisons. Not so huge that its the size of a mountain, but large enough an enemy army is going to fear an army that has one within its ranks.

More homebrew for it to come, but for the sculpting...

For the base of the model I am using the Stegadon body, for the type of creature i want to make it works pretty perfectly, a bastiladon or carnosaur body would work also but I like the scales on the Stegadon for what i have envisioned in my head. with that said, for the sculpt I started with the tail, and this is where I made my first mistake: I didn't use any wiring for it. Really my first first mistake was not setting up the wiring for the milliput in all the areas i'd need it (tail, neck, legs). I used some spare carno/trog spine bits to help shape the tail (I' also end up doing this for the neck), and for the diplodcus tail whipe feel i used a keeper of secrets tail to give that slender tail tip look.

From the tail I went to work on the neck portion, using a bastiladon head for my omivourous sauropod. Here i had learned part of my mistake and used some wire for the neck, the neck was still a pain to do however. Part of the reason for my troubles was simply not knowing that getting milliput wet like i do greenstuff was not a good idea, it kept getting weak and crumbling. so after resting the head on the cork to keep the neck break in place it eventually set. I however at the time didn't realize how much the resting of the head had altered the positioning of the neck, putting it more upright and making part of the neck awkward. Looks like she's bellowing out a call, which I'm pretty ok with to be honest. Overall the neck looked good to me (hindsight should have smoothed it out more and checked out the necks positioning better before settling) but for sure had its pain in the ass moments.

Llearning from my mistakes i put some wire into the plastic to help with sculpting the legs and better support, shown here with blue tac. 

From there I began adding some bits, I started thinking about what kind of natural defenses this species would have since earth shattering size wasn't on the table. Naturally her tail whip came to mind, and her horn for offensive weapons (as well as defensive), but what about on her? I decided that having two hind spikes on her legs would be good, guard her legs and side. Ontop of that adding a few spikes to her shoulders/neck for if something tries to bite there (of course her scales might break a few teeth/claws). I also thought having the crest to defend right behind the head would be a good natural option withought being too outrageous. Next was some shiny ornaments and such since all Seraphon/Lizardmen beasts of war have it, so I added two icons on her tail (milliput rope/chain connected), a tail ring towards the end with something hanging from it, and the large stegadon jeweled crest. I am still undecided if i will add anything else in the shiny department, thought i have 1 idea for the neck i may pursue but i don't want to over do it.

Next on the list, which I've already begun working on is some sanding, filling with greenstuff and some greenstuff scale work to make the transition from the scaley top to the fleshy bottom a bit more natural. I am also considering magnetizing her feet so that she can be placed on both a 120mm oval as a stegadon but also on a 170mm oval for a custom warscroll/ruleset. I wanted to show her next to my Stegadon for size comparison

My homebrew lore has stated for awhile that my Temple Host has learned to harness large behemoths of the mortal realms, and from a time before even the Age of Myth... it is time that such creatures begin to fill the ranks of my Temple Host's Cohorts.

IMG_20210410_075609_869.jpg

20210410_115450.jpg

IMG_20210410_193237_439.jpg

20210411_033846.jpg

20210411_045351.jpg

20210411_044433.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

Hey everyone, hope you're all well!

Some real good progress has been made on the Unirontosaurian, and I'm excited to share what's been going on!

After a lot of sanding of both the neck and tail, I finally felt comfortable adding a very thin layer of greenstuff. Using the greenstuff to smooth over any hard to get to cracks, etc, I was also able to add some grooves as you see on the Carnosaur model; though admittedly maybe not heavy enough. I also crafted vines to wrap around the neck & tail to be able to add more icons, and "fastening' the large crest ornament onto the neck. The last major part that I used greenstuff one was around the base of the Bastiladon head and Carnosaur crest, making it a bit more seamless.

All in all this stage was about smoothing parts out, adding detail, and preparing for the howdah!

Now, the howdah isn't super exciting, as it is just the regular Stegadon howdah. i really am just excited to share it with you all because it just looks sO good to me with it on! Very natural and I'm thrilled 

In the next phase I am trying to figure out her weaponry, primarily the Engine/Rejuvenation Crystal, though planning the flamethrower things also. Using chopped-up bits of a Carno saddle & heads from two knight banners, I use these arms to prop the crystal up above the howdah, and where the Priest will stand (without a chair). Part of me feels like I need a third arm? Though I'm not sure I have the bits for it. Im planning to dig through sprues and my loose bits bag tomorrow to see what I can come up with, the nice thing about the Carno throne arms are the symbols already on them. Any ideas or thoughts on this? Any and all are very much welcomed and appreciated.

All in all some really good progress, and I'm really happy with how it is turning out thus far! Still trying to decide on a scheme, have one Idea so far, but going to look through some paleoart for inspiration before deciding.

Would love everyone's thoughts, even if you're not a fan! This above all else has been about being a learning experience, I've wanted to sculpt something for awhile and I've finally done it:)

20210414_031750.jpg

20210414_203347.jpg

20210414_203513.jpg

20210414_203312.jpg

20210413_000724.jpg

Edited by Sinarai
Added extra pictures
  • Like 2

I have finally started a Slann.... which will be going on my Engine of the Gods! Pretty sure I will be putting him in front of the Engine vs in the center of it due to the coatl model being too close/blocking him some.

The more I do on him the more I like him, I was unsure at first.

Lord Ka’Rapixca, Third Spawning, Blessed by the Old One Tepok.

WIP

20210425_003141.jpg.41442c2780b81081690efc377b9a077a.jpg20210425_002016.jpg.eed8374e3b3c63c61eb340eb21029841.jpg20210425_003116.jpg.3441b958fadb1476e3f8fca04465b99d.jpg

I have also had some very good progress on my Kitbash/Sculpted Sauropod 20210420_195905.jpg.c5d3437430aa132bb3e6c269661688ca.jpg20210420_193436.jpg.4a5ec44dfd775a608fe38c8309a4250a.jpg

C & C welcome 

• LOVE IT! 1

• 1 month later...

It's been awhile since I posted here, but I'm creating another Lumineth  / Hathorian kitbash: The Ilithian Hippogryph. 

Loosely based off the World of Warcraft Hippogryph, i am going to make this either a unique hero or monster; largely for Narrative play as Lumineth don't use any large Oval bases, and I believe the Wind Aelements base is too small.

She still has greenstuff work and such to be done but she's getting there. Most of thenfreenstuff work now is making leather connector points for where the armor and such is (pic example below!) The armor and such arm is blue tack'd on

I am still debating if I will do a rider or not, I am tempted to do a custom Sentinel and have it as a flying ranged unit. I sort of like the idea of a Mongolian Hunter & Golden Ea⁸gle relationship type of vibe, where the Sentinel kinda "marks" a target and the Hippogryph then goes after it.

Think we'll get some larger oval bases in the future? Lol

Anyway, hope you all are doing well! 

C&C welcome

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP5hJ5KH7c9/?utm_medium=copy_link

20210610_192355.jpg

20210610_192417.jpg

20210610_192447.jpg

20210610_192520.jpg

20210610_192543.jpg

ed1de09e09d29510a13caf70da6b409a.gif

• Like 3

Quite a lot has changed since my last post! All the greenstuff work is done and she is all primed and ready to go! Including the greenstuff on the Hippogryph itself I have also added greenstuff to to dead ogors on the base: arrows. 

Now, you might ask yourself... who are these Ogors? Why have they been  peppered with arrows? Well, let me tell you. 

These Ogors are called "Sun Eaters" which is why their skin is a bit yellowish, their livers are just fine. They roam the realms, primarily Hysh, eating Hysh's light wherever they can. Their favored food source? Lumineth Realm Lords. The Sun Eaters believe when they consume Lumineth Flesh that they consume a bit of Hysh itself, and the pure light inside each aelf native to Hysh. The more light they consume, the stronger and smarter they become; they openly seek battle with the Lumineth. 

So it begs to reason that our Huntress shot first and didn't wait to ask any questions! 

I have an idea for the Hippogryph but still debating for the moment 

All in all I am super proud of this Kitbash/Conversion and can't wait to paint more of it.

You can check out more constant progress and fun lore bits on my IG!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQKIsx1HE9b/?utm_medium=copy_link

IMG_20210615_124124_110.jpg

IMG_20210615_124124_125.jpg

IMG_20210615_124124_150.jpg

IMG_20210615_124124_195.jpg

20210616_092155.jpg

20210616_202948.jpg

20210616_203002.jpg

20210616_203015.jpg

20210616_203026.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Hope you're doing well :)

Been working on the Hippogryph a bit, making some decent progress. All that I have so far is dry brushing (lightly) and very light wash, slowly building up the colors and a small pattern on the wings (or spots?). Im torn between a white/grey body fading into the brownish ends or going a more Painted Horse scheme like i did my original Dawnrider (pictured below). At this point I can go either way pretty easily. I am honestly tempted to color in the armor and decide based on that! I can see both patterns looking geat, so we'll see what happens.

IMG_20210618_043312_080.jpg

IMG_20210618_043312_097.jpg

IMG_20210618_043312_108.jpg

IMG_20210618_043312_116.jpg

IMG_20210618_043312_131.jpg

Screenshot_20210617-174620_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20210617-174636_Instagram.jpg

Hey everyone! I finally got a turn table! Which i find super exciting lol

Making some good progress on the Hippogryph for my Lumineth, using Kragnos as a base among other kits.

Changed the tabard colors, i think the black and orange works a lot better than the red over red. I did keep the wild rider red on the backside of the tabard, i might keep it... but haven't decided yet. I still need to do a wash on it, the red under shoes through a little which looks kinda cool actually.

Ive also begun picking out the white spots on the wings again, they kinda faded when i did the washes of Reikland Fleshshade and light dry brushing of wild rider red.

Hope you like it so far! This is for a Narrative army primarily (notably for the upcoming Animosity III Campaign with custom rules) but may use as a Teclis Stand-in with proper base option for local games.

WIP

IG: Sinaraipaints25

#kitbash #lumineth #narrativeplay #animosityiii #DaWarpath #hippogryph #kragnos #sinaraipaints

20210623_032657.jpg

20210623_032617.jpg

20210623_032601.jpg

20210623_032635.jpg

• Like 1

Absolutely gorgeous work, all of it. Have been a huge fan of your conversion, painting, and lore work since I found you on that Lumineth hobby thread. If I hadn't said it already, absolute props to all that you have done.

I am always a big fan of minotaur stuff, especially the kind and enlightened ones. I chalk it up to Warcraft. lol These versions of yours are great and the yak conversions are fun. Super inspiring. 

The destruction and rebirth theming is top notch and fits the unique Lumineth naturalist vibe. 

Lastly, I applaud your desire to just...make what you want. Kit bashing can get expensive and just diving in to create what you WANT, no matter what the rules or what is good says, is some serious hobby energy I aspire to! Keep it up, looking forward to more!

• LOVE IT! 1

11 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Absolutely gorgeous work, all of it. Have been a huge fan of your conversion, painting, and lore work since I found you on that Lumineth hobby thread. If I hadn't said it already, absolute props to all that you have done.

I am always a big fan of minotaur stuff, especially the kind and enlightened ones. I chalk it up to Warcraft. lol These versions of yours are great and the yak conversions are fun. Super inspiring. 

The destruction and rebirth theming is top notch and fits the unique Lumineth naturalist vibe. 

Lastly, I applaud your desire to just...make what you want. Kit bashing can get expensive and just diving in to create what you WANT, no matter what the rules or what is good says, is some serious hobby energy I aspire to! Keep it up, looking forward to more!

Man, thank you so much, that really means a lot to me and waking up to such a kind message was awesome. It blows me away when people like my lore and such lol

The Tauren are definitely a driving force behind the Hathorians 100%, and also Kaz from the Dragonlance books (admittedly i have lomited knowledge on him as ive only read The Legend of Huma). I dont believe every Minotaur is evil, and i really dislike that all beastmen type tropes in warhammer (to my knowledge) are evil on some level or destruction based. With the Lumineth having Minotaur mountain spirits i was hoping for bullgor/kroxigor Lumineth equivalents in a mountain tauren like race as a Monsterous infantry unit... that of course didnt happen lol. Took matters into my own hand... and here we are lol

Definitely trying to give off that vibe! So its awesome it's being recieved that way! Using Greens and Blues as the base for the rebirth part and reds, oranges, black primarily for the destruction part; seems to work so far! I really want to expand the Lumineth side of the lore a bit, and i need to eventually rework/go through the Hathorians lore a bit also. 

This hobby has been in many ways a healing process for me, when I started 2 years ago it was during some serious medical stuff. Painting and writing really helped my mind distract itself from the pain and mental distress i was going through. I think the rebirth and destruction theme kinda hits home a hit for that reason in some ways.

Kitbashing really just brings me a lot of joy, it's definitely expensive (my next Lumineth idea is gonna be min of 3 kits, but i need to recharge the wallet a bit haha),  but seeing something you imagined in your head come to physical form is just so cool and nothingis better imo. The vision doesnt always translate, and you definitely get a lot of hate for the littlest mishap but its yours and its unique, even if someone takes the idea and mimics it (or vice versa). I have always wanted my armies to be unique, just for myself. I love the original GW models, but I want my army to be my army, not the same as little timmy down the road. I also just love learning how to do new things, kitbashing can require a lot of skill depending on what youre doing, and i just want to learn those skills. Its even better if it inspires others to try new things, nothing makes me happier than when someone messages me and is like, "hey, I tried this cause i saw X of your post". Im not trying to sound whatever, i just genuinely love when people try new things in the hobby, always new things to learn! Even better if i cannhrkp inspire of give a boost in confidence to someone to try sonething they've wanted to for awhile but have needed a small boost

I really do appreciate your comment, means a lot 😊

• LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Sinarai said:

Slowly making progress on these 3 wardens, 5 more for my first 10 after this. Oof lol

There is a reason i usually paint big models, but we're powering through! I want a battleline lol

20210625_180339.jpg

20210625_170114.jpg

Seeing Lumineth in dark and even broody colors makes me happy. Teclis has always been on my "Love to Hate" list (all in fun) so it is great to see his pure and perfect boys be dark and gritty. Still wonderfully regal, though! Gonna look great as a regiment!

But yes, with these fun paint jobs and conversions, you earn the compliments. One day soon I might actually get a project log up here, pushing out some of my MANY conversion ideas. For now I admire and take notes. This full army will look amazing!

• LOVE IT! 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:34 PM, flamingwalnut said:

Seeing Lumineth in dark and even broody colors makes me happy. Teclis has always been on my "Love to Hate" list (all in fun) so it is great to see his pure and perfect boys be dark and gritty. Still wonderfully regal, though! Gonna look great as a regiment!

But yes, with these fun paint jobs and conversions, you earn the compliments. One day soon I might actually get a project log up here, pushing out some of my MANY conversion ideas. For now I admire and take notes. This full army will look amazing!

I would love to see a paint blog by you, with or without conversions (but if course conversions only add to the fun), so I'm definitely cheering you on for a paint blog here lol any ideas you want to share or keeping them close to the chest (completely understand!)? 

Yes! Yes! And yes! I really dislike the color scheme of the poster boys of Ymertrica lol i dunno. Too pure for me lol it helps that my Ilithians have denounced Tyrion and Teclis as their gods though lol

I just live the rebirth and Destruction theme and Volcanoes just fit perfectly in that theme... so wanted to paint them kinda volcanic/you can see the darkness/rage/loss in the colors they have chosen from the Spirefall... but also the hope they feel with the bright greens (and blues) of rebirth/rejuvenation of their own people feel about their future. I try to put symbols/thoughts into most things i do, if even eventually. 

Keep me poated on that blog! I have a nee large Lumineth kitbash on the horizon, and a Hathorian one. Going to be a crazy few months between those and just normal battleline stuff!

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Sinarai said:

I would love to see a paint blog by you, with or without conversions (but if course conversions only add to the fun), so I'm definitely cheering you on for a paint blog here lol any ideas you want to share or keeping them close to the chest (completely understand!)? 

Yes! Yes! And yes! I really dislike the color scheme of the poster boys of Ymertrica lol i dunno. Too pure for me lol it helps that my Ilithians have denounced Tyrion and Teclis as their gods though lol

I just live the rebirth and Destruction theme and Volcanoes just fit perfectly in that theme... so wanted to paint them kinda volcanic/you can see the darkness/rage/loss in the colors they have chosen from the Spirefall... but also the hope they feel with the bright greens (and blues) of rebirth/rejuvenation of their own people feel about their future. I try to put symbols/thoughts into most things i do, if even eventually. 

Keep me poated on that blog! I have a nee large Lumineth kitbash on the horizon, and a Hathorian one. Going to be a crazy few months between those and just normal battleline stuff!

I am actually figuring out exactly what I want to do for my next project, which will hopefully start in the Animosity campaign I just spotted you in! Small world! Since you asked, I'll share a few ideas I have been tossing around:

- An Order-alligned group of Skaven running a shadow network to free slaves and topple tyrants (look to my profile picture for my inspiration there... lol) 

- An engineering guild with a host of weird contraptions and steam punk tech. Very vague in concept, but certainly has potential.

- The knightly order of my Vampire Queen, who hails from Ghur and specializes in raising and bonding with Dragons.

- An ancient Duardin line that communes with a Crystal of Hysh for guidance. Has a grudge against the Lumineth for all the damage done during the Spirefall. 

And all of those are just a taste of who all lives in my wild city, split into 8 sections based off the 8 realms/winds of Magic! lol Very much themed like the old College of Magic from Fantasy. 

Will try and get a Plog started soon! 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, flamingwalnut said:

I am actually figuring out exactly what I want to do for my next project, which will hopefully start in the Animosity campaign I just spotted you in! Small world! Since you asked, I'll share a few ideas I have been tossing around:

Hahaha! Very small world indeed! Ive never participated before (or really done anything like it, I just paint and write my stories lol) but im excited to see what it's all about, if even in just a small part!

1 hour ago, flamingwalnut said:

- An Order-alligned group of Skaven running a shadow network to free slaves and topple tyrants (look to my profile picture for my inspiration there... lol) 

- An engineering guild with a host of weird contraptions and steam punk tech. Very vague in concept, but certainly has potential.

- The knightly order of my Vampire Queen, who hails from Ghur and specializes in raising and bonding with Dragons.

- An ancient Duardin line that communes with a Crystal of Hysh for guidance. Has a grudge against the Lumineth for all the damage done during the Spirefall. 

And all of those are just a taste of who all lives in my wild city, split into 8 sections based off the 8 realms/winds of Magic! lol Very much themed like the old College of Magic from Fantasy. 

All of these sound awesome and I'm honestly interested in all of them lol

The order aligned Skaven is kinda near to my heart, I've had an idea of "good" Skaven also for a bit. Part of me kinda wanted them to be squirrels originally lmao. In the end though i was also thinking of a break away clan or something that denounces skavendom, settling in Hysh which brings some fun. I would paint them in the same patterns as my 5 rats that passed many years ago, but i still miss.

I love your pic reference for your skaven!

I think your Vamp Queen and my Lumineth might get along ok, my Lumineth may or may not worship/commune with dragons *Looks at my Celennar Conversion*😏

Edited by Sinarai
  • LOVE IT! 1

Here is the in progress army (still missing a few models/units) of The Mountain’s Path of the Thalor Alari-Iakhu Alliance, which will be appearing in the #animosityiii campaign 

Finally got what I have together for a big shot, lots... and lots of WIP things in here.

Still adding to both the Hathorians and Lumineth respectively. 

Hathorians have 3 more Mountain Guardians coming, along with 1 last big kitbash, and the 5 Highland Hunters and 1 or 2 others

My Lumineth have a ballista, banner bearer, a special kitbash planned along with more wardens and some sentinels... i honestly likely wont have wind temple in my army in model form (for now), but they are within my stories. My army is Vanari focused along with Alarith support + future river temple when released. 

20210629_222504.jpg

20210629_222634.jpg

20210629_222043.jpg

20210629_222055.jpg

20210629_222108.jpg

Nearly done with the mounts fur, still debating on a species name. Kinda tempted to just call it an Ilithian Longhorn, the Ymertrica Longhorns distant cousin. This will give me some room to write a Beastiary entry about it more effectively. 

For the fur I am trying to mimic the American Bison a bit, heavier fur on the chest area with smoother/shorter towards the back. I am also thinking of doing markings like a Tasmanian Tiger (stripes down the hips and upper tail).

More to go, but super excited about it so far!

20210703_133139.jpg

20210703_133156.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-193740_Google.jpg

20210703_194805.jpg

20210703_202243.jpg

20210703_205255.jpg

20210703_205308.jpg

20210703_205316.jpg

20210703_205331.jpg

20210703_205344.jpg