"Rules" for using Souldrain Forest

WarCrier

For those of you who own or have used Souldrain Forest, how do you "rule" on using the trees during the game? 

Do you use the "if it stays it plays" general table-top gaming rule, or do you say "no" to allowing models in the trees at all? 

If you allow it, what are some of the understandings you use, or some of the issues you have had to resolve? 

Im just wondering. I recently purchased Souldrain and painting it up. My buddies and I have play a few games on it, and we have been allowing models in the trees, but if we use it at a tournament or something, I would like some ideas as to any potential complications. 

Thanks so much! See you around the forums! 

There has been a bit of discussion on this already that might be helpful:

The rules on platforms are pretty prescriptive in the core book (something like 1"x1", and 1" off the table) so tournaments may use those. A slight tweak would be to count anything bigger than the model's base as a platform - this prevents Ogor Breachers using the same platforms as something like a Plains-Runner.

I'm generally a fan of "if it stays, it plays", however this did cause me to take an angle-grinder to my starter set. 🤣

• Like 2

Hey thanks for that! I was actually just looking to see if there was a rule or rules explicitly against it. I love the idea of someone walking through the woods and out of nowhere, they get ambushed by someone jumping from the trees; or the possibility of fighters jumping from branch to branch swinging on each other. I think I will go by "if it stays it plays". 

How much did you angle grind off your set?! 😳🤣