Daughters of Khaine - Draichi Ganeth

Mirbeau

Over the last year or so I've been slowly working through a DoK army (and I do mean slowly - I've been painting the same twenty sisters of slaughter since July...). Love the army, hoping to run a Draichi Ganeth  slaughter-troupe (30 witches, 20 sos, 10 sos,  2 units of heartrenders, a cauldron & Morathi for a brutal low drop list that likes bouncing in and out of combat) or a Khailebron list built around a temple nest, with doomfires, snakes, the new warcry minis and all sorts of teleporting tricks for more casual games. Hoping logging progress on here will speed up my painting a bit - hoping to get the remaining parts of the slaughter-troupe finished in the next couple of months.

I've tried to level up my level of army painting for this force, while I'm still painting for an army/gaming standard I'm using more glazes and the like to tidy up highlights and transitions between hues - they're much less forgiving than a bunch of skeletons to paint.

They're themed around an arid desert area of the realm of shadow (with crumbled Hellenistic ruins). Any plants have been dark, vine-like things that don't require sunlight - for that reason I've not used any tufts - I do feel the bases could potentially use them though (?) so would like to hear some advice there.

FMJU5213.jpg.63cb4673c547da74be9fc69731163774.jpgIMG_1307.jpg.6a983ab4b50a968a018a04dba74e2ae1.jpgIMG_1314.jpg.b8712ed5d5f7387126b42e944970dc2b.jpgIMG_1312.jpg.d62425cf972432d4eb3a35b5872a6b2f.jpgD_ocoKmX4AEIU-t.jpg.139d21694a2ff75be71b587000044256.jpg

Edited by Mirbeau
  • Like 5

On 10/25/2020 at 12:31 PM, Mirbeau said:

'Old' witch elves (counts-as SOS), Sorceress (no idea, perhaps an allied battle-mage), bow snakes and Gotrek (wip at the the time I think).

IMG_2620.jpg.a6e88a5c2dee9c351bf4d60a42fd369c.jpgIMG_2557.jpg.afa7e95ebf51e4c0ec78418a6168a932.jpgIMG_2554.jpg.d529cb91eec77fd9213fc783a523c6e5.jpgIMG_2551.jpg.be03848fa35837b6896039a2e6dfd45e.jpgIMG_1455.jpg.79ded6e5bacbf5904cb398bd45d3cf7b.jpgD5xFfoXW0AAkgyy.jpg.776390f2d71cdea72bd107c9ac8ee577.jpg

Looks so good. 
on the old surpreme sorceress model. I would definitely take a look at the Sorceress warscroll. Her inbuild spell is very useful when playing a glass cannon army such as DoK outside of the extra save temple. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, silverstu said:

These are fantastic! Love the skin tones and the shading around the eyes ! Brilliant!

Hah you're a blast from the (warseer) past! Thanks, just some of the old bloodletter glaze watered down to imitate warpaint/make-up.

Edited by Mirbeau

On 10/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, Mirbeau said:

Hah you're a blast from the (warseer) past! Thanks, just some of the old bloodletter glaze watered down to imitate warpaint/make-up.

Ha! Warseer.. I miss those days and that gang- Harry, Hastings and the rest ! Really like what you're doing with the glazes - they look great and the warpaint around the eyes is perfect- it really sets off the paleness of the eyes. I like doing something similar in my elves/eldar/lady vamps. . The sorceress on foot is excellent - reminds me I have to finish a Kurnothi conversion I did with her but I didn't get my skin tones as good as yours!

You were saying about the bases and maybe tufts? they could work - maybe as dead grass- the little light patches act to contrast and lift the bases. I think your bases work perfectly with your scheme, a contrasting element could make them pop a little more. I use Army painter tufts for extra variety. 

I should get back to posting pics and painting myself.. its been a while..

• Like 3

On 10/30/2020 at 11:50 AM, silverstu said:

Ha! Warseer.. I miss those days and that gang- Harry, Hastings and the rest ! Really like what you're doing with the glazes - they look great and the warpaint around the eyes is perfect- it really sets off the paleness of the eyes. I like doing something similar in my elves/eldar/lady vamps. . The sorceress on foot is excellent - reminds me I have to finish a Kurnothi conversion I did with her but I didn't get my skin tones as good as yours!

You were saying about the bases and maybe tufts? they could work - maybe as dead grass- the little light patches act to contrast and lift the bases. I think your bases work perfectly with your scheme, a contrasting element could make them pop a little more. I use Army painter tufts for extra variety. 

I should get back to posting pics and painting myself.. its been a while..

Bless the pieman, not sure where he's at nowadays, have seen hastings post a little on warofsigmar. Thanks again mate, will look at the army painter tufts - do think it could work.  Aye painting's been good, hard to fit in but it looks like we all might have more time at home again this winter now.