How to paint Sons of Behemat skin

pacoxo

Hi! Hello from Spain. I have doubts about how to paint the mega gargant skin. I really like the texture of the warstomper. I imagine they have used aerograph, wich I don't have, so I'll use brushes. The skin is pallid. In Warhammer TV they have painted fast a gargant with a base of kislev flesh and reikland+medium shade, though is far to look like this. What would you do? How are you going to paint it?

image.png.f1278692b6b755febdb8eee256fe513f.png

1 hour ago, pacoxo said:

Hi! Hello from Spain. I have doubts about how to paint the mega gargant skin. I really like the texture of the warstomper. I imagine they have used aerograph, wich I don't have, so I'll use brushes. The skin is pallid. In Warhammer TV they have painted fast a gargant with a base of kislev flesh and reikland+medium shade, though is far to look like this. What would you do? How are you going to paint it?

image.png.f1278692b6b755febdb8eee256fe513f.png

I just helped @Lysandestolpe with the editing of his Gargant skin tutorial. Ik of course biased. But i really liked it. wouldn’t work with him if I didn’t think his work is great ;) 

a good one as well is his ogor skin tutorial if you want a bit more paler skin.

https://youtu.be/S8sJCbgSv3c

• Like 1

As a note, generally the 'Eavy Metal team don't use an airbrush for their painting.  The most they'll do will be to put down a base colour and then it'll only be on rare occasions.

In addition to @Lysandestolpe's video, have a look through Darren Latham's YouTube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSz0WzAuhwjezFyEIv3Xksg.  He covers flesh in a few of them and that will be more like how the display miniature was painted.

At some point in the future I do plan on picking up a mega gargant for my Khorne army, but will likely be doing it in a super pale tone (verging into blue) that matches the rest of the army.  What I will say is that I do use the basic rule that it's easier to darken a paint than lighten it, so I tend to hit the whole miniature with my base colour and shade down rather than starting with a dark colour and lighten it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

What I will say is that I do use the basic rule that it's easier to darken a paint than lighten it, so I tend to hit the whole miniature with my base colour and shade down rather than starting with a dark colour and lighten it.

This sounds like a second tenant in a new church of paint. Very buddhist 😂
First rule being of course, two thin coats.