Chaos Monster Mash

meatpipeline

I've been playing for almost the length of COVID now (Nurgle Daemons / LoCA in AoS, Chaos Daemons in 40k) and I'd like to have a Monster Mash style list in addition to the horde army list that I play currently.  The idea is to identify a list (or inspiration) that I can built towards over the next year (or longer).  So in that spirit, show me your favorite Chaos Monster Mash lists!  I'm looking for fun and semi-competitive lists.  They don't have to have models/factions in common with the armies I currently play, just be based in Chaos.  Thanks in advance.

Like @Salyx said a Khorne bloodthirster list using the Tyrants of blood batallion is great. An Insensate, Wrath, and Unfettered thirster along with Skarbrand and some support/screening could be a lot of fun to play but it's also pretty tricky. Your thirsters can wipe units but they're also pretty squishy so you have to play very carefully. The list can be pretty strong if you play it correctly though.

Slaves to Darkness can run a fair number of monsters in the Despoilers legion, but that's not going to be particularly competitive. If you don't really care about that then it would usually start with a daemon prince and Be'Lakor and then you could fill it out with a chaos sorcerer lord on manticore, some of the warcry monsters, soul grinders, slaughterbrutes, mutalith vortex beasts... heck you could even run chariots for battleline if you didn't want any troop models. Maybe top it off with a greater daemon ally like Kairos. 

Beasts of Chaos can run a good number of monsters too. You could run doombulls for heroes, bullgors for battleline, just toss in 4 Ghorgons and a battalion or two and you're off to the races. No idea how strong it will be but it'll certainly bring the beef haha. 

Edited by Grimrock

1 hour ago, meatpipeline said:

I've been playing for almost the length of COVID now (Nurgle Daemons / LoCA in AoS, Chaos Daemons in 40k) and I'd like to have a Monster Mash style list in addition to the horde army list that I play currently.  The idea is to identify a list (or inspiration) that I can built towards over the next year (or longer).  So in that spirit, show me your favorite Chaos Monster Mash lists!  I'm looking for fun and semi-competitive lists.  They don't have to have models/factions in common with the armies I currently play, just be based in Chaos.  Thanks in advance.

Does it need to be chaos? 
And if so, do greater daemons count? 

I played some games with a Slaughterbrute recently (based on a cool model conversion I did) and it was quite some fun. Not the most competetive, but still fun.

One thing that came to mind is Khorne allegiance with Bloodthirsters, Slaughterbrute(s), mounted Manticores, Khorgoraths. Fleshhounds as battleline.

Slaanesh can work with this, though unfortunately keepers aren't as worthwhile as they used to be. If you want to go Godseekers you could run something like:

Keeper 380

Keeper 380

Keeper 380

Bladebringer on exalted chariot 220

Bladebringer on exalted chariot 220

Seeker chariot 120

Seeker chariot 120

Seeker chariot 120

That's 8 models at 2000 points. For objectives you'll still have to keep some daemonettes on hand to summon, but whether or not that brings it into horde territory is up to your personal definition.