Orruk and other greenskins; what about their skin itself

Skyman

Hey everyone,

As I'm just about to jump into WH:AoS after longer (~5y) hobby break, I'm seeking for my new army. Because of friend, who came back after his WH:FB was destroyed, he decided to try WH:AoS after all and asked me if I wanna try it too. Before, I was playing mostly LotR:SBG and some Infinity - there were plenty of opportunities to be inventive with color schemes, i.e. LotR orcs' skin could be painted in many ways.

And here comes my question of this topic - I will probably decide to start my adventure with Orruk, but despite going through many pages of lore, I could not find information on how important it is to stick to their color scheme. I am mainly interested in the subject of skin - after all, they are called greenskins, but can I paint shades of green / blue / maroon within one army / clan and some pro-maniac will not start to pick on me, and I will be sad? ;d

• Like 1

Even if the lore did say something specific and there was an absolute reason they were always green...your models, do as you wish. ANYONE who complains about your color choices aren't people worth paying attention too.

But even better, the Mortal Realms of Age of Sigmar are so WONDERFULLY open ended. Dozens of odd magics, countless weird landscapes and literal centuries to cultivate weird exposures and shifts. 

Greenskin orks/orcs/orruks are all iconic, but the point of AoS AND this hobby is to make your own icons!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...