The Painting Contract - October 2020

TheOtherJosh

Wow, only the 4th and already so many progress pics! I’ve taken a hiatus since my last pledge but I plan to kitbash/convert two Daemon Princes  this month. Feels a bit like I’m cheating since I started Friday but that was only the 2nd. Have the base worked out but still need to source some bits and fine tune their poses. 
     My stretch goals would be to complete two more for the other gods, but it doesn’t look likely since we’re still in full on hurricane recovery mode (I’m still missing a sizable chunk of my roof). Progress pics below, I know they aren’t the most original but it’s from what  (mostly undamaged) kits I’ve found since the storm. 

55D21862-8F10-4A5C-843E-A2A96A7D16F1.jpeg

48E7B10B-E67C-4E84-B324-36871B8E817A.jpeg

063FC699-35CC-4563-911C-842573F15E78.jpeg

5E2B732B-68F9-41F4-9427-42A575DAE340.jpeg

• Like 7

The base isn't part of the contract this time I'm afraid. I plan on doing some resin water effects for swamp bases so the entire army will be based at the same time (which is 20 rangers and a few sisters away) so other than the rider my reanimated forest dragon (not a zombie, shes just so full of life magic lol) is practically done. I still have to tackle adding the butterfly effects to the brown side of the wings but I need to psyche myself up for that for a few days.

Here she is is almost all her glory!

20201004_220123.jpg

20201004_220110.jpg

20201004_215634.jpg

20201004_215606.jpg

20201004_215621.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Last I didn't do much except for painting up this Knight Incantor

IMG_1557.jpg.5b36ec6bebaa8ab0c1a0186fbe646def.jpg

so this month I hope to do much better. I pledge to:

-Finish my skullreaper unit (or at least one model)

-Paint some Bloodreavers (at least one)

-Prime my Daemon Prince and 5x Flesh Hounds

-Build 5x liberators

• Like 4

This one is an extreme rush job because we have (another) hurricane bearing down on us. Originally I planned to spend another week slowly fixing and finishing the sculpting on them both then about a week, maybe two, giving the Khorne Prince a good paint job while I finished finding/making parts for the Tzeentch Prince. Sadly with another storm coming I don’t have the time for that and just wanted to get at least one of them “finished”. I know there are a lot of things that could be improved and plenty of mistakes to touch up but he’s done for the time being. The only other thing I plan to still do to him before I leave will be cleaning up the edge of his base. Hopefully we won’t be without power for weeks again this time and I can get something done after this storm. 

ADB77200-E472-4AFA-B854-C5957E29A84B.jpeg

E9685DC4-8BCE-4623-A149-E3B1E509DC5A.jpeg

• Like 3

I've hit some what a brick wall with my desire to paint this month. I've painted my Bloodbowl Humans black and washed them. I really have no desire to do any more painting on them. I'll be lucky if I do this months challenge.

There are other projects I want to start, getting quite burnt out on painting Blood Bowl teams. Just don't really want to abandon painting them, I dread I'll never go back. 

I've painted over 50 Blood Bowl models this year. Still got around 25 to go. 

On 10/16/2020 at 3:16 PM, Rodiger said:

I've hit some what a brick wall with my desire to paint this month. I've painted my Bloodbowl Humans black and washed them. I really have no desire to do any more painting on them. I'll be lucky if I do this months challenge.

There are other projects I want to start, getting quite burnt out on painting Blood Bowl teams. Just don't really want to abandon painting them, I dread I'll never go back. 

I've painted over 50 Blood Bowl models this year. Still got around 25 to go. 

I suggest actually doing something else ax a project. Sometimes a break/change to something else is worth it. I got burnt out earlier in lockdown painting gw models and could not get the enthusiasm, probably due to lack of games.

Picking up something totally different (Star Wars rebellion) has helped me get my mojo back. It was like a palette cleanser and just painting something for the joy of it as opposed to the chore 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 6:03 AM, Praecautus said:

I suggest actually doing something else ax a project. Sometimes a break/change to something else is worth it. I got burnt out earlier in lockdown painting gw models and could not get the enthusiasm, probably due to lack of games.

Picking up something totally different (Star Wars rebellion) has helped me get my mojo back. It was like a palette cleanser and just painting something for the joy of it as opposed to the chore 

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm quite excited to do other things. I have about 3 other projects I'm interested in doing.