The Painting Contract - October 2020

TheOtherJosh

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for October 2020!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain or models for Age Of Sigmar, Warcry, Blood Bowl, Blitz Bowl, Warhammer Underworlds, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower / Shadows Over Hammerhal, or Gorechosen.

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe@TheOtherJosh & special  thanks to @Kramer

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

If I can submit a model I should have already finished than I have my half complete "forest zombie dragon" mounted by a wood elf waystalker. It's my take on a wood elf style "dreadlord on black dragon" for my Living City army.  20200919_182007.jpg.784144c5ec651d8bacbe2180afe016f9.jpg

Sure! We welcome all to the painting table! Pull up a chair, we’ve saved you a spot. (I’ve a bunch of those half finished projects ... cultists cultists everywhere .... and those last couple figures from silver tower .... and the boxes of unassembled plastic.)

I will complete the initial construction of my Seraphon display army by building 8 Saurus Knights and another Start Collecting Seraphon box. All that remains to make a 2K army is a box of Terradons and a Stegadon (which haven't been in stock forever it seems). For reference, the lizards will look something like this:

Picture about The Most Colorful Snake, California Red-Sided Garter

Or maybe this:

Pin on Le flibustier inspi

or a combination. Or something completely different. 

For the display board, something like this: 

Maybe. Lots of decisions to be made but I want to do water effects and enough land to be able to have the army stand on... I will be starting a blog and maybe some videos if I can get that paint scheme right.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, kaaras said:

I will complete the initial construction of my Seraphon display army by building 8 Saurus Knights and another Start Collecting Seraphon box. All that remains to make a 2K army is a box of Terradons and a Stegadon (which haven't been in stock forever it seems). For reference, the lizards will look something like this:

Picture about The Most Colorful Snake, California Red-Sided Garter

Or maybe this:

Pin on Le flibustier inspi

or a combination. Or something completely different. 

For the display board, something like this: 

Maybe. Lots of decisions to be made but I want to do water effects and enough land to be able to have the army stand on... I will be starting a blog and maybe some videos if I can get that paint scheme right.

That’s going to look amazing! 

maybe have a look at Louise sugden’s Instagram feed for inspiration on painting in that bright style. That helped me a lot when I tried my bright aetherwings. 

https://instagram.com/savage_ork_guy?igshid=10g4pu2i6n5je

Edited by Kramer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

maybe have a look at Louise sugden’s Instagram feed for inspiration on painting in that bright style. That helped me a lot when I tried my bright aetherwings. 

I agree, her work inspired my dragon on my profile picture, as well as other things I've painted. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rodiger said:

I agree, her work inspired my dragon on my profile picture, as well as other things I've painted. 

Oh that’s gorgeous indeed. 
I must admit though that I find it so much harder than the dark and grimy style I usually like. It’s a good exercise. But I’m forcing my way throughy last four aetherwings in that style. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I must admit though that I find it so much harder than the dark and grimy style I usually like. It’s a good exercise. But I’m forcing my way throughy last four aetherwings in that style. 

I'm the opposite, I found it liberating, I love playing with all the vibrant colours. 

This is probably my best use of that scheme. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I shall paint 2 witch aelves to completion. Anything on top of that is just a bonus, but likely also will:

Finish another Khinerai,

Layer in undercoats on a bunch of Daughters of Khaine now that I’m nearing the end of my current batch.

Maybe get a start on a character... Morgwaeth or a Medusa is looking like a fun switch up.

• Like 2

Ok, so I'm feeling this month, the following is my to-do list.

10 grimghast  reapers

1 knight of shrouds on mount

5 saurus guard

5 Sequitors

5 spacemarine intersessors

1 stormcast character, I'm looking at the store birthday character, the girl with the glaive

Update on the dragon. It's nearly finished. Just needs some highlights on the bones and flesh as well as a glaze on the bloody bits.

Any more experienced painters have any advice on the last and most important step though, freehanding some butterfly esque markings on the wings (like the forest dragons of old)

Pic for example since butterfly is a broad term.

download (11).jpeg