3D Printable Female Kharadron Overlord Masks

pgmason

In the background there are both male and female skyfarers crewing Kharadron skyvessels. Most of the figures are heavily armoured enough that they could be male or female easily enough, but all the masks in the the kits come with stylised beards, implying male wearers.  The fiction mentions female kharadron sometimes wearing masks styled after the goddess Valaya (whereas tte male masks evoke Grugni).  I decided to have a go at sculpting some more feminine masks for my skyfarers. I've given them braided hair and side plaits based on artwork of Valaya, which keeps the silhouette similar to the existing masks.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4602196

These are intended for resin printing, and are my first 3D sculpts from scratch, made using free software called Sculptris.  They should be considered WIP and I will probably re-work them and expand the collection.  

C&C welcome.

• Like 2

You're probably right.  These are actualy the second versions of these I made.  The first looked great on screen but details were virtually invisible on the prints.  These are significantly better but probably still not far enough.  I haven't quite got the hang of how much I need to exaggerate things to get them to look good on tiny pieces. 

That said, I deliberately wanted a 'softer' look for them than the male ones to suggest feminine features.

Speaking as a sculptor to another, the cheekbones are doing some weird things you might want to fix, ie. making them look like clowns which is unfortunate. It's quite a strange look and you might want to focus on filling out the cheeks a bit rather than going and raising their cheekbones too (no offense intended) ridiculous proportions. The masks definitely hide most of the jawline but try not to make their heads circles either.

Edited by Sttufe
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, pgmason said:

You're probably right.  These are actualy the second versions of these I made.  The first looked great on screen but details were virtually invisible on the prints.  These are significantly better but probably still not far enough.  I haven't quite got the hang of how much I need to exaggerate things to get them to look good on tiny pieces. 

That said, I deliberately wanted a 'softer' look for them than the male ones to suggest feminine features.

Rule of thumb for this kind of modeling:

model details in a thickness of about 0.5mm (smallest). This way they‘ll show up nicely.

• 2 weeks later...