What Models Do You Want Updated

Grim Beasties

So decided to make this as spin off to the disappointing units thread were I saw a high frequency of models that look great but don't preform to expectations, with a portion models that did surpassed expectations being on the older side. So just I just wanted to see what models people what updated the most and why.

For me I'd have to say (in no particular order)

1. Icefall Yhetees

2. Butcher and Slaughter Master

3. Maneaters

4. Icebrow Hunters and Frost Sabers

5. Firebelly

6. Spider Riders

7. Maniak Weirdnob, Wardokk, and Wurrgog Prophet

8. Gorgers

9. Madcap Shamans

10. Scuttleboss on Gigantic Spider

Edited by Grim Beasties
  • Like 5

Skaven weapon teams and Acolytes. And Yhetees.

Mainly because it’s difficult to find or customize alternatives for them. Many other outdated units can be circumvented quite easily (e.g. Fenrisian wolves for frostsabers).

Heroes are generally not that much of a problem, I think, since you can spend some time to customize. But homebuilding alternatives for whole battlelines is absurd.

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1

A LOT from the seraphon model range, saurus warriors and knights and everything finecast. Everything finecast for all factions really. 

Sat with my friends, me putting together a razordon missing half the teeth, with bubble holes instead, one friend with a malformed Varghulf and the other with the saddest sabertusks you have ever seen. The guy with the Varghulf is completely new to the hobby and was in disbelief how poor a product the Varghulf was compared to his plastic kits.

• Like 2

I'd like to see new Seraphon and Skaven models as updates. 

For a new/updated army, I'd like to see a generic human army; whether that is a continuation of CoS or something similar but new would be up to them. 

For me personally I'd like to see new Chosen (maybe similar in style to Varanguard), new multipart Chaos Warriors and/or Tzeentch heavy-armored units. But I guess that won't happen, so if it comes to Tzeentch, I hope for plastic updates on our heroes. I love the Curseling but I hate finecast, it's ******. Fatemaster needs an update too.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, nels1031 said:

Dragon Ogor Shaggoth, to get it in line with the relatively recently updated Dragon Ogors.

This is a good call. The actual sculpt isn't too bad as a one off for it's time, but it doesn't really compare to the plastic Ogors, which aren't that new, but still are a nice kit. For an updated version see Creature Caster's Drakon

ZeGFum0.jpg

I'd also mention the Ardboyz, they don't really fit the look of the Ironjawz, just being a re-boxed set of old Black Orcs, but rules wise are one of the best units.

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

A LOT from the seraphon model range, saurus warriors and knights and everything finecast. Everything finecast for all factions really. 

Sat with my friends, me putting together a razordon missing half the teeth, with bubble holes instead, one friend with a malformed Varghulf and the other with the saddest sabertusks you have ever seen. The guy with the Varghulf is completely new to the hobby and was in disbelief how poor a product the Varghulf was compared to his plastic kits.

You can see the miniatures of Lost Kindgom, they have a lot of better seraphon units than GW. For example:

Screenshot_20200918-122226_Wallapop.jpg

Screenshot_20200918-122217_Wallapop.jpg

Edited by Sartxac
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Sartxac said:

You can see the miniatures of Lost Kindgom, they have a lot of better seraphon units than GW. For example:

Unfortunately the models are impossible to buy and at this point Lost Kingdom only sell the 3d files for printing and do not manufacture any models and I do not own or know anyone with a decent 3d printer :/ 

If I did, I'd probably consider a saurus army, but both getting the files and then finding a 3d printing company to make it for me is really a bothersome and expensive process...

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Unfortunately the models are impossible to buy and at this point Lost Kingdom only sell the 3d files for printing and do not manufacture any models and I do not own or know anyone with a decent 3d printer :/ 

If I did, I'd probably consider a saurus army, but both getting the files and then finding a 3d printing company to make it for me is really a bothersome and expensive process...

Oh, this is sadly.  Few years ago they sold minitaures printed in 3d in their matrices. I don't knew that this model of negocy was cancelled, maybe due to a low sales (they had models of orks and other armies). I can't undertand this.

Yhetees definitely, they have perhaps the biggest gulf between how cool the art is and how awful the models are. Winterbite are a cool BCR faction but when one of their prime units looks as bad as that, oof. Sabretusks too but to a lesser extent for the reason Beastmaster outlined above.

Skaven weapon teams are a sad one, same with acolytes. I'd throw in Rat Ogres as well, particularly because there were such incredible plastic models that were then shelved for the rubbish older plastic ones. Likewise for the Warlock Engineers.

Saurus Warriors and Saurus Knights. The Temple Guard hold up well, as do the skinks, but as with the yhetees the art for saurus is so excellent that these static gurning undynamic lumps have very little to offer. Get saurus that look like the art from TW:WH and you're guaranteed a host of new seraphon players. The Slaan being resin isn't fantastic but there's nothing I'd change about that model in the translation to plastic.

StD Chosen are pretty bad and frankly a step back from even the static chaos warriors. That said, I was always more fond of the idea that chosen were visually the same as regular chaos warriors, just with more scars and better paintjobs, so I'd be happy if they stayed as a warscroll or upgrade and the models were simply dumped. There's a few others in the StD range that could do with an update but I'd see them as less vital: the warriors and knights hopefully have new multipart versions waiting in the wings, and I'd be fine if marauders as their own kit went away to be replaced with the Warcry warbands representing various upgrades that could be put on a core warscroll.

Centigors need an upgrade. They're not terrible but they're not very wild, the poses are limited, they're resin and they're expensive. Beastmen chariots as well, such an ancient rickety model for a common enough unit.

Edited by sandlemad

3 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Skeletons: Too static. The Underworlds warband is amazing.

Black knights/Hexwraith kit: Great kit just showing its age a bit.

Ghouls: Compared to the Underworlds warband these are definitely not up to par.

These are just a few I can think of. 

i not have the same opinion for skeletons. I like static miniatures for big hordes.

Other miniatures that needs a upgrade:

Blood knight

The dragon rider of VLoZD

Edited by Sartxac
  • Like 1

Another vote for  Frost Sabers.  I have a 48 kitty cat list I'm dieing to make but there is no way in heck I'm buying 48 finecast  Frost Sabers . 

I know I can proxy (wolves, pigs) but that ruins the theme which is CATS!   I bet with the Underworlds warband we will get plastic cats in the next 2 years as a CAD file exists.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, El Syf said:

Not that I think they need a redsign but Blood Knights need to be in plastic or give us the reassuring (and better quality) weight of METAL!

Plastic, please. Although at this point I'll happily accept quite literally every material known to man, from 6061 aluminium alloy to balsa wood - as long as their insane price tag drops by a factor of (at least) 2. New Blood Knights is my dearest hope - with some luck, Nagash GW won't disappoint...

Oh yeah, definitely Blood Knights. The models are pretty poor to my eyes and even if they're not quite the outlier in terms of cost they once were, they're still way pricier than almost any comparable unit. Hurts as well because the old High Elf Dragon Princes were a way to make better-looking and actually affordable Blood Knights and they've sadly gone west, beyond the sunset...

-The eshin deathmaster

-Gutter Runners

-night runners

-Plague monks

-plague censer bearer

-giant rats

-rat ogres

-packmaster

-Master moulder (although he looks great even if failcast)

-Warlock engineer

-Arch warlock engineer

-Skryre acolytes

-warpfire thrower weapon team

-rattling gun weapon team

-warpgrinder weapon team

And any

thing else I forgot to mention about the skaven, that is either a monkey

man or still made of failcast/ metal.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Black knights/Hexwraith kit: Great kit just showing its age a bit.

I absolutely despise Hexwraiths. The only kit I've got and just thought '****** it I'll use a proxy'.

I have no interest in playing / buying them but it would be really cool to see what they could do with spiders now. The old ones just look really silly and static and with how they get squished onto a cavalry base don't even look very spidery.

All the little guys for BoC are just weird gimpy looking things that could look at lot better with a refresh.

People have said Ghouls so I am going to go with the Horrors/Flayers/etc kit. It just needs an update. Oh and also some proper models for Courtiers would be good.

• Like 1