Wailslake Crotchrot's Tally Band of Nurgle

Wailslake

For the Season of War I got my Nurgle Daemons painted, based, completed and up to 1000 points.  I was able to summon from the rotting depths of the garden (I don't "run" anything or anywhere):

1 Great Unclean One: Wailslake Crotchrot (Akdhoaks'rhaeeeiodeff'yaaimm)

1 Herald of Nurgle: Grabmaggot (Owthloon'nakoui)

2 Units of Plague Bearers: The Brothers Puss and Rotting Hatred

1 Unit of Nurglings: The Sores

1 Units of Plague Drones: The Plague on the Wind

1 Beast of Nurgle: Pestflux

Tally Band Formation

Now, this was all put together as I mainly wanted to try and fit one of every type of figure in the range (except Epidermius) but it has proven to be HIGHLY effective in defeating all comers.  They have flattened IronJaws on three occasions, a combined Aelf and Seraphon force and, most satisfactorily, destroyed a Tzeentch Daemon army with the lose of only two models.

The combination of Disgustingly Resiliant and the Tally Band power (along with some lucky battleshock rolls of 1 with Reality Blinks) have meant that nothing seems to die or if it does, simply rises again!

The Plague on the Wind will often advance with Grabmaggot whose ability to make their To Wound rolls of 6 Mortal has proven the downfall of any elite forces they come across.

I am thinking of summoning more loyal followers from the garden of virulant delight and pushing the force to 1500 points.  Most likely a further unit of Plaguebearers, expanding the Plague of the Wind to 6 Drones and finally adding in Epidermius as an "observer" to Wailslake's progress (and for completness of the range sake).

Does anybody have any advice? Threats? Baseless platitudes?

1 hour ago, Wailslake said:

I am thinking of summoning more loyal followers from the garden of virulant delight and pushing the force to 1500 points.  Most likely a further unit of Plaguebearers, expanding the Plague of the Wind to 6 Drones and finally adding in Epidermius as an "observer" to Wailslake's progress (and for completness of the range sake).

Does anybody have any advice? Threats? Baseless platitudes?

Are you going to field any mortals to go with the list, or possibly skaven pestilens stuff?

I'd also be interested in knowing if the games are interesting with just Nurgle units. I'm about to embark on painting 2500 points of Nurgle mortals, and I'm worried they're going to be really grindy and boring without shooting or variety in magic.

I was thinking of adding a unit or two of Skaven into the mix as I have a whole load still sitting around from 8th edition, including a Brood Mother.

Not sure if I would put in Skaven Pestilens though as, although similar to Nurgle, it seems like they actually worship a debased version in the form of their own Horned Rat.  I more tempted to perhaps model "standard" Skaven who have pledged full alleigiance to Grandfather Nurgle.

Archived