Your most disappointing unit in the game

Mattrulesok

1 hour ago, Sorrow said:

Same here.

They have beautiful models and interesting lore but the rules are just sad.

tfw my sequitor got 3+ 3+ more than champions of slaanesh and I pay 120 for them.  I think Hedonites might get the LRL treatment next year and we get the second half of the rules lol

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Doko said:

Hedonites are overcosted because they have added the cost of free sumon,new slanesh sumon is broken and they can sumon one keeper per turn.

So if they have balanced units its imposible play against them as it would be 3000vs 2000 points.

that's some great design, your 2000 points of army will feel ****** so you can summon 1k of nerfed KoS one per turn that cannot anymore target themselves alone.  

Have the great designers considered not making the summoning core of the faction anymore or it would be too much work to leave to the one intern working on it? 

15 hours ago, Feii said:

tfw my sequitor got 3+ 3+ more than champions of slaanesh and I pay 120 for them.  I think Hedonites might get the LRL treatment next year and we get the second half of the rules lol

I highly doubt it.

Lumineth are far more popular than Hedonites.

8 hours ago, Doko said:

Hedonites are overcosted because they have added the cost of free sumon,new slanesh sumon is broken and they can sumon one keeper per turn.

So if they have balanced units its imposible play against them as it would be 3000vs 2000 points.

Which is a shame, since a lot of people want to play mortal Hedonite lists and summon mechanic makes playing purely mortal lists rather difficult.  Doable, but a lot of our new units are not viable.

3 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Which is a shame, since a lot of people want to play mortal Hedonite lists and summon mechanic makes playing purely mortal lists rather difficult.  Doable, but a lot of our new units are not viable.

I was thinking about this and if they had put the summoning tax into the cost of the fane instead of the hedonites units this would have opened the book to builds without summoning. The rules for summoning would just work if you have a fane on the battlefield that you paid points for. Plus the odd match up where you have to defend the fane from a mega gargant trying to destroy it would have been a fun secondary scenarios 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Feii said:

—>

4 hours ago, Sorrow said:

I highly doubt it.

Lumineth are far more popular than Hedonites.

Mates this is the second release!

Edited by Skreech Verminking

13 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

—>

Mates this is the second release!

is it? Slaaneshi mortals didnt have a proper release and the whole avatar of Slaanesh spawning process is in the process. Wouldn't bee surprised for slaanesh to get a new release within 2 years time. 

1 hour ago, azdimy said:

I was thinking about this and if they had put the summoning tax into the cost of the fane instead of the hedonites units this would have opened the book to builds without summoning. The rules for summoning would just work if you have a fane on the battlefield that you paid points for. Plus the odd match up where you have to defend the fane from a mega gargant trying to destroy it would have been a fun secondary scenarios 

I read the new battletome, it feels like a rushed and overall lazy job in everything, from rules to lore and art. 

What saves the release is the fact that models are beautiful.

1 hour ago, Feii said:

is it? Slaaneshi mortals didnt have a proper release and the whole avatar of Slaanesh spawning process is in the process. Wouldn't bee surprised for slaanesh to get a new release within 2 years time. 

Hedonites had two waves, first being Daemons and now second wave, which are mortals.

If we do get the Newborn model, I said it before, I would have to be a model in rules and aesthetics far above anything else in Hedonite range, after all, it is a avatar of Slaanesh or child of Slaanesh made manifest.

4 minutes ago, Feii said:

no they will be getting Tirion and Phoenixes eventually :) +  something for the water temple 

Those will probably be part of second wave.

That being said, if Lumineth end up getting third wave, all more power to them, they are far more popular faction than ours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sorrow said:

Those will probably be part of second wave.

That being said, if Lumineth end up getting third wave, all more power to them, they are far more popular faction than ours.

I can honestly see them getting 4 waves. (if you count Teclis + March release as one wave then 2, to be fair lumineth were supposed to get all of their range last year but then a worldwide pandemic happened)

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 8:01 PM, Dingding123 said:

Gobbapalooza.  It's 5 distinctly different wacky Grots yet they have the most boring abilities in the Gitz army possible.  Two of them are mages that can't cast Arcane Bolt or Mystic Shield.  One member in particular is complete garbage unless you expect to get a ton of mileage out of specifically Skragrott's ranged attack.  They attack separately despite not being heroes as they're 5 separate units.  Want to know the two abilities they all share?  It's Look Out, Sire and a 4+ and 5+ save for the first two respective battle rounds.  Wow. 

What makes them particularly boring is that their Know-Wots have a 1/3 chance to just not even happen.  This is remedied by taking them as a Battalion, which also buffs the cast rolls on the pair of dunce mages by +1.  But the stupid mages can't learn any Lore of the Moonclans!  They can dispel, cast Endless Spells and cast their close-range gimmick spells, one of which is ignoring a potential Battleshock.  That's about it.  So it costs an additional 110pts to make a wacky ball of loony characters remotely entertaining.

I was really disappointed with Mollog, but I guess he's from Underworlds so maybe he performs well there on his home terf?

For my Beasts of Chaos, Gors never do anything but can't say they're disappointing really cuz I never thought they would do anything.  But the Doombull and Shaggoth, both seem like they should wreck face every time based on looking at them, but they almost never do anything either.  Doombull at least used to have an aura effect and 4 axe attacks, now he's 40 pts cheaper but pretty underwhelming.

For my Ogors the Thundertusk Huskard doesn't cut the mustard.  I mean look at those tusks!  He should be doing 6 damage per hit at 3" with those things even if they're not super rendy.  And he's the frozen one, should be getting some sort of ward save or bonus to dishing out the Everwinter Grasp rolls.  

The couple times I've used my Lord Aquilor with Stormcast she just falls flat and I always end up rolling like a 10 for my Ride the Winds Aetheric.  

• Like 1

For me in the Seraphon book it would most likely be Kroxigor, there isn't really another unit that I think doesn't at least provide some utility and I can place for. Kroxigor just feel forgotten about again, neither of the subfactions really do a great deal for them, there is no real internal synergy for them in the book that isn't more synergistic elsewhere etc. It's a real shame because I bloody love the models and have often gave them a run out, only to be sorely dissapointed and left with the feeling I'm short changing my self.

Blood Warriors. Period. Look at those gorgeous models! They look like absolute killers, ready to harvest those skulls for Khorne. ...And then you look at their warscroll and see that they wound on 4+ and have NO REND. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad! I regularly field 2x10 of them, because I love their models so much. But every time they get to their attacks I'm dying a little inside. They hit like wet noodles. :(

Continuing with the theme of awesome models with poor rules: Lady Olynder. She's an absolute beauty but just doesn't pull heir weight. Her rules aren't utter garbage but she's not worth her points. Sadly, the same goes for Mannfred and Neferata. They too aren't terrible, but are they worth over 300 points? Nope. Let's hope GW gives these Mortarchs some love in the future!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

every single unit in every army  I play is disappointing.

I place them down expecting not to lose any models and they always suffer casualties.  I can only assume that the opponents army is broken as technically I should suffer no casualties on my side. Naturally I'm not happy about it.

Most competitive players opinions summed up nicely 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

every single unit in every army  I play is disappointing.

I place them down expecting not to lose any models and they always suffer casualties.  I can only assume that the opponents army is broken as technically I should suffer no casualties on my side. Naturally I'm not happy about it.

Nerf paper. Buff rock. Scissors are fine.

-Rock main

• Haha 3