KO - Iron Sky Attack Squadron

CompStompa

Question

This battalion states that you can disembark the arkanauts in the battalion before or after a move (as opposed to only before without it). 

Does this apply to the Fly High special rule, e.g. can a ship teleport then unload in the same movement phase?

Fly high can be used “instead of a normal move” and the model is then “set up” out of 9” from enemy units so I’m not sure it counts as a “move” for the purposes of this battalion. 

1 answer to this question

Yeah, I'd say Flying High doesn't count as a move, and you can't disembark after it even in an Iron Sky Attack Squadron.

The bit that convinced me of this is the difference in wording between the Flying Transport rule (emphasis mine):

Units cannot join or leave this model’s garrison if it has made a move or flown high in the same phase (they can join or leave before it does so).

And the Bold Privateers rule:

ARKANAUT COMPANY units from this battalion can leave an ARKANAUT FRIGATE from the same battalion either before or after it has moved.

Flying Transport makes a clear distinction between moving and flying high. Bold Privateers only mentions moving, so we have to assume it does not apply after flying high.