rule clarification for gothizzar harvesters

attican

Hello! Recently i played a game against my brothers OBR army, my Gotrek did 14 mortal wounds to his unit of 10 mortek guard which normally should wipe the unit but he brought 8 of them back with his harvester. To my understanding if i wipe the unit they shouldn't be able to come back? if there was at least 1 left then he could but for some reason i thought if they all died in 1 go they can't return. It really jammed up my Gotrek and he was stuck there for the entire game because the guard just kept coming back.

Hoping someone can clear this up for us, thanks!!

ye with the addition that he needs to be in range, if harvester is in range of all 10, then yes. if harvester is in range of e.g. 1, then you need to allocate and save for that one (ie do the saves one by one), as long as he succeeds he can bring that guy back again and again but if he fails the roll that model is removed and harvester would no longer be in range.

in rules context harvester triggers of models (not units) in 3" dying. And wounds are allocated 1 at a time (pg 7 in core rules)

cheers 

Hi Guys,

Not a great rules person but I would read this slightly differently. looking at the warscroll on the GW website (I don't play OBR so do't have the battletome) it says "Roll a dice each time a model is slain within 3" of this model. On a 4+ pick a friendly OB unit within 6" and heal one wound allocated to it." My reading is that the Mortek model is slain and removed from the table, you then pick a unit and heal wounds as described. As the Mortek model is dead there are no wounds on the unit, so you can't heal a wound on that unit.

My reasoning is that the Lord Arcanum cycle of the storm states "when a friednly SCE model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing it you can heal 1 wound."

2 hours ago, Phil D said:

Hi Guys,

Not a great rules person but I would read this slightly differently. looking at the warscroll on the GW website (I don't play OBR so do't have the battletome) it says "Roll a dice each time a model is slain within 3" of this model. On a 4+ pick a friendly OB unit within 6" and heal one wound allocated to it." My reading is that the Mortek model is slain and removed from the table, you then pick a unit and heal wounds as described. As the Mortek model is dead there are no wounds on the unit, so you can't heal a wound on that unit.

My reasoning is that the Lord Arcanum cycle of the storm states "when a friednly SCE model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing it you can heal 1 wound."

This is incorrect. Read the rest of the ability. It explicitly states that you can return a number of models to that unit equal to the number of wounds. Harvesters in a block of guard essentially give them a 4+++ revive until you run out of guard within 3 inches of the harvester.