Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

19 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Awesome. You have a converted Cathallar or AoA character? I think when we saw the first glimpse of the cloud mage and Lady Regent, they were painted in the Iliatha scheme. And Iliatha is also missing a comman trait, so it’s not impossible that the wind temple will be located there : ) 

I hope they follow the Ymetrica pattern of giving each Temple a Realm where they are more established, If only to allow a wider range of "Battleline if" units.  I agree Illiatha feels the most likely.  I hope the Regent gets a choice of command traits and access to artifacts - It would be slightly annoying if they couldn't be a General in their home Realm.

52 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Awesome. You have a converted Cathallar or AoA character? I think when we saw the first glimpse of the cloud mage and Lady Regent, they were painted in the Iliatha scheme. And Iliatha is also missing a comman trait, so it’s not impossible that the wind temple will be located there : ) 

The Cathallar is from Raging Heroes. Not sure if I keep her. She is a little too sexy I think 😅

PXL_20210123_131912421.jpg.a524b5f57a83f8a2cec3faac715c90c4.jpg

Edited by Sonnenspeer
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So the latest reveals have clawed me back to AoS. The white and gold armour killed me doing it before (trims are the devil), so I did a quick redo of the armour in silver. What do you guys think?

B0A526AD-AF51-4512-878C-59D099B18560.jpeg

Looks good. I think I will do the same with the other half of my vanari units. Either metal or white like the illathia. The white and gold looks awesome, but it's really a pain to do for me and I don't feel like I can do it smooth.

6 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Looks good. I think I will do the same with the other half of my vanari units. Either metal or white like the illathia. The white and gold looks awesome, but it's really a pain to do for me and I don't feel like I can do it smooth.

Thanks. Yep same reason for me, it’s just too painful to paint haha, but it does look really good in the white and gold. But I can see myself actually painting the army if I do silver. You’ll have to chuck up a pic of you try just the white, I’m curious myself.

• Like 1

@Tiberius501I like it! Silver and Blue always match nice and the creamy white and darker blue offer a nice contrast also. :)
I am so looking forward if there are any other paint schemes in the Broken Realms Book! Perhaps even for other Great Nations? Currently I plan to redo my Army in Yellow and light Blue 😅. I will post pictures if they are somewhat presentable.

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • LOVE IT! 1

@Tiberius501 classic high elf look, silver, white and blue just looks good. Great you are back: ). One advice (because I’ve run into this problem now) is to think how you separate the various temples and Vanari from each other, while still having currency. 

I thought I had this “smart” idea, but now with another temple already incoming, doesn’t look very smart any more. 😅

@Aloth_Corfiser great to also see you returning : ) . It sounds a bit like one of the best schemes I have seen so far, and I wish I had had that idea, before I had painted already 70plus models. I wouldn’t be able to paint it that well, but a similar scheme should also work nicely. 

2761D8D4-0370-47C3-A20C-6FE2916055BF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

Thanks guys :) I’ll be doing the other 9 duders, along with the Dawnrider I did, in the silver tomorrow, and then I gotta start work on the other Dawnriders to get those ****** out of the way!

@Aloth_Corfiser, that sounds like a great scheme, keen to see them whenever you get some painted!

@LuminethMage, those dudes look ace! They yours? I really like the contrast between the dark robes and light armour. 

• Like 2

Not a lot of time to paint over the past month, but I have made some progress on my first unit of Sentinels. With the two I've finished today, I'm past the halfway point - still a ways to go considering how slow my painting tends to be, but I'm really enjoying painting these guys (especially after the Dawnriders, whew)! One thing that has stood out in particular is that while some people were critical of the exaggerated features on some of the faces when the Lumineth were first released, they can look very characterful when painted:

caIJbRU.jpg

RwHAVKA.jpg

b6NuDBk.jpg

Up until now I haven't really been all that worried about how long I'm taking on these guys, but now that I've seen all the new units they're previewing I'm really hoping I can grind through the rest of my Wardens and Sentinels before the next wave of releases! The new Lord-Regent and the fox spirit in particular are just awesome looking.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 5

8 hours ago, Tiberius501 said:

Thanks guys :) I’ll be doing the other 9 duders, along with the Dawnrider I did, in the silver tomorrow, and then I gotta start work on the other Dawnriders to get those ****** out of the way!

@Aloth_Corfiser, that sounds like a great scheme, keen to see them whenever you get some painted!

@LuminethMage, those dudes look ace! They yours? I really like the contrast between the dark robes and light armour. 

No they aren’t, sadly. I just saw that on a discord channel and thought that’s one of the best schemes I’ve seen so far. Mine are painted according to the Zaitrec scheme (and not as good, lol).

On 1/24/2021 at 1:12 PM, LuminethMage said:

@Tiberius501 classic high elf look, silver, white and blue just looks good. Great you are back: ). One advice (because I’ve run into this problem now) is to think how you separate the various temples and Vanari from each other, while still having currency. 

I thought I had this “smart” idea, but now with another temple already incoming, doesn’t look very smart any more. 😅

@Aloth_Corfiser great to also see you returning : ) . It sounds a bit like one of the best schemes I have seen so far, and I wish I had had that idea, before I had painted already 70plus models. I wouldn’t be able to paint it that well, but a similar scheme should also work nicely. 

2761D8D4-0370-47C3-A20C-6FE2916055BF.jpeg

Hey LuminethMage,

I like your colors! What did you use for your armor? It looks a bit like bone. I like it a lot!

Realised I should probably be posting my practice Lumineth in here rather than in the general chat thread - I had an Eltharion lying around and couldnt resist painting him up in my "Gloomineth" scheme, just because he's that great a model. 

For anyone who didn't see my other posts in the General thread, I'm aiming for a narrative based sinister moon-cult Lumineth rather than the shiny "good guy" style of the current Lumineth. The basic idea is that they were a noble house that caught or exiled into a pocket realm by one of their enemies during the Ocari Dara - the realm is only lit by the light of a shattered moon and they have become rather bitter and malevolent thanks to their exile. Incidentally, I bloody love the art that accompanies the Ocari Dara pages in the Battletome - it's all the grim Lumineth evidence I needed to spin off of. 

Anyways, enough rambling, here's a Moon-Light Of Eltharion:

tWAUTx9.jpg?1

2arizb2.jpg?2

FLU9Z7A.jpg?1

P2c77FS.jpg?1

Entirely done for fun - while I will more than likely have Eltharion in my army list, I've got something else entirely in mind to represent him with. 

Edited by KnaveOfScribes
  • Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5