Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

23 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

So I’ve been mulling this scheme over for a while (I posted it before) and something feels off about it. I feel like it has too much pale down the bottom on the skirt and not enough higher up, putting too much focus on his lower half.

Any suggestions? I was considering replacing the pale blue bits in the plume with the cream for a start.

Have you decided on a certain main colour for your bases yet? This can change so much when maybe a single array of flowers in a conplementary colour is added. :) Maybe a snowy Base would remove the focus from the pale cloth and emphasize the Plume and Armour?
Considering my own pondering about paint schemes - it also depends so much on the Angle - one time I couldn't stand to look at the shields of my Vanari because I liked everything about them bar the shields. That has changed after a few experiments and now the Shield-Rune and its surrounding colour tie it all together :D

I think I have said it before - but I like your Scheme a lot and I if I were you - I would finish the Base and see how it works from there. :)

In my own decision process:
For example
I chose simple green Grass Bases again and they may be plain but they complement my other main colours (Blue, yellow, white) really well and without the grass it wouldn't look as good to me as it is now.

Edit: Also I painted all my Base Rims with Abadonn Black, as I think it is the least distracting method and it works really well. ;)

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Like 1

Across the Mountains and Highlands of Ilithia the silence and still is disrupted with the sound of thunder, though no clouds hang the air. As the Slaaneshi ranks formed into rank and file, they began to march towards the aelven and hathorian line when a great form became visible in the distance. Soon the head became more clear, large curled tusks reached out past its maw and a large horn stretched towards Hysh's light, even still it had large fangs that showed when it would give out a bellow. Not only was the size of the creature worrisome, but so was the magnificent shrine on its back that it carried with no effort, a shrine of a Living Mountain.

As the battle began, battlelines crashing into each other, it was not long before the behemoth joined into the killing field. Under hooves bodies broke, seekers ripped in half, slaangors skewered on its tusks, the monster was a living avalanche of destruction. What was already a blood bath turned bloodier still, the living spirit of the shrine began to throw boulders afar and causing rockslides to fall upon calvary and infantry charges alike. Each time a castle's worth of boulders would crash down, new rock from the shrine would materialize from the spirit as a new assault was launched unrelentingly.

This is the first true behemoth for the Hathorians, the Thunderhoof and it is equipped with not only its natural size and weaponry but also a mighty Living Mountain Shrine.

The Living Mountain Shrine is a sacred shrine built to honor a mountain spirit that a Hathorian Fold has communed with, but also is how the Hathorians bring the mountain spirits to war with them, though in a more natural form than the Lumineth mountain war forms. From atop their shrine, the mountain spirit constantly shifts the size and shape of the mountain itself as rockslides, mudslides, and other powers of the mountain are unleashed. Reports of giant hands made of stone are said to even through house-sized boulders into enemy lines. The giant sacred stone in the middle of the shrine is pure crude aetherquartz from the center of the mountain, used to heal allies and obliterate foes, the sacred stone is a devastating weapon attached to an already devastating Thunderhoof.

Below is the pre-greenstuff build of the Thunderhoof with Living Mountain Shrine, though it is still missing a tail as I decide which to give it. Also included a pure Hathorian photo to show what is built so far. I have also made a warscroll for it, at the moment I am pricing it at 280 points as I feel it is somewhere between the price of an Engine of the Gods and a Spirit of the Mountain.

Can be a Spirit of the Mountain stand in, which I'll definitely be doing :)

Let me know what you think!

20210221_194159.jpg

20210221_194300.jpg

20210221_194358.jpg

20210221_194439.jpg

20210221_194549.jpg

20210221_194646.jpg

20210221_194744.jpg

20210221_194817.jpg

• Like 5

@Sinarai, doyou mean the rim of the base? That’s just white undercoat atm, I need to paint it dark brown haha. I haven’t finished the base yet, still need to add texture and grass and such too. 

@Aloth_Corfiser, that’s very true, and thanks :). I’ll do the base and see how it looks then. Simple grass bases are honestly a good choice. I’m doing something similar on my army, leaving some dirt showing, and adding flowers, though I’m still unsure about the flowers haha. They look good on the Dawnrider’s base though so I reckon I’ll go through with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

@Sinarai, doyou mean the rim of the base? That’s just white undercoat atm, I need to paint it dark brown haha. I haven’t finished the base yet, still need to add texture and grass and such too. 

@Aloth_Corfiser, that’s very true, and thanks :). I’ll do the base and see how it looks then. Simple grass bases are honestly a good choice. I’m doing something similar on my army, leaving some dirt showing, and adding flowers, though I’m still unsure about the flowers haha. They look good on the Dawnrider’s base though so I reckon I’ll go through with it.

Nah, right next to thr lower chainmail

Screenshot_20210222-102744_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Ah that’s just the lighting. The pic got a little too much exposer because I’m really bad at photography. That did, however draw me to the fact that I got some silver on the skirt, just bellow  the tasset. 

Ha! Glad I could help in some way lol

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, OkayestDM said:

@Tiberius501 You could change the sleeve and collar color to something brighter. The model would then be more "bright" in general, and the comparative darkness of the armor would actually be more eye-catching.

I second this idea.  I painted the collar/sleeve/robe all the same color, which helps tie it all in.  And as said above, this would add some "light" to the upper area.

• Like 2

Now, I'm almost done with my 10 sentinels (and maybe 10 more...), and am looking ahead to my last set of Wardens.  I usually do a "troop" in the Alt Ymetrica scheme, then any others in whatever scheme.....  For my other 10 Wardens, I want to try the Iliathia scheme (Orange/Red/White). And to continue my "design" I'm using Color Shift paints on the robes.  SO!  Here's some samples for my Robes:  Base coated with Monumental Hobbies Pro Acrylic's burnt Orange.  Then lovingly coated with color shifts:  Nebula Copper from Green Stuff World, and Floor is Lava and Afterburner from TurboDork.

I'm leaning towards Afterburner....

Thoughts?

IMG_1589.jpeg.b31f5a788117797a7c2a09aee94aaf96.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg.d7c0b64cb2a7e8220715bd5991b0d98e.jpeg

IMG_1592.jpeg.1d604a1fc39a59715f0b72a433c7a184.jpeg

IMG_1590.jpeg.7d6d04650b7b403faed46ed77deb09ef.jpeg

IMG_1591.jpeg.8986ff2f0881907b231d7a301a97d5b1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Tiberius501 said:

So I’ve been mulling this scheme over for a while (I posted it before) and something feels off about it. I feel like it has too much pale down the bottom on the skirt and not enough higher up, putting too much focus on his lower half.

Any suggestions? I was considering replacing the pale blue bits in the plume with the cream for a start.

266261E7-39C4-4FFF-84D9-F98E4444B892.jpeg

It could also just be the rim of the base playing tricks on my eyes and the balance of the scheme.

Instead of adding cream to the plume, you could paint the trim of the skirts with the paler blue from the plume.  That might balance it up.   Looking nice, though.

• Like 1

@Wyliekyote, The collar and sleeves are the same colour as the rest of the robes, but I did leave them more affected by the shade, so I will try fixing that up more to brighten them up a little more.

I also reckon After Burner looks the best from those pics, seems to best represent the bright yellowy-orange of the original scheme, and looks pretty nice.

@Aelfric, hmm that’s a good idea I shall definitely give that a go!

• Like 1

Hey all, just discovered this discussion page, and it might be more suitable to post my models here than the other lumineth page. I have painted up this little force for New Year New Army over the past month and a bit. I was going for a darker theme, although I havent decided on a final lore for them yet. I am thinking either a wandering force in Hysh that patrols the darker crevasses, caves and magically cursed parts of their own realm OR a force that is stationed in a forward-operating-base around a realm gate in shyish. Would love any critiques on the painting and the lore! Thanks.

167BE520-8E0A-4D7D-A9D1-79B31FDB8CAA.png

0C570D36-A76C-4ED5-8CD7-D05E837629F7.png

8F34C8A0-BCCB-4B73-99DC-0273D4F59D7F.png

0040A622-D029-4900-951C-B245D2485383.jpeg

07315080-933F-44C3-8B7B-DDF52F2FA311.jpeg

49379446-0475-4C99-A1DE-8A36AA4FBBAA.jpeg

0AEC1865-94E7-4B14-81A8-BBEACD225DA2.png

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 3

The Stonemage Ehtiodion’s the Stoic’s call to assemble was heeded by several ranks of Stoenguard, half of the force is now ready to take part in campaigns. His order to produce a mask for a mighty mountain spirit to inhabit has fallen on deaf ears though. Ethidion made sure that the temple knew he wasn’t pleased, thereby losing his moniker “the Stoic”. Ehtidion the Noisy Avalanche hopes that there won’t be any further delays. 

B4ADFABE-A6D1-4450-94E8-5CFA5BC62243.jpeg

5127EF01-CB71-4DCD-A101-B73C95CAFC10.jpeg

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 11

Well, between work stuff, moving into a new house, and my own excruciatingly slow painting speed, I haven't been particularly productive recently. I did, however, finally finish my first unit of 10 Sentinels this weekend! While I could maybe nitpick that I'd like a couple more head options for them, on the whole I found these guys to be a real joy to build and paint:

IMG_4786.jpg.6d258707f7841cdc870ef6706a724f06.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg.7c154a57552c02c824296a988958cd19.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg.e0df3b95636e6b6b869ad40e4c68a2a1.jpg

My Cathallar's up next on the painting table, which should (hopefully!) be a quicker 140 points to finish than these were. Still got a whole lot of grey to wade through before I can convince the wife I need to buy any of the new models, though! Looking at the Blademasters and Lord-Regent is one way to keep motivating myself, at least!

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 2/22/2021 at 4:00 PM, Tiberius501 said:

266261E7-39C4-4FFF-84D9-F98E4444B892.jpeg

It could also just be the rim of the base playing tricks on my eyes and the balance of the scheme.

perhaps try to paint the emblem on the breast plate ? eg light blue, and use same on the trim of coat?

I had a friendly match against a Tempest Eye list. My opponent was so nice to ask for Teclis, so I could bring him on the table. Almost half of my army was shot off the table in R1 & R2, but Teclis had a really great round of Searing White Light, plus Living Fissure, where I could take a bit of revenge. Was great fun. 

3D2A035F-5438-4935-AC72-59F3EDDE63CC.jpeg

D504C827-4153-4BAC-B78C-26A6978F1598.jpeg

909A597F-BF58-42CA-8DA5-48B36C2CEAEE.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey everyone! Hope you all are doing well!

Now that my big kitbash project is over, I have decided to get back to my Wardens until my attention span dictates I change projects, again. However, until then I am aiming to finish my unit of 10, starting with the High Warden.

This is as of last night my current progress on the High Warden. Basic same color scheme with a few differences such as Lunarmetal instead of Sunmetal for her sword, Plumes being slightly different color, and of course her back banners which have colors representing the Sun & Moon sides of Hysh. I have also made her skin tone a more moon-tone, which you can faintly see.

As for finished projects... I finished my Hathorian Living Mountain Shrine & Lumineth Spirit of the Mountain Stand-in! The Ovibos (the animal itself) came out so well, the fur work looks beautiful painted. I am immensely excited & proud of the Jade armor work, first time doing jade so extensively. I also love the two different species of trees that grow from Mountain’s Spirit & Shrine, I call the two on top Cherry Blossom Birch; Birch is my favorite tree so i try to work it in lol

I have yet to work as deeply on my Ilithian homebrew as my Hathorian homebrew, but its coming along :)

also sharing the warscroll for the Living Mountain Shrine that id love some thoughts on!

C&C on anything is welcome!

20210306_000621.jpg

20210306_000640.jpg

20210306_001121.jpg

20210306_001203.jpg

20210306_001223.jpg

20210301_170427.jpg

20210301_170509.jpg

20210301_171247.jpg

20210301_170615.jpg

20210301_171330.jpg

20210302_142438.jpg