Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

Lessons learned

- I can mix shyish purple with screamer pink and produce the same base color

- it's actually easier to use in my experience over the army painter stuff I got.

- got to be patient on the face - had an unfortunate mishap with the eyes and it went downhill lol, can only salvage what I had, but better than ruining it lol.

-The canoptek alloy over runelord brass color is basically the same pale gold all the lumineth players hate creating with dryad bark and liberator gold on the trim. - corax white on a wet pallet is basing white in easy mode

- Overall, a successful test - but there are some things I can definitely improve to make it look smoother.  :)

gD26PH9.jpg

7Gr28E0.jpg

2omYuip.jpg

Tc5jHiQ.jpg

R8FIBml.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 6

Ethidion the Stoic, Stonemage of the Order of the Moonlit Peaks is assembling the warriors of the temple, and also started the ritual to create a war mask for the spirit of mount Orovelai. He lost some of his stoicism after he found out that a rival wind temple is joining the fray soon.

47041899-239B-48BA-82B0-E960E2E48DE6.jpeg

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

What did you use for bronze? I'm really liking how everything came together (maybe I'd prefer brighter bases).

Thank you, the bronze is castellax bronze and sycorax bronze, then runefang steel. On the darker parts I use agraxa earthshade for shading, on the lighter, “metal” parts agraxa earthshade gloss. The larger areas with the pattern are drybrushed a little bit with castellax after shading to bring out the pattern. 

Edited by LuminethMage

On 2/6/2021 at 11:04 AM, LuminethMage said:

Ethidion the Stoic, Stonemage of the Order of the Moonlit Peaks is assembling the warriors of the temple, and also started the ritual to create a war mask for the spirit of mount Orovelai. He lost some of his stoicism after he found out that a rival wind temple is joining the fray soon.

47041899-239B-48BA-82B0-E960E2E48DE6.jpeg

That white is CLEAN.  

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tiberius501 said:

Gotta say, @LuminethMage, I’m really liking that scheme and am slightly tempted to do it myself. Looks tasty af. Nice work :D 

Thank you, glad to hear that. ^^ I really like how the bronze armor came out. The rest, I just want to have it close to my other Zaitrec units. If not for that, probably adding a few more colors (for example the cape) might look better. 

@Austin Thank you, I think these are around 10 to 15 layers of white to get it halfway right : ) (the photo also helps >>). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Thank you, glad to hear that. ^^ I really like how the bronze armor came out. The rest, I just want to have it close to my other Zaitrec units. If not for that, probably adding a few more colors (for example the cape) might look better. 

@Austin Thank you, I think these are around 10 to 15 layers of white to get it halfway right : ) (the photo also helps >>). 

And that right there....is why I don't paint white haha.  But seriously looks good!

• Thanks 1

Totally forgot to post this one up, but my Lumineth practice continued with the Cathallar - a bloody lovely model once you remove all the oversized over-the-top bits, really lets the model breath and the simplicity show through.  Although there's nothing that can help that huge right foot...

drlJ9Bp.jpg?1

QbxShgQ.jpg?1

kBQOL2l.jpg?1

W8zk91i.jpg?1

YUIxgHb.jpg?1

rPbrCs5.jpg?1

Really happy with her, to the point where she might make it into the final army instead of the Mistweaver conversion I had in mind for my Cathallar. We shall see. 

Also painted up the Direchasm warband, so I'll sort the pics for those out later today or tomorrow. Really want to crack on with the project fully, but also kinda want to wait for the BR Teclis book and the new stuff before I make any hard decisions on what's in. 

I guess I could sort out the core 1k of batteline stuff though...

• Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 hour ago, KnaveOfScribes said:

Really want to crack on with the project fully, but also kinda want to wait for the BR Teclis book and the new stuff before I make any hard decisions on what's in. 

I guess I could sort out the core 1k of batteline stuff though...

Wait, you're not just buying everything four times? People do that?? 😅

Lovely Scinari and great conversion. It can be tough making black look so silky, but you succeeded!

2 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I love the Sentinel Idea with the Steedmaster Sword -might have to steal that for my planned Great Company of 20 Sentinels. :P How did you do the bases? 

Thanks! It was easy to customize that! 

For the base I used something I saw at Twitter last year. 

- Agrellan Badland texture paint

Paint Agrax Earthshade when its dry.

When the shade is dry, dry brush in the following order.
- Steel legion drab
- Karak Stone
- Usabti Bone

I also painted the rims with steel legion drab.

Then i added middenland tufts and Mordheim turf and some bushes from army painter? Or maybe it is spring flowers, to make it more alive.  

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Did you use contrast-blue?

The bright blue is Talassar blue contrast. The robes are a mix with Talassar and Leviadon blue (Both contrast). The darker rims are Leviadon blue. I used Teclis blue to make it brighter at several spots. 

Edited by Howdyhedberg
  • Thanks 1

Test scheme for my Lumineth, basically taking heavy inspiration from Phil Kelly's.

I used Flesh Tearers Red but I think in future I'm going to go with a non-contrast red on things like cloaks and clothes (Mephiston to Evil Sunz to Wilder Rider probably). It's helpful for doing the plumes though.

20210207_103313.jpg

Edited by Bosskelot
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Bosskelot said:

Test scheme for my Lumineth, basically taking heavy inspiration from Phil Kelly's.

I used Flesh Tearers Red but I think in future I'm going to go with a non-contrast red on things like cloaks and clothes (Mephiston to Evil Sunz to Wilder Rider probably). It's helpful for doing the plumes though.

20210207_103313.jpg

Contrast red is fine, but you have to highlight anyway to get a quality look, so it's really a question of what you are going to undercoat with I think. 

Finally sorted the pics of Myari's Purifiers - great models, had to leave off the camping backpacks because they are a little... well, dumb. 

45DAZUm.jpg?1

V8HnXJC.jpg?1

oAi5ngN.jpg?1

Q2tQ8N1.jpg?1

DCF7WDB.jpg?1

X25uBYR.jpg?1

NcrMX4w.jpg?1

WFGWVIL.jpg?1

rc0lit3.jpg?1

That's all the practice stuff done now - I've got the first 20 spears and 10 bows ready to build so will be cracking on with those at some point soon. Hoping that BR: Teclis gets a release date soon so I can plan the project properly...

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

So I’ve been mulling this scheme over for a while (I posted it before) and something feels off about it. I feel like it has too much pale down the bottom on the skirt and not enough higher up, putting too much focus on his lower half.

Any suggestions? I was considering replacing the pale blue bits in the plume with the cream for a start.

266261E7-39C4-4FFF-84D9-F98E4444B892.jpeg

It could also just be the rim of the base playing tricks on my eyes and the balance of the scheme.

Edited by Tiberius501
  • Like 2