Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

I wrote a bit of a narrative to “commemorate” my first matches against a friend with my Lumineth. I haven’t done this for a long time, so it got a bit too long, but hopefully it's a bit fun to read for some people here. The great heraldic for my Moonspire Guard of Tor Zillion was done by @Gecktron. Many thanks!

1778281913_Zaitrec_new_1copy.jpg.0e521e15efdb83baf9a9faac59f74036.jpg

Arithelle of Meluvane, Cathallarian Mystic of the Scroll of the Moonspire Guard of Tor Zillion felt dizzy, possibly a side effect of the Realmgate she had used to get back from the Charwind Coast to the Moonspire. Or maybe it was because she was still unsure what had transpired over the last few days. She was about to report to Caelir, the leader of their order, to explain what had happened, but wasn't sure if she really could, if she had made any mistakes or the whole string of events could have been prevented. At least she was back in Hysh and started thinking more clearly again. She didn't like how Aqshy tended to - besides all the precautions taken - dampen ones mental acumen, but raised ones emotions. Above all, she should have been prepared for something like this, spending countless hours on books and scrolls about Aqshy and its strange inhabitants, even going so far as to travel to Xintil once to speak to humans and other folk. 

128664881_IMG_7999copy.jpg.a6eca9b545065d4d27302b7199e94940.jpg

She cleared her mind and reflected on the events: 

- She, as the head of a small vanguard force, had been sent to the Aqshyan Charcoast to establish a foothold there. There were two underlying motives for that: One, to secure the area in preparation to cleanse the spreading taint of Chaos with Hyshian purity magic. Two, to find out more about the murky political situation in that area of Aqshy and make allies if possible. The Light of Eltharion was accompanying them for reasons unknown to her, hinting at further ulterior motives to their quest. 

- They had make good progress on the first part. A small spire fortress was erected via magic on a defendable high pass in a secluded area of the Charwind Coast's mountains. A few days away from a city of the Thunderer God called Anvilgard, and right in an area where the Chaos taint had already spread enough to weaken the borders of reality. In a few weeks they would be able to start with the process of ritual cleansing.

- The second part on the other hand, had been a disaster, and the reason for her short return to Hysh. It all had started when a force of darkly clad and armored minions of the Thunderer, guarded by Aqshian aelves had been spotted in the vicinity of their encampment. For many nights she had had dark visions of these, and how their continued presence could interfere with the Chaotic energies of the area and also make the full extend of the Lumineth forces at the Charwind Coast known. Therefore, she had went with a small group of bodyguards, including the inscrutable Eltharion to convince them to leave the area and turn back.

- She had explained her ominous visions, and of the bad augurs Celennar and the Aqushian moons warned her about, if the Sigmarian forces stayed in the area and other valid reason why they should take another road to wherever they want to go, but the minions of the Thunderer couldn’t be reasoned with, and were insisting that they couldn’t afford any delay because of some squabble in Anvilgard. But she had read up on that place in preparation, and such squabbles seemed to be a normality. Their arguments just didn't add up. How could such a minor change to their route be of such importance? 

- In the end diplomacy had failed and it had come to blows. The battle was most illuminating. It was the first time that she faced a spell caster from the Thunderer’s minions. She wasn’t that impressed, they hadn’t been able to stop any of her force's spells, besides when one of them used a kind of magical device. She on the other hand had a chance to become accustomed to their Storm Magic and study ways how to better stop it. She counted that as one of the few successes in this whole sordid affair.

- Her forces had seemed capable to handle the enemy, although they lost a whole unit of their Luminous Guard to toxic outpourings of one of the horrid beasts the shadowy aelves brought with them. They managed to drive the forces of the Thunderer back, even taking out his metal clad minions, and follow the retreat of the opponent back to a fortified village. 

She hoped that there wouldn’t be any further clashes with them, so she could focus on her real quest, but it might not be avoidable. With her thoughts thus ordered, she entered the hall to meet with Caelir. 

IMG_8033.jpg.052ee51d8d23b3a0830ae53b5bac1a89.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg.9750ffed60a00a649313c37394a10b16.jpg

Arik Holborne, Fleetmaster and leader of the Privateer forces of Fùllholme, a military outpost a few days away form Anvilgard, was in a foul mood. This seemed to be his normal condition lately. His predicament started a few weeks back. First, his forces were ordered to look into the phenomenon of strange, chaotic runes appearing on the mountain slopes in this area of the Charwind Coasts. Then, not much later, patrols and supply convoys started to disappear without trace. He tried to do best with his stretched forces, the only leeway being that the nearby Idoneth enclave seemed to had ceased their raids. 

Then, they heard rumors about some conflict brewing in Anvilgard, more than the usual squabbles, and shortly after that, just a few days ago, they lost complete contact with the City. Even the Knight-Vexillor, and the formal head of their forces, the Knight-Incantor Jaresta the Exemplar, couldn’t find out what was going on. They decided to take the risk and send a group of his forces guarding the two Stormcast back to Anvilgard, to discover the truth. He was also glad to get rid of their meddling, but first had to bring them to Anvilgard. Well, now they are gone, albeit not in the way he had imagined, but they wouldn’t interfere for a while at least. Not that they were of much help during the battle. 

It had started quite well, after hastily assembling a force of his corsairs, charioteers and beastmasters they went onto the hidden paths through the mountains, a comparatively fast, and above all, save way to reach Anvilgard from Fùllholme. Lacking manpower and ranged capabilities, speed and avoiding larger fights had been his main objective. They had made good progress until one of their scouts came back with the information that apparently their estranged kin from Hysh were blocking the mountain pass a few leagues in front of them. They had to pass through this area, or turn back, costing them many days in the process, and making their journey much more dangerous. That had been a surprise. 

Trying to avoid a battle he was glad when a parley was arranged, but it became clear very fast during the negotiations that the outcome wouldn’t be good. The apparent leader of the Hyshian aelves, a strange, veiled witch was babbling utter nonsense about moons and bad omens, while giving no heed to their reasoning. She was accompanied by silent, glowing piece of armour, that just stood around menacingly. Even the Knight-Incantor was at a loss what to make of the situation. 

IMG_8031.jpg.8e65ab999973ae5423e52b2ea18b9c24.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg.6cf808c05b8a899d7f9c397eb898f074.jpg

Not knowing much about their enemy had been a problem. Their beastmasters had learned at their expense that charging their creatures into the dazzling light of the Hyshian phalanx was exactly what the enemy wanted. At least their acid had made the enemy pay somewhat for the loss. And that strange witch had been a terror on the battlefield, making his normally formidable charioteers cower in fear and his men run in panic. Worse, the Stormcast seemed to be incapable of stopping the Hyshian magic, while not being able to do much at all themselves. He doesn’t harbour that thought often, but he wished he had convinced one of the Darkling Sorceresses to join them for this task. 

His forces had to retreat back to Fùllholme. At least the enemy seemed to be utterly incapable of using stealth, so they easily managed to avoid any further fighting, and made it back mostly intact.

At least he knew more about how the enemy fights and here near his outpost he had more of his troops at hand. Those glowing aelves would pay dearly for what they had done. 

1003562010_Zaitrec_new_2copy.PNG.7501c612b09d44c95c1ab29ceab29fa2.PNG

Edited by LuminethMage
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 4

16 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

I wrote a bit of a narrative to “commemorate” my first matches against a friend with my Lumineth. I haven’t done this for a long time, so it got a bit too long, but hopefully it's a bit fun to read for some people here.

Nicely done! Im always happy to see some narrative battlereports! 
Even though im a Lumineth Player, I sympathized with the Anvilgard force here. "Anvilgard endures!" and all that, you understand 

6 hours ago, Jeremierty said:

Hi everyone,

Here is my Avalenor and Eltharion, such a joy to paint ! Really not looking forward to start the dawnriders as they seem to be such a exhausting model to get through :/

Great job, the white looks really good! I was so intimidated by the studio colorscheme, so I have great respect for you being able to pull it off!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gecktron said:

Nicely done! Im always happy to see some narrative battlereports! 
Even though im a Lumineth Player, I sympathized with the Anvilgard force here. "Anvilgard endures!" and all that, you understand 

Great job, the white looks really good! I was so intimidated by the studio colorscheme, so I have great respect for you being able to pull it off!

Thank you. We had that planned since a few months, but Broken Realms made the background much more interesting of course. And he didn’t have many models available, but he still likes Anvilgard the most pit of the three “DE Cities”, so it looks like I’ll try to keep doing Morathi’s work also the next time. >< 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working at some 3D printed scenery lately. I made another statue, which could represent a Cathaller. The other design is a little passion-project. In Warhammer fantasy the flame of Asuryan was a really big deal and the image of a phoenix king passing through the flames really stuck with me. I'm so happy I finally was able to recreate that in a model.

here they are:

5h4qU3il.jpg Ui2M7xYl.jpg

7erDKfRl.jpg ngfsqCwl.jpg

If you like them, they are available on my etsy shop.

Edited by elfhead
Stupid auto-correct
  • Like 5

After a few months (admittedly some of that I wasnt painting) work, lots of self doubt aith the project... Haset is finally finished! 

From now until Jan 1st ill be working on her and the Hathorians homebrew and try to flesh it out a bit more.

I have some big stuff planned for 2021 and I look forward to sharing it with you all :)

C&C is always welcome

20201226_220406.jpg

20201226_220501.jpg

20201226_220518.jpg

20201226_220539.jpg

20201226_220612.jpg

20201226_220639.jpg

20201226_220740.jpg

20201226_220756.jpg

20201226_220833.jpg

20201226_222100.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

39 minutes ago, elfhead said:

I've been working at some 3D printed scenery lately. I made another statue, which could represent a Cathaller. The other design is a little passion-project. In Warhammer fantasy the flame of Asuryan was a really big deal and the image of a phoenix king passing through the flames really stuck with me. I'm so happy I finally was able to recreate that in a model.

here they are:

5h4qU3il.jpg Ui2M7xYl.jpg

7erDKfRl.jpg ngfsqCwl.jpg

If you like them, they are available on my etsy shop.

I really love these, I just started fiddling with 3d design (gf got me a new stylus also!) So I am hoping to also do some Lumineth scenery and terrain!

Keep it up, good work!

Working on some #greenstuff fur work. This is a kitbash for my homebrew faction project, my Hyshian non-chaos aligned Minotaur race the Hathorians. From the mountains and Highlands of Hysh, I'm looking to give them a long hair/fur look, sort of like yaks.

Should look ok when finished I think :)

Set up a blog here also that goes into their homebrew lore if anyone is interested in checking it out :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hey everyone!

It has been a big day! I was able to prime and start painting my first Hathorian! I am super proud of the outcome of this kitbash, and I only hope the rest turn out as well or better. The greenstuff work is far from perfect, but I'm super proud of the fur I was able to sculpt, and I definitely look forward to the next!

As this is my first Hathorian, and officially my Eltherion stand in, this will either be an Honored Warchief or a regular Warchief on foot and will be named. I am still debating on a name, but hoping to have one and some homebrew for him

The color scheme for the fur is influenced heavily by Highland Cows (or Coo's?), I love red-browns and it was already the color palette I was thinking. My original plan for the armor was to follow suit with my Wardens, however the orange makes it a bit too monotone, so I am instead going with a blue-grey; like Haset’s skin. Still debating on the shield color...

Still WIP and still working on the fur 

Would love any thoughts or C&C!

20210105_215755.jpg

20210105_215815.jpg

20210105_220202.jpg

20210105_220227.jpg

20210105_215733.jpg

20210105_220247.jpg

20210105_221009.jpg

20210105_221104.jpg

20210105_222205.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

@OkayestDM Very nice! That scheme really says light elves. I love what you did with your banners. They look really cool. Lovely Cathallar, and the transitional-style bases also fit well. 

@Dreadmund If you have tiny bit free time on your hands could you come over and paint the rest of mine? 😁 Really well done.

And I just realized that for some reason I forgot to post my progress pictures here. That’s all I painted at the end of December, a few more Sentinels left, then the core of my Moonspire Guard of Tor Xillion is finished and they’ll receive enforcements from the Alarith Temple of nearby mount Orovelai.  

CAFC8935-A951-4CAC-A41E-20792D641265.jpeg

749F6182-24D7-4F5A-8AF3-FCAF8BD12263.jpeg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

I've been on a detour with Troggoths and Loonshrine, but now I'm back on the Lumineth trail.  Just completed my Cathallar and thought I'd post a couple of photos.  I did struggle with this one, especially the scarf.  It was only when starting that I realised I'd backed myself into a bit of a corner - I have chosen dark skin colour for my Aelves, which meant a lighter scarf.  All tutorials for painting sheer clothing  that I could find were for light skin, so I've had to wing it.  I'd appreciate any feed back on improvements if anybody has some tips to share, thanks.

20210107_214200.jpg

20210108_221906.jpg

• LOVE IT! 5

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to share my kitbash for my homebrew project completely done (until i find some touch ups!), and wanted to share a short blurb of homebrew for him :)

I hope you enjoy both as much as I have had building & painting him. I have two more waiting for their greenstuff treatment :) but first im going to flesh out this main hero of my homebrew :)

C&C welcome!

Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset

“As the large Hathorian charged towards them, the Gors and Bullgors did not know how to react. At first, they thought him one of their own, for the form was that of their own, or seemed to be. Instead of patches of fur, he was covered in long thick fur that even covered part of his face, or was it a mask? They could not tell from the distance they stood, it was not until they realized that his weapon radiated with pure light and that his armor bore both Lumineth and strange symbols that he was not one of their own. With a horrendous war call, the raiding party begins their own charge at the yak-like minotaur in front of them. Before combat was met, man-sized bolts whistled down from the sky skewering a few gor and a bullgors where they stood. With a thunderous war cry of his own Parvat’Shakti, Honored High Warchief of Haset crashed into the gors as an avalanche crashes into a building. Swinging his mace, its pure piercing light energy cauterizing and melting armor that it struck. The remaining Bullgors rushed the Hathorian, almost as large as he and more in number, seeking the blood and flesh of their assailant. Parvat’Shakti raised his shield to the first one, its green crystals pulsing outwards with his own push, sending the first bullgor flying back several meters, crashing into a highland boulder. Swinging his crude axe, the second Bullgor is parried by the Honored High Warchief’s own weapon. As the bullgor raised his axe to strike the sense of pain raised through his back, and then his chest; a beam of light soon shown where the bullgors chest cavity once was. The lifeless body fell before Parvat’Shakti, blood is shown on his war mask, he again wades into the remaining beasts, none are spared.” - First Encounter of Beast of Chaos and Hathorians, outside of Iakhu, Capital of the Hathorian Nations

Parvat’Shakti, meaning “Mountain Strength” or “The Mountain’s Strength” is the personal Honored High Warchief of Haset, and the first Male Hathorian to be made by the Goddess. Created for war, Haset imbued in him all of her own combat prowess and knowledge, he is war made manifest. Since before the Age of Myth, Parvat’Shakti has commanded over the Avatar’s armies, or Folds, and has crushed many in her name.  

Over the ages many High Warchiefs have challenged the ancient Honored High Warchief for his position, and to be Haset’s personal High Warchief; they soon realize their folly. Though all-male Hathorians are bred for war, none can match Parvat’Shatki’s strength or tactical intelligence, they are soon overpowered and sent back to their own folds.

Pivotal to the battle of Tor Yriquel, Parvat’Shakti lead the charge of the Hathorian Elite Guard, The Mountain Guardians, to repel the Slaanesh war host that had been carving a path of death through Ilithia during the Spirefall. The Hathorian fold caught the Slaaneshi forces off guard, being able to hold them long enough for the remaining Ilithian forces to regroup and join back into the battle. The ferocity that the Hathorians fought with inspired the aelves, but it was Parvat’Shakti’s own martial prowess that inspired them even more. Cutting down even the largest of Slaangor, the High Warchief seemed unstoppable, it was only until a Keeper of Secrets emerged that the tide began to shift again. If it was not for the Warchief's own tactical foresight the battle would have been lost. His own forces holding back the Keeper of Secrets and elite center, allowing the Ilithian infantry to flank the weaker sides of the piercer formation of the Slaaneshi force. Enough time was bought for Haset herself to engage the greater daemon of Slaanesh, soon the village was won and the Hathorians disappeared again, like the myths of old and the new rumors circulating that are told. It would not be for another passing of Ulgu that the Hathorians and Ilithians of the region would become military allies.

20210110_083929.jpg

20210110_083849.jpg

20210110_083814.jpg

20210110_083732.jpg

20210110_083657.jpg

20210110_083616.jpg

20210110_083546.jpg

20210110_083511.jpg

20210110_083433.jpg

20210110_083352.jpg

20210110_084036.jpg

• Like 4