Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

On 10/23/2020 at 7:03 PM, LuminethMage said:

Awesome that you already have painted that much, congratulations! 🥳👍

You also have a wrote background for them? 

Ah, well, I'm working on it. 

Since Eltharion is my favorite World-That-Was character, I was thinking about having all of the aelves that comprise the army to be made from souls who originally resided in Tor Yvresse.  However, I've dropped that idea, since I want to make something a little more unique to AoS. 

So, instead, I'm making lore for the specific Aelementari temples that make up the region my army originates from.  Since Vanari are usually just citizens, they'll just be from the various towns and cities that make up the region.

Working currently on the Alarith lore, which is fun since I just read Realm-lords, so I have some good material to pull from. 

Edited by Jaidean
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaidean said:

Ah, well, I'm working on it. 

Since Eltharion is my favorite World-That-Was character, I was thinking about having all of the aelves that comprise the army to be made from souls who originally resided in Tor Yvresse.  However, I've dropped that idea, since I want to make something a little more unique to AoS. 

So, instead, I'm making lore for the specific Aelementari temples that make up the region my army originates from.  Since Vanari are usually just citizens, they'll just be from the various towns and cities that make up the region.

Working currently on the Alarith lore, which is fun since I just read Realm-lords, so I have some good material to pull from. 

I had the same idea with Eltharion for the exact same reason. Given my main opponent plays Gloomspite though, and given Eltharion's ancient hatred of greenskins, I decided that Eltharion will categorically not be a fixed part of my "army," but  rather a hero come to smite his ancient foes.

I'm just about finished with Realm Lords. What did you think of it? I like it so far, but I can see where it's going...Nevertheless it really helped to flesh out the Lumineth in my mind, which was perfect.

Here is the latest progress on my army. It will probably be around summer when im done with the rest of the army.

Do any of you have any sugestions on how to do the trims? Or is it just that I lack the patience to take it "slow and steady"? Could it work with drybrush? (thinking of the Cathallers dress).

IMG_20201027_103251.jpg

IMG_20201027_120517 (2).jpg

Edited by Howdyhedberg
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 3

Really Love all the stuff on here! As someone who loves homebrew and seeing other peoples models I'm glad i found this subforum.

I would like to add a few of my custom creations that are apart of a Homebrew project for my Lumineth. I really enjoy writing homebrew as I paint, and for my Lumineth I really wanted to create a monstrous infantry unit. For this I automatically drew inspiration from the Tauren from World of Warcraft as I love their lore and have created a non-chaos aligned minotaur/bovine race named the Hathorians. For the  Hathorians I wanted them to have their own diety, so drawing from Egyptian Mythology primarily with some Indian influences as well I created Haset, Primordial Goddess of Hysh in both writing and in a current WIP kitbash form😉

Hope you enjoy the models (just built, still need some work before priming) and the homebrew! 

Hathorians:

“There on the brink of destruction, when all hope was lost for the small village of Yriqual Tor in Ilithia, the sound of slaughter was drowned out by massive war horns and a small glimmer of hope was restored as the ground trembled. The Slaaneshi mortals standing over the innocent wounded, dead & dying look up, with their blood-stained teeth grinding their twisted expressions melting away at the sight before them. A thunderous charge from a Hathorian war party sends the chaos raiders into a panic, many being gored with massive horns, trampled under hooves or smashed with massive hammers. Those aelven villagers still alive looked upon the new slaughter, the hunters had quickly become the prey. Just then a portal began to open, and a greater demon of Slaanesh appeared and sorrow again filled the villager's hearts. The Hathorians continued to fight, though they held their own the greater demon began to turn the tide as it ripped through the minotaur race. As the chaos forces regrouped and pushed back the ground below them began to grow feverishly with plant life, species of light bursting vine, flowers that burned with the light of hysh began to spring up and subdue the tainted mortals. A deafening cry let out; a voice full of anger. In a display of blinding light of greens and yellows, the Goddess Haset leapt at the Greater Demon of Slaanesh and gored it with her own horns through the heart, with her weapons cut off each of its four arms and soon sealing the portal to the chaos realm. Seeing the greater demon dispatched the mortals turned and ran, but it was too late as they were ran down or eradicated by magic.” - History of Yriqual Tor, Twin Spirit Peaks of the Ilithia Nation

Brief Race Overview:

The Hathorians are shamanistic tribal creatures that live throughout the mountains and grasslands of Hysh and are natives of the realm that predate the arrival of the Twin Gods. Hathors are Large muscular Bovine humanoids standing as tall as two men and weighing upwards to 1000 pounds. Their immense strength allows them to crush boulders with their hammers for building or just as easily tear an enemy’s arm off in battle. Covered in both smooth short and long hair, many sporting different colors of greys, blacks, browns, tans and whites – these divine bovines do not have any deformities like the Beasts of Chaos.

Introduction:

The Realm of Hysh has been the home to the Hathorians for as long as the two have been.  This shamanistic tribal race consists of Warriors, Nature Callers, Hunters and Priests and have built a complex culture over generations. Hathors do not look for war, though they are highly skilled in its arts and have clashed with Chaos and other nations, including the Lumineth of the Sayr Great Nation, over the centuries. Although not pacifists, when dealing with external conflicts they prefer to think of non-violent solutions before war is called upon, the act of killing even in self-defense is not a choice made lightly. Their Ilithian allies describe the  Hathorians as Stoic, embodying the strong and silent type with their quiet contemplation. This quiet thoughtful disposition is highly respected by the Aelves of Ilithia in particular, as they respect sound and thoughtful thinking. This high intelligence and calculated reasoning combined with the immense size and strength also make them to be considered dangerous by many, even their own allies and in particular those of the Great Nation of Sayr. A highly spiritual society the Hathorians pay homage to the mountains they live in the shadows of, however all worship Haset above all else, the Mother Spirit. The indiviual Hathorian is curious, though cautious and prefers to listen rather than speak.

Haset:

A being of pure light and a primordial goddess of Hysh, Haset commands the light and magics of the realm as a master weaver controls a needle, all with the sound of her voice. On the battlefield the foe is mesmerized, not only the slaughter before them as she is potent in melee with a sword and hammer, but also the hymns and prayers that are song that make whole regiments burst into searing light or worse. For her people, the Hathorians, she is the Mother Spirit and a beacon of hope that does not falter. Her charge is to maintain the fluid natural balance of Hysh with the Mortal realms, in particular with Ulgu, at any cost. Without balance there can only be Chaos.

The Goddess Haset of the Hathorian Nation is an ancient twin spirit that resides in Hysh, her twin residing in Ulgu. Possibly as old as the Realm itself the goddess has seen the realm grow and evolve, along with the civilizations that grow and crumble within it. Her form glows with the light of Hysh as her spirit within is pure light itself, blinding and purifying and only when she dims her light can mortals look upon her. Many different things are rumored of the goddess’s form, for she can take on many. and no one but the High Priestesses of Haset know of her true form Some say they see an Aelven woman with a bovine head with not only two long horns but six horns in total, within the two top horns a large disc is held. Others say they see the form of a beautiful white bovine, not dissimilar to the Ymetrica Longhorn. The most outlandish tales tell of a symbol that dances in radiant shades of light as it whispers message of knowledge.  Only the High Priestesses of Haset know the Goddess’s true form, only one thing is constant in any of the sightings beyond the raging light: The Sphere above her head.

The Great Awakening

Eons before the Age of Myth there was the Great Awakening throughout the mortal realms, if this was the first or one-hundredth time no one can be sure but life sprang forth. From the smallest insect to gods and goddesses themselves, life seemed untamed and among the mad expanse of life came Haset. Haset’s existence began in a burst of light and all alone. In golden fields met by forests of permanent autumn leaves she walked looking in awe of what would come to be known as Hysh. Wildlife all about her made her curious and she it, small squirrels to mighty forest cats would come close to the Goddess, her light drawing them in like moths. Over time Haset earned the trust of the animals, but even then, she felt an emptiness inside, she had nothing or no one like herself. Searching over the course of years she travelled the lands, no where she found what she seeked. Seeking companionship as she travelled the realm, she began communicating with the mountain spirits of what would become known as Ymetrica of the Lumineth. As those relationships grew the mountain spirits knew they were bound, they however wanted to help Haset in her quest to find what she longed for. They made an offering of gemstone boulders, this act of kindness would to allow Haset to craft her own companions that could travel with her. Haset took boulders from the mountain, in wanting a part of herself to be in her creation she also took beams of light from herself and two of her ribs. Over the course of days Haset crafts a stunning light infused gemstone bovine statue in one of her two true images. Pleased with it she then sings an enchanting prayer that turns the statue into what would come to be known as the Ymetrican Longhorn.

Haset’s creations brought her much joy, they proved in many ways to be what she had yearned for. Together they travelled the mountains and the other numerous landscapes, over many years Haset was happy, however eventually she felt a hole form as if it were a part of herself she yearned for.

The joining of Light & Shadow

Having travelled all what would become known as the Ten Paradises, Haset set it in her mind that she needed to search outside of Hysh itself, she felt a pull to the Realm’s Edge and beyond. She found herself between Hysh and Ulgu, this pocket realm inside the void where light and shadow danced in harmony, in this place she felt home more than anywhere other than Hysh.  Purple mixed with blue and black mists crawled around her, orbs of light and shadow pulsed about seemingly leading Haset to a destination, where too she did not know. What seemed like days passed, the goddess even in her brightest and purest form of light could not see beyond what the shadows would allow, but eventually thousands of light and shadow orbs illuminated what was a giant field and a figure in front of her.  Hesitant she did not go further but the orbs about her began to push her forward even as she resisted, a voice then let out, “Do not push her, she is not a captive, she is my twin” a masculine voice comes from the shadowed figure. Confused, Haset asks the questions her soul seeks but answers are not found all that is known is that her twin found out of Hasets existence by chance and has since then waited in this pocket realm for when she might meet her twin. One last question remained, “What is your name?” Haset asked and in reply the shadowy figure responded, “Mnevus”.

Over the course of two centuries Mnevus showed Haset the secret to controlling the Shadows and she him the Light. Soon after these trials and lessons came to pass both Gods returned to their native realms, however with a pact between them a bond that burns inside them both. For as one Wanes the other Waxes, a cycle of balance and power.

The Age of Myth

During the Age of Myth when the Lumineth Civilization was flourishing

(all homebrew could be changed as it is fleshed out more)

Hasetwip1.jpg

Hasetwip2.jpg

Hasetwip3.jpg

Hasetwip4.jpg

Hasetwip5.jpg

Hasetwip6.jpg

Hathorians1.jpg

Edited by Sinarai
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 5

1 hour ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Loved that but was astonished when Haset’s Ulgu twin didn’t turn out to be Hashut!

is the name similarity a coincidence, or do you plan to include a connection to / enmity with Hashut eventually?

Thank you!

You know, they dont actually have a connection, but its funny because for my Avalenor I almost named him Hashut, instead went with Lucifer lol. You do make a great point however, and I do think I will edit her twins name to Hashut! It simply feels... Natural. 

Hasets name actually comes from the Egyptian Goddess Hathor, who was also called Hesat and is her core inspiration. 

Good call however on Hashut, good call.

• LOVE IT! 1

Also I want to briefly explain/clarify about her sword since it is not yet in the lore bits I've shared and more still in my headcanon.

She does indeed carry a Keepers Enchanted Blade, and I know it doesnt really fit the Lumineth. However, the reason for this (without getting super into it) is that she killed a Kepper of Secrets and was able to dominate the blade, she now uses it to Mock Slaanesh and kill daemons.

Edited by Sinarai
  • Like 2

So, I want to share some painted figures also! I also want to apologize for the spam

I was originally going for a Halloween/Volcanic theme (seen with my Warden which was my first Lumineth painted) which has grown more into a Rebirth & Destruction theme, primarily with my Alarith Temple Units. 

I also seem to be unusual (at leaat maybe for my local area) where I like to paint each type of unit a different color, much like armies of old. My Dawnriders while keeping common colors have a grey-blue making them stand out.

20200924_132159.jpg

20200924_132133.jpg

20201004_214306.jpg

20201016_214748.jpg

20201012_030747.jpg

20200914_120823.jpg

20200916_214305.jpg

20200906_161236.jpg

20200906_161150.jpg

20200906_161322.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 10/28/2020 at 2:15 PM, SleeperAgent said:

@Sinarai I love that spirit of the mountain. How did you do the greens and the purple of the banner?

Hey there! So sorry its taken so long to respond, thanks so much! I am vastly proud of her thus far!

For her colors:

Central heart - Color in indiviual designs qith alternating colors of Sybarite Green, Moot Green, Warpstone Green & Gauss Blaster Green. 

Shoulders, Arms, Legs -These are all about the wet blend. Start with a base of Leadbelcher, then going inside out wetblend  Coelia Greenshade > Tan Biel > Iyandan yellow > Casandora Yellow (optional). This will dye the Leadbelcher when dry, giving a cool dyed metallic look that ive grown to love.

All outlined by Yriel Yellow. 

For the purple banner it is Xereus Purple dry brushed with Russ Grey and then shaded with Druchhii Violet

(All Citadel Brand, incase you didn't know, I apologize if you did!)

Hope this helps!

I need to start writing down my recipes lol doing this from memory, oof!

Edited by Sinarai
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, Sinarai said:

So, I want to share some painted figures also! I also want to apologize for the spam

I was originally going for a Halloween/Volcanic theme (seen with my Warden which was my first Lumineth painted) which has grown more into a Rebirth & Destruction theme, primarily with my Alarith Temple Units. 

I also seem to be unusual (at leaat maybe for my local area) where I like to paint each type of unit a different color, much like armies of old. My Dawnriders while keeping common colors have a grey-blue making them stand out.

Well done! really like the volcanic theme on Avalenor and cool having that resonate in the other troops as well, makes him a really great center piece which will look great on the table. 

best

• Like 1

4 hours ago, woolf said:

Well done! really like the volcanic theme on Avalenor and cool having that resonate in the other troops as well, makes him a really great center piece which will look great on the table. 

best

Thanks! I am very pleased with him for sure! Eventually I'll have the whole army done.. eventually lol