Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

Those photos look awesome Pyrescribe!!

and speaking of Dawnriders... I’m so close to finishing up a squad!!  Whew!  But, wanting ideas for their lances. In particular the blades. My wardens are similar to the rear rider (a glowish blue steel). I’m wanting to give these Dawns more of a sun metal quality.  Kind of like the Steedmaster in this photos. And it’s ok. But any ideas on getting a “glow” to these blades?

77C992C9-821C-4590-9EC0-A2DC74FF6B63.jpeg

90AB000C-FF75-4F1B-B0ED-2F1199CD92AD.jpeg

• Like 6

On 10/7/2020 at 5:07 AM, Wyliekyote said:

But any ideas on getting a “glow” to these blades?

my plan for the blades will be to paint a red/orange/yellow "power sword effect" (there are plenty of tutorials on such on youtube). and I will do it only on maybe 1 in 3 or 1 in 4. that way it saves a lot of time and my hypothesis is that it will look cool in the unit with some of then flashing like the sunmetal ability triggered

On 10/13/2020 at 5:53 AM, Howdyhedberg said:

Lovely models you have posted here!

I wanted to share my 4 dawnriders that I have completed.

I was worried about my broken banner, but I think it looks alright! It was hard to paint the banner part though :p! 

Great looking riders you got there!

This is the best thread in the whole forum, imo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Pyrescribe said:

Great looking riders you got there!

This is the best thread in the whole forum, imo

Thanks, Pyrescribe! They took a lot of work, but it was definitely worth the effort!👍

I agree, it's always fun to come by this thread and see everyone's progress on their Realm-Lords!

@Lasarce Wonderful Cathaller! Looks amazing!

• Like 1

So, I've finished painting 1,000 points of Lumineth. Really happy that I've been able to keep going so far. Having not done any hobby-ing for a very long time previously.

So here is the Vanguard of my Moonspire Guard of Tor Xillion

IMG_7899.jpg.074b404854f202f7d28f9fa9adda588e.jpg

The Vanguard consists of 

General - Qironde Soulweaver (Cathallar, Mistweaver conversion), the Mystic of the Aegis (battle leader) of the Moonspire Guard.

Three legions of Warden (The Luminous Guard, The Shields of Celennar, and The Scions of the Spire)

A legion of Sentinels (The Lightbringers)

A detachment of Dawnriders (The Archmage’s Lances)

And Eltharion - who for inscrutable reasons deemed to join the vanguard for their campaign. 

The next 1,000 points will far include less models, but far more hesitant brush strokes because of Teclis, a model I really don't want to mess up. (20 Sentinels, a Cathallar, Teclis and the Twinstones) 

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 3

27 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Chapeau for not breaking two banners ! 

One of them actually did break, but fortunately it was in one of those conical segments so there was sufficient surface area for a secure reattachment. I also broke a pike in transit before the army got magnetized. I've a feeling i'll need to buy a spare box of wardens and riders to accommodate battle damage over the coming years. I'm all in on this faction though, so I don't really mind. I thought buying 2 of the starters was baller, but apparently you got 3 you absolute madlad.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Pyrescribe said:

One of them actually did break, but fortunately it was in one of those conical segments so there was sufficient surface area for a secure reattachment. I also broke a pike in transit before the army got magnetized. I've a feeling i'll need to buy a spare box of wardens and riders to accommodate battle damage over the coming years. I'm all in on this faction though, so I don't really mind. I thought buying 2 of the starters was baller, but apparently you got 3 you absolute madlad.

Good to hear that it was easy to fix. Same fo me. I snapped one (out of one so far), but it was still a bit attached so it was easy to glue again.

I was thinking the same - I need some spare Wardens for the wear and tear over time. 

Yup, I bought 3 🤪. So I have 15 Dawnrider now, lots of spare parts and it was totally worth it (my daily mantra). I'm happy to see another multiple-box connoisseur : ) . Two might actually be worth it. You can keep one book fresh, while use the other, and so on. 

@ThalmorRepresentative White marble is a great idea. The base also will have parts of that, right (looks like it from what I can see)? There are people who know this much better than me, but a second high light might be better for that look, to get rid of a bit of the blue/grey. But better wait for people to give advice who actually know about painting. I think the blue/white looks great, but would think more of "ice" right now. On the other hand, such things often only come together when most of the model is painted. 

It's really great to see all the progress that is being made! 

So I highlighted the filigree on the armor and had to go back and re-base the main carapace because of the tiny mistakes adding up 😑

But I think it is worth it!

Will wash the model again once I've based everything.

Will try to get better photos once I clear the legion of Lumineth and Idoneth out of my light box lol.

PblfkCh.jpg

YgKNIgM.jpg

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

So, just finished the first 10 Sentinels and thought I'd share progress so far.  The overall theme is beginning to take shape and it's been challenging, but very satisfying.  They're such lovely models!  Next  up will be the first Cathallar, but I have to make a slight detour to do a Loonshrine for my Troggs (have to spread the love :) )

20201019_201136.jpg

20201019_202111.jpg

20201019_202423.jpg

20201019_202403.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5