Lumineth Assemble! (photos & lore)

LuminethMage

7 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Finally completed 10 more of my Stoneguard. 5 more with mallets to go, but Avalenor is first.

E547AEB1-AF54-422A-84F2-3DE6329D43A5.jpeg

Nice job! 🙂 

How many have you all in all so far? I have Avelenor and two Spirits of the Mountain and 25 Stoneguard and I'm thinking of maybe getting  5 or 10 more but I'm not sure it is worth before at least having the full picture with the new range/rules we'll get..

p.s. I have used the same blue crystals in my bases too! 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siegfried VII said:

Nice job! 🙂 

How many have you all in all so far? I have Avelenor and two Spirits of the Mountain and 25 Stoneguard and I'm thinking of maybe getting  5 or 10 more but I'm not sure it is worth before at least having the full picture with the new range/rules we'll get..

p.s. I have used the same blue crystals in my bases too! 🙂 

Thank you!  

Wow 😮 25 that’s awesome! I have 20, 15 fully painted now (10 for each weapon once they are done), and working on Avalenor. The Spirit is also built and primed.

I don’t think I’ll get more, at least not for some time, because I’ll buy at least one each of the new models, so that will take me awhile. I still have ca. 30 models unpainted from what I have bought previously. 

Blue Crystalls - Enlightened minds think alike 😆 . They are not the best looking, but sufficient for accents, and otherwise it would be really a lot of effort to do paint all of them. So I’m happy I found them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Thank you!  

Wow 😮 25 that’s awesome! I have 20, 15 fully painted now (10 for each weapon once they are done), and working on Avalenor. The Spirit is also built and primed.

I don’t think I’ll get more, at least not for some time, because I’ll buy at least one each of the new models, so that will take me awhile. I still have ca. 30 models unpainted from what I have bought previously. 

Blue Crystalls - Enlightened minds think alike 😆 . They are not the best looking, but sufficient for accents, and otherwise it would be really a lot of effort to do paint all of them. So I’m happy I found them. 

One of the problems with Stoneguard apart from the price is that the fact they are only 5 in a box means it is difficult for the stores to calculate how many boxes they'll need resulting in me having trouble to find more to buy..😅

The crystals are awesome! Basing is one of my least favourite things in the hobby and I always try to "cheat" my through, most of the time using shattered dominion bases (who I can just paint) paired with some tufts and crystals in this instant..

Crystals will have an important role in  a big fluff project I am slowly creating, so I have bought other colours too and plan to have most of my armies have crystals on their bases.. 🙂 

• LOVE IT! 1

I’ve finally done it! I have got a scheme I’m happy with and will proceed with (thank Teclis and Tyrion).

Basically, it’s the Ymetrican scheme just the white armour is changed to brass with the trims and I’ve given it a green tint. And I’ve made the cloth a more neutral grey so it isn’t too warm with the armour. 

59D8D457-A1F2-468A-A6BB-333EB47AE2B1.jpeg

FB02CE2C-15FE-472C-8D7D-53B54716BE5C.jpeg

FDBBFF3A-B9E8-4300-81C9-2AC33318CF39.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

@LuminethMage, Thank you very much. :) I’ve been humming and harring for way too long so it feels good to finally be happy with him haha.

I got inspired with the gold by @ArchaicArc, who showed his incredible duders a couple of pages back with the slightly green-gold metal. Reminded me of the elves from LoTR. And then doing the robes whiter was inspired by your awesome guys. Your white is way crisper than mine, looks ace, but I’m happy with how mine turned out using the Apothecary White contrast.

Now to see how they look in a group of 10, and with finished bases. 

"OH! I know, it's a cake!" - My Big Fat Greek Wedding

What do you think of my Teclis & Celennar Ca-... Base!? 

Gonna prime it all still but added mud for texture/ added protection for the Styrofoam below

Celennar above with Teclis down below is the plan :) lots of grass and such to eventually be added amongst the ruins

I won't be using Teclis himself however, planning to use Ellania instead with some modifications  :)

20210323_170930.jpg

20210323_170951.jpg

20210323_171135.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

@MiNibbler this looks so fresh! 😃 So close to my new scheme also lol! I am currently rebasing and making very slow progress. I am unsure about the Gemstone colour for the helmet though. Could anyone help me out?
I was trying purple and I don't want it to be red since I want to avoid all three primary colours to be present on the Model.
As an aside: I hope some Tyrionic Nation will have Yellow robes ;)

photo_2021-03-25_17-34-00.jpg

photo_2021-03-25_17-34-01.jpg

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

@MiNibbler this looks so fresh! 😃 So close to my new scheme also lol! I am currently rebasing and making very slow progress. I am unsure about the Gemstone colour for the helmet though. Could anyone help me out?
I was trying purple and I don't want it to be red since I want to avoid all three primary colours to be present on the Model.
As an aside: I hope some Tyrionic Nation will have Yellow robes ;)

photo_2021-03-25_17-34-00.jpg

photo_2021-03-25_17-34-01.jpg

maybe make them green? should work given the blue/yellow if you want it tied together. or maybe yellow if u don't want another color in there

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCdMKwUoCSm/

Noted High Elf/Lumineth/yellow Instagram user Aelves_United_Nations has a kind of inverted version of your scheme where he has light green robes and blue gems, so yes maybe doing the gems green would tie it together well

Also which brand of (non-tuft) grass did you use on your bases? They look good

• Thanks 1

I’m painting really slowly this past year but pretty happy with how my colour scheme is turning out. Looking forward to seeing if it works with the new models

I'm finding  their faces difficult, although I’m pretty pleased with how the cathaller’s turned out.

1D0ED78C-F777-4FD8-9484-BF6FCC10D62A.jpeg

AC914BCB-D45E-4BA3-A46F-342E2FFAB8C4.jpeg

C2798FEA-F6BF-4D14-AD09-AA0A8359D11F.jpeg

845CFF5E-70CD-47E2-AAEA-C68C525C0CB5.jpeg

4735935E-F7F0-4BC9-B73F-47F5DE6F8F0C.jpeg

• Like 10
  • LOVE IT! 3

17 hours ago, The World Tree said:

There's some beautiful schemes in here, but has anyone done a avelorn style lumineth army? Lush greens etc?

My scheme isn't strictly green, but it has green for one of it's Mountain Temples. My two Temples are about Rebirth & Destruction (Dormant Volcano Spirit vs Active Volcano Spirit). You can see the green schemes on the spirits and a Truestone Seneschal here

20210306_134047.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

I finished Teclis yesterday, all ready for his reinforcements. I love this model, but it will be a relief to do some more battleline 😂

I have an extra long weekend booked for next week to get really stuck in on the new models. I can't wait to pain the Shrine Luminor!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 15.45.57 (4).jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 6

13 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

I finished Teclis yesterday, all ready for his reinforcements. I love this model, but it will be a relief to do some more battleline 😂

I have an extra long weekend booked for next week to get really stuck in on the new models. I can't wait to pain the Shrine Luminor!

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-28 at 15.45.57 (4).jpeg

@Dreadmund Magnificence incarnate!

Well, I am back in the realms of Hysh. I've picked up the warscroll cards and two kits of Bladelords. A humble beginning, but I am planning to expand a bit slower than usual starting off. Probably cause I got Morathi a bit ago :P. It'll be awhile before Lumineth hit the tables that I frequent, but they're coming :) .

Edited by ThalmorRepresentative
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

With all these new miniatures and the battletome i'm starting to paint some lumineth.

I love cavalry overall and i'd like to get a fast paced army to contrast with my slow stormcasts so i decided to work my colors on a dawrider.
Ideally i'd like to 3D print some chocobos instead of the disgusting kangaroo but i don't know how it could end, and it would probably be tons of work so here's a piece of concept art and some painting too :).

Hope you'll like them

Sans titre-1.jpg

Sans titre-2.jpg

sketch.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 3

@jeanfluflu That is a really nice paint scheme!  And while I don't mind the Roo's, your Cho...co... Angry Ostrich style could be fun (reminds me of the old video game Joust?)

And YAY!!  I've finally finished one of my Sentinel units.  Bit of a slog, and only a few (well, more than a few...) broken strings and arrows, or mis-fits.  But all is well now that they are done!

Now.. what to paint next?  My other Wardens? My  Hammer Bros?  Teclis!?!  .... nah....  Or take a break and do some SW:Legion to get ready for the next wave....

3AC73EEC-6D3A-4C99-8734-41E721D51DA6.jpeg

5DB89C3F-ED96-4D72-B4CF-C9B68C84FA48.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

• Like 5