Female model representation in Age of Sigmar

Enoby

16 minutes ago, shinros said:

Man so the fact I saw my mom scrambling to keep hers when her sons are paying the bills is a lie? Until we found out and told her to stop. So all the elder black people I talked too are liers as well?

Also I'm sure the family of my adoptive brother on my dad's side is having a wonderful time where his own girlfriend has to deal with her own twin brother who has done prison and drugs, who is willing to punch her in the face.

Man black people are recieving this wonderful welfare yet crime rates amoung us is so high. I'm sure that instead changing the culture and ethical surroundings of our young, won't reduce either. No sir, getting serious and working hard doesn't reduce those rates. Since according to you its impossible.

Man, I can't wait until we get to the argument where I am not black and I have no idea what I am talking about. 

I think some of you people should go to such areas and live there. Let's hope you don't get shot or stabbed.

You have a couple of anecdotes, of questionable sourcing. But... like... why is your mother trying to keep government benefits even with family help a problem? You'll have to unpack this one for me, because I don't see the issue. Why should she be beholden to you and your brother(s)? 

I dunno what the second anecdote is even supposed to indicate? I mean, I am going to assume you aren't pulling the reactionary view that black men are inherently violent (whether socially or biologically, this distinction is a trick). So what's the point? He's doing a bad thing. He should not do the bad thing. So black people as a whole don't deserve benefits or something?

Black people AREN'T receiving wonderful welfare. They receive, in actual measurable reality, very LITTLE government support. But of course welfare is one dimension of funding black communities. Work programs, school funding, infrastructure, housing. But you seem to focus only on the welfare boogeyman. Which is, again, a racist trope invented by racists to justify oppressing black people. This isn't conjecture, this is a well researched phenomenon. Actual deliberate racists created this view of 'welfare queens', and because racism is insidious, it's perpetuated through the entire culture.

There's no amount of hard work that's going to fix black communities. Black people already work quite hard, they just are usually relegated to jobs that do not pay much. There's no amount of hard work that's going to get someone stuck stocking shelves at a grocery store to the american dream. So you got to hit on the lucky handful that make it higher. But, like, no dude it isn't fair that schools in black communities are decaying edifices starved of money. How are you gonna get a good education without money to pay for books, pay for a computer, and the library was closed years ago? Maybe you can get the community to band together to help one kid out of thousands push past the blocks. But you can't do that for every kid.

But why do you expect black people to just work harder than most white people enjoy? Why is this okay? Why are you so against the idea of giving black people the same hand up white people enjoy by benefit of being white? 

Do you think that getting welfare completely destroys a person's willingness to work?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stratigo said:

Yeah, they're probably not. But you never know about the future.

This isn't true. A handful misuse welfare. Statistically VERY FEW misuse welfare. The idea that welfare is regularly misused is a racist one perpetuated as a justification to NOT give black people any money at all. It distresses me that this is a trap you've fallen in to. 

You are literally parroting back talking points invented by racists right here. That black people simply couldn't handle being handed prosperity, they will misuse it. Black people must first change themselves somehow, in some way. But of course, no, there's nothing a black community can do, no action they can preform that would prove to the people who want to withhold welfare that black people are suddenly deserving of benefits.

Part of my family are bad people, and some of there live with socials helps without work with my cousins abandoneds. I don't know if the case of UK, but in spain exist a lot of helps without requiritions. And this is the trap.

Maybe if this helps incorporate conditions as do courses for companies, do profesional formations with a salary and after this find work is more better than helps without requiritions. And social control to the parents in order to take the children to the school, take care of them, etc. In summary, helps with a lot of poor people but with conditions.

Sorry for this commentary to the moderators.

Edited by Sartxac

MODERATOR NOTICE

One final moderators nudge for the thread. Please can we get back on topic. This is not the place to discuss the general political or social situations of the real world. Please keep this to the hobby, to wargames and to the topic. If we drift off course this far again we'll have to close the thread. 

No punishments, evolution of discussion is normal, but we have limits on how far and where we can go. So please lets return to women-warhammer-hobby and wargames. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Overread said:

MODERATOR NOTICE

One final moderators nudge for the thread. Please can we get back on topic. This is not the place to discuss the general political or social situations of the real world. Please keep this to the hobby, to wargames and to the topic. If we drift off course this far again we'll have to close the thread. 

No punishments, evolution of discussion is normal, but we have limits on how far and where we can go. So please lets return to women-warhammer-hobby and wargames. 

I understand, but I also think a stance should be taken, officially, on the perpetuation of well known racist tropes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

4 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I understand, but I also think a stance should be taken, officially, on the perpetuation of well known racist tropes. 

What tipe of stance? Do you want the expulsion of other tropes? I think that you are the only commentarist that short the respect other users.

8 minutes ago, stratigo said:

Woah, never knew I was along all the black people in my sphere are internally racist. Maybe Denzel Washignton is as well. Considering the mod notice I will leave it there. 

Edited by shinros

8 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I agree, the last few pages have left me genuinely sad at some of the opinions offered on people of various races as well as the perception of those on welfare. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

And I think it seems we are not going to manage to head back on topic. 

I'd like to congratulate all members on this discussion which has generally run very smoothly on a very difficult to discuss topic that has often caused huge drama in other communities. As a mod I have to say I've a lot of respect for your guys and gals right now in being able to keep things on track and have a healthy debate and exchange of ideas and viewpoints. 

I also want to note that the closing of this thread does not mean that we are banning further/future discussion on this topic, though I think for now we've hashed it out much as we can before we start drifting away into other topics and subjects. 

I would also remind people that if you feel insulted/targeted please do report posts using the report function and, when you do, please please write something in the report so we know why you are reporting it. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1