Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FlipRecoil

Sacrosanct Chamber 1k list. Newbie.

Recommended Posts

This is my first go at making a 1k list for a casual tournament happening at my local gaming store. I bought the Soulstrike box a while ago and want to make the most of the models found there. Any thoughts and advice are welcome.

Here are my two ideas so far. The first one is just based around the models I have and what I think will be fun, the other is a little bit more try hard. 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)

- General

- Command Trait: Single-minded Fury

- Artefact: Stormrage Blade

- Spell: Celestial Blades

- Mount Trait: Pride Leader

Lord-Castellant (120)

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)

3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)

Celestian Vortex (30)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Wounds: 54

And the one that's a little more try hard - 

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

- Stormhost: Hammers of Sigmar

Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)

- General

- Command Trait: We Cannot Fail

- Artefact: God-forged Blade

- Spell: Celestial Blades

- Mount Trait: Pride Leader

Gavriel Sureheart (120)

Lord-Exorcist (90)

- Spell: Lightning Blast

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

5 x Sequitors (120)

- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)

Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 1000 / 1000

Wounds: 52

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first one is similar to what I ran, I think it's fine. Go run with it first. 

My only suggestion is to get a heraldor, vexillor, or gavriel to improve your chances of getting the charge off with your sequitors.

Another important thing is the thinking behind the list. Why are the units inside? 

From what i can see, your LA and cats are your main hammer. Not seeing the battleplan so much with the rest tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Evantas said:

The first one is similar to what I ran, I think it's fine. Go run with it first. 

My only suggestion is to get a heraldor, vexillor, or gavriel to improve your chances of getting the charge off with your sequitors.

Another important thing is the thinking behind the list. Why are the units inside? 

From what i can see, your LA and cats are your main hammer. Not seeing the battleplan so much with the rest tho.

What was the list you ran?

As for the battleplan for the rest of the list - Sequitors were intended to hold objectives with the castellan to help them do that a bit better. The raptors were there mainly for harassment purposes with an ungodly amount of shots and reducing the enemies charge range.

Celestian Vortex is there simply because I had a spare 30 points.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FlipRecoil said:

What was the list you ran?

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

SPEARHEAD
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Command Trait : Single-minded Fury
- Artefact : Stormrage Blade
- Spell : Lightning Blast
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)
- 2 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration : Celestial Blades

MAIN BODY
Knight-Heraldor (100)
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)

REARGUARD
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Meeting Engagement Format, went 4-2 with this list, lost to another SCE (mainly due to map layout and my own mistakes) and a Petrifex.

Dracolines murder whatever they touch, except really really hard targets.  The block of 10 Sequitors is the main objective holder/anvil,  heraldor helps them or the dracolines get favorable engagements. Raptors and aetherwings drop from the sky to threaten other objectives or engage wherever they are needed.  

Edited by Evantas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Evantas said:

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals
- Stormhost: Celestial Vindicators

SPEARHEAD
Lord-Arcanum on Celestial Dracoline (210)
- General
- Command Trait : Single-minded Fury
- Artefact : Stormrage Blade
- Spell : Lightning Blast
- Mount Trait : Pride Leader
3 x Evocators on Dracolines (260)
- 2 x Grandstaves
- Lore of Invigoration : Celestial Blades

MAIN BODY
Knight-Heraldor (100)
10 x Sequitors (240)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5 x Stormsmite Greatmaces
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (140)

REARGUARD
3 x Aetherwings (40)

Meeting Engagement Format, went 4-2 with this list, lost to another SCE (mainly due to map layout and my own mistakes) and a Petrifex.

Dracolines murder whatever they touch, except really really hard targets.  The block of 10 Sequitors is the main objective holder/anvil,  heraldor helps them or the dracolines get favorable engagements. Raptors and aetherwings drop from the sky to threaten other objectives or engage wherever they are needed.  

I like that list a lot! If I removed the Castellan and the vortex I could run mine with a Vexilla and a unit of aetherwings and it'd play pretty similar. 

I've always been under the assumption that's it's the Dracolines and Arcanum that drop down to get those 9" re-rollable charges? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FlipRecoil said:

I like that list a lot! If I removed the Castellan and the vortex I could run mine with a Vexilla and a unit of aetherwings and it'd play pretty similar. 

I've always been under the assumption that's it's the Dracolines and Arcanum that drop down to get those 9" re-rollable charges? 

Dracolines already have a 12' charge and can re-roll charges inherently.  If they drop-down from the sky they can't cast Empower on themselves, which is actually like a ~15% damage boost that you'll miss out on. 

I find that with Heraldor buff, they can advance and charge, which extends the threat range by a lot.  If you burn a CP for 6' advance, they can run 18' and still have a rerollable charge, so it's quite a reliable 25' threat range, hence my preference for a Heraldor. 

That's also why are usually set-up on the ground, and they can quite often get in a T1 charge on the smaller ME map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Evantas said:

Dracolines already have a 12' charge and can re-roll charges inherently.  If they drop-down from the sky they can't cast Empower on themselves, which is actually like a ~15% damage boost that you'll miss out on. 

I find that with Heraldor buff, they can advance and charge, which extends the threat range by a lot.  If you burn a CP for 6' advance, they can run 18' and still have a rerollable charge, so it's quite a reliable 25' threat range, hence my preference for a Heraldor. 

That's also why are usually set-up on the ground, and they can quite often get in a T1 charge on the smaller ME map.

Never thought about the run and charge. That makes a lot of sense!

If I also tried out a Heraldor, I could drop the aetherwings and take an additional command point. I've never seen aetherwings played so I don't know how pivotal their role is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...