Shop starting an AOS tournament

ChaosSpawn

Hello, 

I play at a shop that is starting up AOS and 40k tournaments, because I'm one of the few AOS player they asked if I could help set up the rules for it, I told them about the standard match play rules but they are looking for something a little smaller to start with that way people can get into it easier. 

My question is does the community have a tournament set up for around a half vanguard pitched battle, that would be about 5 to 6 hours?

On 9/1/2020 at 6:52 PM, ChaosSpawn said:

Hello, 

I play at a shop that is starting up AOS and 40k tournaments, because I'm one of the few AOS player they asked if I could help set up the rules for it, I told them about the standard match play rules but they are looking for something a little smaller to start with that way people can get into it easier. 

My question is does the community have a tournament set up for around a half vanguard pitched battle, that would be about 5 to 6 hours?

AoS Matched Play rules are pretty good at scaling to smaller games.  I'd perhaps suggest 750 points using the vanguard restrictions.  That should give you enough room to field a cohesive force but not take hours to play.

When you say people can get into it easier do you mean the shop getting into tournaments or more that the players may not have played many AoS games?  If it's the later then I'd suggest skipping the Matched Play terrain rules and command abilities to just streamline it a little more.