FlipRecoil

Hey, I've been writing up my first 2k list for Cities of Sigmar and I'm trying to base it on a more mobile Greywater force. The idea for the paint scheme is Vietnam War flavoured, so I've tried to go as mechanised as possible. Any and all advice welcome

Leaders
- Steam Tank Commander (General) (230)
Drillmaster
Macroscope

- Battlemage (110)
Choking fumes
Realm of Chamon

- Cogsmith (60)
Steam-piston armour

- Cogsmith (60)

Units
- 5 x Outriders (100)

- 5 x Outriders (100)

- Gyrobomber (80)

- Gyrobomber (80)

Behemoths
- Steam Tank (Battleline) (180)

Artillery
- Helstorm Rocket Battery (130)

Battalions
- Greywater Fastness Artillery Company

2000/2000

My own thoughts so far are I am torn between pistoliers and outriders, but outriders just seem to fit my theme better. Handgunners would also work but are just less mobile. I have no idea if Gyrobombers are worth it but the idea of painting them up as Hueys is too hard to resist.

1 steam piston armor seems much better on your tank commander than on the cogsmith. Id switch their items.

2 generally ppl seem to think gyro copters are better than bombers. It's hard to use the bombs more than once per game anyway since they are a bit fragile, and often die after the first use since they have to be close. Also, the steam guns can be situationally incredible. Both could be painted as Hueys and it isn't too hard to magnetize them- just the tail assembly, so you could try both. 

3. I'm not sure the 2nd cogsmith is necessary. I'd drop him.

4. A single wizard will really struggle to get off any spells in the current meta. He might be worth dropping. Or trade for a sorceress and turn 10 outriders into darkshards or bleak swords to give her the +2 of you early want a wizard.

5. With the points from the cogsmith and gyro change, see if you can afford a lord ordinator. You have a ton of artillery to use his +1 hit aura on. 

6. Steam tanks are cool as heck but not that strong. Can you satisfy your dream  and goal with only 3 (the commander +2)? If so maybe drop some for some more infantry or riders. 

7. . I think the pistoliers might help you more than outriders as a counter charge unit. They are also better without buffs. Outriders don't seem great unless you hard commit to + to hit with both the general and a hurricanum.You have pretty good ranged DMG anyway even without the outriders.

I wanted to make a steam tank list so badly when the book dropped. I wish they had a better warscoll.

Edited by Frowny
Added more thoughts

Hey thanks for the advice!

My thinking behind the second Cogsmith was to have him run around to help the steam tanks stay alive as only the commander has a way of getting wounds back. 

The Lord-Ordinator I didn't even think about but that does seem pretty great. 

As for the wizard, I was just thinking he may be of use when a dispel is really needed or a well timed Transmutation of Lead. 

What's your opinion on Outriders? I was torn between them and just straight up taking handgunners. 

Hey thanks for the advice!

Leaders
- Steam Tank Commander (General) (230)
Drillmaster
Steam-piston armour

- Cogsmith (60)
Macroscope

- Cogsmith (60)

- Lord-Ordinator (140)

Units

- 20 x Freeguild Guard (Battleline) Spears (160)

- 5 x Pistoliers (100)

- 5 x Pistoliers (100)

- Gyrocopter (70)

- Gyrocopter(70)

Behemoths

Artillery

Battalions
- Greywater Fastness Artillery Company

1990/2000

2nd draft. I still like the idea of a second cogsmith for healing purposes. But if removed I have 70pts to play around with.