Gaming/Battle mat recommendations / worth it?

Grimblaze

What’s people’s thoughts on the graphical gaming mats (grass, rocks, roads etc) and any recommendations for good ones (with clear graphics)?

Do like the idea and tempted, just wondering if it’s worth the investment?

Edited by Grimblaze

This one is from frontline gaming and it's been great! I think it helps keep things from breaking when models fall over, and is very crisp, clear, and sits flat.  No complaints and not even very expensive (at least compared to everything else in this hobby!)

IMG_0499.jpeg

• Like 3

I'll also vouch for Frontline, I picked up a couple of their mats after playing on them at LVO last year. Super nice quality and durability, no creases, and they had some that fit my personal preference of being more 'plain' so that scenery and units stand out. Plus they come with quality bags for storage/travel!

Weirdly, of the two I bought, one was about 1" longer than expected, and the other was 3" longer. Not complaining (my table doesn't have walls so it didn't bunch up) but it's worth noting. 

Gosh that Badlands one looks good. I’ve noticed that some of these mats look far too busy in photographs and videos and the models get lost in them. I am not sure that would be such a problem in real life though due to the angle you look at them? I noticed this with Silver Tower board which looked much better on the table than in pictures.

I own one of the GW cardboard battlefields and I think they are neat too. So compact and it gives me that wonderful feeling you get when you set up a board game. 🙂

Edited by Greyshadow