Catacombs Boxed Set

Lhurgoyf

The box ist out since saturday, any first thoughts about the quality of the set?

I recieved mine on saturday and built the catacombs Terrain the same day. Anyone else thinks the plastic of the new terrain is softer than normal?  I had to be careful not to cut too deep into the material. Quality ist superp as usual.

A little letdown was when I opened the box for the first time, there was no cool artprint ontop of the content, but a simple and thin yellow sheet of paper.  Is this with all the boxes or am I the unlucky one where the artprints were out? Even in indomitus there were two artprints to protect the content. And even the box itself is not as durable as the starter or indomitus box.  Don't want to be petty here, but for the higher prize we pay, the overall quality should be better. 

Can't say anything about the rules so far, but the lore and background could be more.

A little disapointet about the box, but still looking forward on playing the game with the extended content, since I realy like the game a lot. 

I did notice that the box is a little flimsier than usual from GW, a little bit annoying cos I want to use the box for storage, we'll see how it holds up.

I also had a sheet of plain paper on top, but there is the usual card art print present between the sprues and the game components.  My guess is that they realised belatedly that the box is a little too shallow for the sprues and needed a quick protection sheet on top as well.

I haven't noticed any issues with the plastic itself this far, certainly the figures are the same quality as ever and nothing seems unusual with the feel of the scenery elements (though I haven't taken clippers to them as of yet.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 6:18 AM, Lucentia said:

I did notice that the box is a little flimsier than usual from GW, a little bit annoying cos I want to use the box for storage, we'll see how it holds up

Yeah, I noticed that too - it's more like the boxes they use for battle-boxes and such than the ones they use for their "games"... which I guess makes sense if you look at this as more of an expansion than a base game but still, real disappointing.