AoS 2.0 GA Chaos List?

Homer72

Hello i am looking for your GA Chaos army lists. Please post them  here. What was your experience whith it?

What was your enemy playing? How did you get along whith it. I am not looking for a top or competitive army. Just for fun. I would like to combine Nurgle , with Khorne and some Bullgors.

What do you think about it?

Edited by Homer72

I'd start by asking what does GA Chaos offer that Legion of Chaos Ascendent doesn't.  GA offers all the different mortal units, plus the allegiance ability + Lord of War command trait is bonus to hit.  So I'd build in a way that buffs blocks of dumb idiots (mortals) and throw them at my opponent.  I do something like this:

Allegiance: Chaos
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Kairos Fateweaver (400)
Verminlord Deceiver (320)
- General
- Command Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Predator's Torc
Rotigus (320)
The Contorted Epitome (210)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (110)

20 x Chaos Marauders (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 114
Basically, the list uses Kairos to basically autocast Rotigus, The Contorted Epitome, and Chaos Sorcerer Lord spells every turn.  Or Kairos can cast the Verminlord's teleport spell to throw the Verminlord into the opponent's army.

If you want to build with Nurgle and Khorne, then think about what they lack.  You can already play Nurgle with 400 pts of allied Khorne (and vice versa).  Is there really a reason that allies won't work?

For Khorne / Nurgle / Beasts, I'd focus on to maximizing the + hit bonus.  I'd put the Lord of War command trait on whatever Hero you can make nearly unkillable and have that hero follow around units with a large number of attacks and wounds.  Unit examples would be Blightkings, Plague Drones, Bullgors, or Wraithmongers.

Or...

The Contorted Epitome + Morbidex Twiceborn + Max size units of Nurglings.  Just a thought.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your post. I've wanted to play a GA Chaos army long before the Chaos Ascendent Armay was an Option. I like the idea with morbidex, the nurglings and the contorted epitome most. ;) I will definitely try it.

May be some day, i will report my experience with it. 

Edited by Homer72

6 hours ago, Homer72 said:

Thank you for your post. I've wanted to play a GA Chaos army long before the Chaos Ascendent Armay was an Option. I like the idea with morbidex, the nurglings and the contorted epitome most. ;) I will definitely try it.

May be some day, i will report my experience with it. 

Thinking about it more, if you use the Nurgle allegiance with Epitome (ally) + Morbidex + Nurglings then you get access to Blades of Putrefaction.  I would need a good reason to go GA Chaos over Nurgle with this composition.  Kairos is one of those reason.  I'll have to take a look at other Greater Daemons to see what command abilities / warscroll spells exist.

I've been theorycrafting a number of Nurgling based lists since the GBH2020 points drop.  I was looking at Nurgle and Legion of Chaos Ascendent.  I'm not really happy with any of the lists yet.  I report back when I have something that seems interesting.

I am really pleased, with your idea of a nurgling based list. It is such a pity that they are no batteline in a Nurgle army!! I like to use  them in a "sixpack" and make a deepstrike with them. They are always a thorn in the flesh of my enemies:)