Ossiarch Tiny-Reapers

rosa

Sorry for the clickbait name,

but I am just building my new Ossiarch army and I realized how tiny and small everything is.

I really feel every model should be about 20%-30% bigger. Even Stalkers... Compare them to Kurnoths... And Mortek Guard is as small as a goblin! Katakros is also small...

I really think GW made a mistake and didn't catch up with their new scale. I love the models though...

What do you think about this?

I'm fine with the size of stalkers, immortis, the crawler, and the heroes, for the most part.  But yeah, I really would have preferred morteks to be larger, 2 wound infantry on 32 mm bases equivalent in size to stormcasts and fielded in units of 5 to 20 instead of 10 to 30, even if that meant the models being more expensive, and for kavalos to be similarly upsized.  The larger scale would have fit with Ossiarchs being a match for stormcasts.  It also would have made them much more distinct from deathrattle units, so the two forces wouldn't step on each other's toes mechanically and aesthetically.  It would have been easier to keep both around, though the OBR lore would still need to be a bit different.

I'm still happy with the look of the army as they are, though.  More of a minor nitpick to me than a major sticking point.

• Like 1

I know what you are saying. I wish they were too. I loved the lore regarding them but the models really through me off and if I don't love the battleline I usually won't invest in the army. I really want to get into death and am currently waiting to see if something happens with vamps. The FEC look isn't for me either and Legions look awesome and if I knew they were going to get a cities esque book I would invest in them but I don't want to put money into them yet. Vamps late 2020/2021?!

• Thanks 1

I think the scale is fine for what they are supposed to be. Katakros himself is still twice the height of a person and towers over all stormcast as well, which seems fitting while not being some kind of lumbering giant which could not even fit into any buildings or hold a war council. I think his size in that regard is just right.

The stalkers I think are fine too and morghasts, also significantly larger than most units, much bigger taller than Orruk brutes but maybe more in line with troggoths, who should be pretty big. 

The Mortek fits the lore as they are now, basically just regular human size, so the sclae is not off,  but I agree on a fundamental design and concept level it would have been really cool if they were Deaths answer to stormcast and chaos warriors. Why make them construct golems if they are the size of skeletons anyway with the relative same toughness and strength, that seems a bit like a waste of effort for those crafted souls. The deathriders are pretty cool and the mounts are pretty bulky, however I would have liked if they were all something like the liege Kavalos on the far larger construct.

The harvester though does seem a little bit small, although I like it on the tabletop that it is not a huge base monster, it makes it more useful in the support role. It is MUCH larger on most artwork though.

It would have been interesting to see the OBR battleline be somewhere in between the current Morteks and the Immortis guard, merging those looks for a slightly smaller immortus with only 1 set of arms could have been pretty effective I think.

• Thanks 1